Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Tnx for update we are using your dlls from first versions and now your webserver map are amasing. Before we used lpe and si in our tools to see inventory, maping and players stats but now it is seems like have no sense because you tool doing it well. I copied there custom items icons(100+) and now it show those as well.

1.What is good to add there it is lpe stats easy accesible, similar like ingame table when presing tab.

We are still using your comands in anti cheat tool, to control item spawning and speedhack or "g" usage. So please keep support them it is very good and very important commands.

2. What i can also ask to add if you have time on it - this kind of tool http://crafting.7dtd.pl/ in the web server. More and more custom items and recipes added so people should be able to see non standart recipes especialy recipes in forge or firepit because you can't see them until you have ingredients.

3. To more event rpg type events need not only "give" command that is very nice but "take". F.e. if you can make shop plugin available to the game etc. I have many ideas about that.

Thank you very much for you work and development this amasing open source tool.

1.What is good to add there it is lpe stats easy accesible, similar like ingame table when presing tab.

Planned for the future, the map was just a start to have something working at all ;)

2. What i can also ask to add if you have time on it - this kind of tool http://crafting.7dtd.pl/ in the web server. More and more custom items and recipes added so people should be able to see non standart recipes especialy recipes in forge or firepit because you can't see them until you have ingredients.

Even though that would be possible you shouldn't see this whole web thing as a user interface. Its primary purpose is for admins to have some tool independent and easy control over the server. If you want to present a custom recipes file that can be done with a simple frontent like that you linked to running on an arbitrary webserver ;)

3. To more event rpg type events need not only "give" command that is very nice but "take". F.e. if you can make shop plugin available to the game etc. I have many ideas about that.

Sounds like an interesting idea though that's probably more fit for a mod which does handle the whole job of the shop or such thing as you will probably have more interaction anyway. Also I just can not affect the inventory atm. as it is client sided ;)

Thanks for your kind words, this thing will definitely be further improved a lot in the future :)

Thanks for this fantastic mod to the dedicated server, and for updating it so quickly!

A request : command(s) to sweep-delete all item entities and/or all ai entities. This would be huge.

The game's item-entity garbage collection and management of spawned ai entities isn't very good. Servers often enter states where they are unresponsive due to having more entities than the game was meant to handle, especially on griefing events. Restarting the server doesn't always seems to clear it, either. In any case, many providers don't offer console-accessible ways to shutdown and restart the server, and for owners that have multiple admins and don't want to give their password to the providers web-based controls, this would provide a way for the admins to intervene on a server that has diverged without needing the intervention of the owner.

There are, of course, all sorts of minutia that I'd like to add, but I'll need to earn that by modding it in myself.

you can use "mem" comand try it.

Thanks, but 'mem' doesn't help this case. In game objects need to be deleted, rather than memory reclaimed.

Here are cases where it can get into this state:

1) There are tens of thousands of dropped block entities from someone setting off dozens of tnt

2) someone has collapsed a huge building, or a very large section of earth.

3) the game has over-spawned hordes, and they have piled up.

4) lot of players online in very different parts of the map have all done something big at about the same time.

5) more.

Every update loop takes seconds because there are so many entities to iterate through, and another update stacks onto the previous. Some symptoms are:

1) No new entity spawns.

a) You'll see no new wildlife or zombie spawns.

b) When people break blocks, no resource drops.

2) zombie zombies. Zombies stand frozen.

3) Structural integrity doesn't play out. Blocks turn into ghost entities but hang in space and prevent any action there.

4) the game otherwise seems to work... you can craft and loot and break blocks. Just, no entities will drop from them into the world.

A way to sweep/clear out all entities would be an effective intervention.

Thanks

Edited by leadingzero (see edit history)

Hi,

This is my first install and i'm having some trouble, i read all the pages of this thread and haven't found the problem i'm having.

The Problem i am having is the commands do not work in the ingame console, they work with Frt's sm, but i get command not allowed ingame

i have set all the commands in my admin.xml file and i check my output log for any errors that would be causing this but i can't find anything.

any help would be appreciated.[ATTACH]4398[/ATTACH]

output_log.txt

The log won't help in this case as you said the commands do work in one place. So the commands themselves are fine. It must be something about the permissions. Does your user actually have the permission to use commands at all?

If you want you can send me your admins.xml so I can take a look (in that case also send me the SteamID you want to be able to use the commands with).

A request : command(s) to sweep-delete all item entities and/or all ai entities.

