Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

I cannot get the map to show on a webpage. Alloc's Server Fixes and webserver last versions are in place - I use them with FRTs Server Manager 3.4.5.0. "Started webserver on 29452" is listed in the Web panel and the output_log.txt too. But when I try to connect via Waterfox to "MyServersIP:29452 I can't...I get a connection timeout. What I'm doing wrong? Map files are also in place, made a rendermap yesterday and the map folder is in the saves folder.

My understanding is that what ever port you use as the web control panel port + 2 is the web map port but make sure nothing else is on that port like the telnet else it wont be available

so lets say 29452 is your web panel port then web map port would be 29454 eg 29452+2

When I first had issues it was because my telnet was on the +2 port so i changed it to +1 instead so the web map had the port instead

Front runner doesn't conflict with the map so don't worry about that

Alloc you know your rlp command for removing claim blocks/keystones

Could the same trick work for other blocks, I realize they would not have an owner in the same way but If a range was give could it remove the blocks, Directly in this case water,

A griefing trick people do if they put water down up high and let it run down and get all over the place very very hard to clean up,

I dont know how often other admins have this issue but I've had it a few times, sometimes its easier to regen that region

"Started webserver on 29452" is listed in the Web panel and the output_log.txt too. But when I try to connect via Waterfox to "MyServersIP:29452 I can't...I get a connection timeout. What I'm doing wrong?

Sounds like something is blocking access. Are you running with a hosting provider? If so they probably block access to that port with a firewall. You can ask them if they open it for you (but I know that at least one already said no to another user but I think a lot of them are quite helpful ;) ).

Alloc you know your rlp command for removing claim blocks/keystones

Could the same trick work for other blocks, I realize they would not have an owner in the same way but If a range was give could it remove the blocks, Directly in this case water,

A griefing trick people do if they put water down up high and let it run down and get all over the place very very hard to clean up,

I dont know how often other admins have this issue but I've had it a few times, sometimes its easier to regen that region

Sure, basically the way I remove the keystones right now would work with every kind of block. Not a top prio atm though ;)

(Gotta get everything that's in there right now really stable so I can extend on that)

Sounds like something is blocking access. Are you running with a hosting provider? If so they probably block access to that port with a firewall. You can ask them if they open it for you (but I know that at least one already said no to another user but I think a lot of them are quite helpful ;) ).

Yes, my server is hosted by a provider (Nitrado), so yeah, they have probably blocked the access to this port. I could try and ask them via the hotline or ticket, but the support there seems a bit clueless sometimes...

Is it possible to control what items are on the allowed item list for the 'give' command? There are lots of block types that are simply unavailable.

Would be nice if it was setup in a different file where a server owner could add a list of items they want on the give command then have the command call of this file read it and send the information back to the server if it is there and give a message stating its an item that can not be handed out if it is not there.

Is it possible to control what items are on the allowed item list for the 'give' command? There are lots of block types that are simply unavailable.

Blocks shouldn't be available at all. Right now it's an item thing only (i.e. no blocks, only items). Hope to change that in the future but no proper solution so far.

Would be nice if it was setup in a different file where a server owner could add a list of items they want on the give command then have the command call of this file read it and send the information back to the server if it is there and give a message stating its an item that can not be handed out if it is not there.

Erm, to simplify: You mean a file stating what is allowed and what not with "give"?

Yeah I totally posted this in the wrong place to begin with. I installed the FRT server manager on my windows box which is running 7daystodie installed through steam. Then I have a bat file running a dedicated server on the same box for my entire network. It is a private server that only friends and family play on. I Cannot get the allocs server fixes dlls to work properly despite having them placed into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed and the Assembly-CSharp.dll fixes renamed to Assembly-CSharp.dll and the old one with ORIG tagged on the front of it. The sm doesn't even recognize they are there except the server won't start with the SM nor my bat file rundedicated.bat vanilla way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The main feature I need from the allocs server fixes dlls is to be able to turn creative mode on and off whilst playing without a server reset.

Thanks in advance.

Erm, to simplify: You mean a file stating what is allowed and what not with "give"?

Yes so in other words when the give command is issued it checks a xml file for the allowed blocks which can also determine different permissions based on what you want each person with access to use. So if you have a full admin you can edit the xml and add as many items as you want for being admin and limit lets say moderators from giving out things like sniperRifles or augers.

Example: PHP Based but gives the idea a bit easier imo. Not sure if I wrote that correct but its pretty close to give the idea of course you would have to use the coding method within the files that you use if its C+ or whatever.