Hm, this sounds like a really good suggestion. I won't do it though ;P

This is going to deep into the workings of the engine, too much can go wrong and it will also probably affect a lot of places that are changing often. And probably one of the biggest problems: I couldn't even reproduce the problem in order to test whatever I do. I really think that is one of the major engine isues TFP will have to fix themselves.

The user is me and i can use the original commands from the server just not any of the new ones, I had the same problem with the original commands but it fixed it self when 9.2 came out.[ATTACH]4399[/ATTACH]

So you can for example use "dm" ingame just fine and you can use eg "version" through Control Panel / Telnet but you can't use it ingame?

Did you restart your server after editing the admins.xml?

Are you sure you edited the right file?

You could try the following: In game use "cp add version 1". This will set the permission level for "version" to 1. After that shut down your server. If you now look at the admins.xml it should say that version has a perm level of 1. If it does not you are looking at the wrong XML. If it does says so you got the right XML and you did something wrong (e.g. actually did not restart the server, or edited the XML before stopping the server (it will overwrite your changes)).

/EDIT:

Also if you want your admins to be able to execute everythnig anyway you could just set them to level 0. With the fixes this means they can execute any command even if it was not explicitly given in the XML (see second bullet point).

Edited by Alloc (see edit history)

Hehe, ok :)

Did you see my edit to my last post?

Well then I don't know what could go wrong unless you didn't restart your server but as you said you did that shouldn't be the problem either :(

The XML looks fine, the mod is loaded, permissions are set ...

Any chance of stopping time when no players are connected with this?

Also I grabbed the source and attempted to get myself setup with it.. everything works except when I go to deobfuscate it complains that there is no patchers.xml.. I've searched high and low and can't seem to find any reference to what to put in there..

Thanks!

Edited by Vaelek (see edit history)

Also I grabbed the source and attempted to get myself setup with it.. everything works except when I go to deobfuscate it complains that there is no patchers.xml.. I've searched high and low and can't seem to find any reference to what to put in there..

Thanks!

If you are talking about stopping time in game when no users are online then I do not think you can do that due to the servers time being on a ticket while loaded. The only way would be too have the server shutdown when no one is online.

Hi, Alloc

Have a 1 question about WEBSERVER. It is not working :(

1) i enabled CPanel in serverconfig.xml, port: 8080

2) downloaded latest release

3) Rename folder "webserver{num} in webserver"

4) put folder "webserver" into game folder

5) launch server and go in http://ip:8082 (+2 from default) and nothing happens.

What i did wrong? How to launch webserver?

Hm, this sounds like a really good suggestion. I won't do it though ;P

This is going to deep into the workings of the engine, too much can go wrong and it will also probably affect a lot of places that are changing often. And probably one of the biggest problems: I couldn't even reproduce the problem in order to test whatever I do. I really think that is one of the major engine isues TFP will have to fix themselves.

Lol! Fair enough. I can't figure out how to do it, either. If I do, I'll post the code. You do your thing.

This would really be an intervention for a pathological case that is usually triggered when there are more than 8 players (which the pimps have defined as the max.) But the game can do more... except in rare cases, and most servers have many more people than that and things function well enough... except every now and then. The intervention I'm thinking of would be for those cases.

Thanks.

Hi, Alloc

1) i enabled CPanel in serverconfig.xml, port: 8080

2) downloaded latest release

3) Rename folder "webserver{num} in webserver"

4) put folder "webserver" into game folder

5) launch server and go in http://ip:8082 (+2 from default) and nothing happens.

What i did wrong? How to launch webserver?

Try using another port other then 8080 which is normally a web server port, Use port 3654 in serverconfig.xml and make sure you open the port on your router and firewall, Then open http://ip:3656

Hello Alloc, how can i use the command creativemenu / cm ? My console says creativemode true, but how i get the menu? :) If i open my inventory their is no creativemenu.

Oh man, but I do now embarrassing. :D I guess I just have too long not used the creativemenu. :D

Is it planned on LiveMap also be able to remove the Keystones?

Might be possible, depending on how the server works in that aspect. Nothing I wanted to look right now though ;)

there is no patchers.xml

Hm, yeah, I think it's not really documented. For a starting point get the current release of the Deobfuscator and there you'll find an patchers.xml for the current modules.

I assume you restarted the server after putting the folder in? What's the content of the log?

Try using another port other then 8080 which is normally a web server port, ...

Won't matter as long as cpport+2 is not used ;)

Is it planned on LiveMap also be able to remove the Keystones?

Yup, as that's an administrative task ;)