$xml = simplexml_load_file("give.xml");
  foreach($xml->children() as $access){	
     foreach($access->children() as $permission){
        $rankone = $permission->attributes()->admin;
        $ranktwo = $permission->attributes()->mod;
        if(!empty($rankone)){
           ###Send command based on blocks in admin list###
        }
         if(!empty($ranktwo)){
           ###Send command based on blocks in mod list###
        }else{
           ###Send Console Message "Please Add items to give.xml"###
        }
     }
  }

Based on this the Admin could give out the sniperRifle, 7mmBullet and auger, The Moderator would not be able to give these items he can only give what is in his list which is the chainsaw, pistol, and 9mmBullet

<data>
  <access>
     <permission admin="sniperRifle"/>
     <permission admin="7mmBullet"/>
     <permission admin="auger"/>
     <permission mod="chainsaw"/>
     <permission mod="pistol"/>
     <permission mod="9mmBullet"/>
  </access>
</data>

Doing it this way would make it so server owners can limit what staff on the server has access to give to players.

Edited by Lordicon (see edit history)

Got the server fixes loaded on the latest dedi server. map rendering works fine and also render to file. The webserver starts up, but i get a blank red background only. Located an error message saying ../webserver/map doesnt exist. Shouldnt the webserver fetch the mapfiles for static?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed

That looks like you try to use the client build as dedicated server. You should use the dedicated server build (can be found in tools in steam).

Yes so in other words when the give command is issued it checks a xml file for the allowed blocks which can also determine different permissions based on what you want each person with access to use. So if you have a full admin you can edit the xml and add as many items as you want for being admin and limit lets say moderators from giving out things like sniperRifles or augers.

Doing it this way would make it so server owners can limit what staff on the server has access to give to players.

Hm, will think about it ;)

Got the server fixes loaded on the latest dedi server. map rendering works fine and also render to file. The webserver starts up, but i get a blank red background only. Located an error message saying ../webserver/map doesnt exist. Shouldnt the webserver fetch the mapfiles for static?

Handled in IRC ;)

That looks like you try to use the client build as dedicated server. You should use the dedicated server build (can be found in tools in steam).

Ok I found and installed the dedi server version found in Steam "tools" I don't know if this version existed when I first made my server so had no idea it was around.

Once I installed the dedicated server version of 7dtd I then reconfigured the server manager and also copied my world and configs over. I then replaced the the Assembly-CSharp.dll and added the other to the /managed folder under the proper dedicated server install. Still the SM will not recognize these allocs dlls nor the server start :? I am stumped. I figured installing it properly should have fixed it.

again any more help would be appreciated. The SM works just fine without the dlls but allocs dlls are really what I need. Thanks in advance.

Hm, looks like an error another guy had with the current update. Please delete the whole Managed folder and have steam verify the integrity of the local files (which will make it redownload managed), then put the mod in there agan.

OK did just that. Deleted the /managed folder then went into steam to tools and right clicked the dedicated server for 7daystodie then went to properties and had it verify integrity of the tools... It replaced 31 files. Copied the mod dlls into the folder yet again and restarted the server... same issue.

http://pastebin.com/Mup0FMrX

10-4 Lordicon I shall try that.

Bah GAH @#$@#$ still nothing. I installed now the dedicated server using SteamCMD and then replaced the dlls as before... still not finding the allocs dlls in SM. Still server not starting when allocs DLLs are present.

I have been having similar problem. Dedicated LeetServer will not run with 7dtd-server-fixes.dll and Assembly-CSharp.dll uploaded to 7DaysToDie_Data/Managed folder. Am I missing something here?

Edit: To clarify as well, server was stopped during upload and started once completed. Also, restarted several times after to no avail.

Edited by Edit4488 (see edit history)

Bah GAH @#$@#$ still nothing. I installed now the dedicated server using SteamCMD and then replaced the dlls as before... still not finding the allocs dlls in SM. Still server not starting when allocs DLLs are present.

Are you sure you got the latest mod files (i.e. rev 194 or later)? Old files won't work with the latest hotfix release.

I have been having similar problem. Dedicated LeetServer will not run with 7dtd-server-fixes.dll and Assembly-CSharp.dll uploaded to 7DaysToDie_Data/Managed folder. Am I missing something here?

Log? (symptoms may be the same but often the reason is not the same ;) )

Are you sure you got the latest mod files (i.e. rev 194 or later)? Old files won't work with the latest hotfix release.

Definitely positive just installed the 196 this time just to be safe. tried the 194 also. Still the same issue. I have no idea what could be the issue. reinstalled everything almost lost my world luckily the client has it too ~phew!~