Improvements for the dedicated server

Alloc

Alloc, I'd like to make a request. Is it possible to do an inventory search of all online/offline players? For example, I want to search for bedrock. I'd like to find and ban whoever comes in and puts bedrock all over the place, but it always happens when I'm not around.

And if possible, the ability to automatically kick/ban someone who suddenly comes into possession of bedrock in their inventory :/

Alloc, I'd like to make a request. Is it possible to do an inventory search of all online/offline players? For example, I want to search for bedrock. I'd like to find and ban whoever comes in and puts bedrock all over the place, but it always happens when I'm not around.

And if possible, the ability to automatically kick/ban someone who suddenly comes into possession of bedrock in their inventory :/

This relates to my request to Frt to have an event / keyword detection system when parsing the log / console and be able to trigger a response such as a kick or a ban.

Right now though we get alerts for stacks exceeding a legal stack size, but have to do something about it manually, (which is actually fine right now since a lot of people are just using the forge to create easier to carry stacks) but it'd be great to get more powerful monitoring.

This relates to my request to Frt to have an event / keyword detection system when parsing the log / console and be able to trigger a response such as a kick or a ban.

Right now though we get alerts for stacks exceeding a legal stack size, but have to do something about it manually, (which is actually fine right now since a lot of people are just using the forge to create easier to carry stacks) but it'd be great to get more powerful monitoring.

I don't think the auto kick and ban is a good idea at all which a scoring system based on how many times they do said action within a certain amount of time is a better way to handle it. However What I am hoping more than anything else is the ability to see who is in Developer Mode and who is not. if someone is in Developer Mode that does not have access to the command auto ban them.

May be harder to do a check on but would be nice. 90% of hackers use god mode to fly around and this would be great to catch them.

Inventory search is a good idea, added to my list. Auto kick/ban could come with configuration later on, but probably only for really illegal stuff (e.g. by defining blocks that one could *never* get a hold on your server like bedrock).

I don't think the auto kick and ban is a good idea at all which a scoring system based on how many times they do said action within a certain amount of time is a better way to handle it.

Yup, think so too.

However What I am hoping more than anything else is the ability to see who is in Developer Mode and who is not. if someone is in Developer Mode that does not have access to the command auto ban them.

How do you expect this to work? Using developer mode is client side and the client is told by the server if he is allowed to enable DM. So if a client is not allowed but still gets it enabled that means the client is hacked. Do you really think someone who hacks the client to enable DM would send this information to the server?

Server won't allow me to connect when this mod is installed. The only error I can find in the logs is the one that I had posted in the last page that you referred to.

I recommend posting the whole log to something like pastebin.com so we can have a look. Remember to remove passwords from that file.

There is no deobfuscate-main.exe only a csproj file. Unable to drag and drop the file. (tonights just not my night)

You probably just downloaded the source, not the release. The source has to be compiled obviously to get an executable.

Hi Alloc

I have a strange problem. The webserver stops responding after a while after starting the game server.

netstat shows me all webserver connections as CLOSE_WAIT or ESTABLISHED. They won't disappear until I restart the game server.

I have tried to rerender the whole map.

What should I try next?

It has been working for over a week but yesterday it stopped.

I have protection enabled.

It happens every time I start the server. A few connections is ok then it stops responding.

Do you want me to try without the protection?

Hm, had such a report one time before. Do you have the protection enabled? Can you reproduce it (i.e. does it happen all the time)?

Will try to get a release ready these days that might also fix this.

Here is the logs with the errors.

http://pastebin.com/hJRQUUGV

Uh wow, this one again ... please verify for all the .DLL files in 7DaysToDie_Data/Managed that none of them contains the part marked in red on their properties. If one does click unblock.

I have protection enabled.

It happens every time I start the server. A few connections is ok then it stops responding.

Do you want me to try without the protection?

Yeah, please do so for a test :)

OK, well. This is what I've done so far with the 2 DLL's

Currently running Windows 8.1 on my Personal PC. I unblocked both files on my PC, then Zipped them. Updated the zip to a repository. Unzipped them, rezipped them on the repository. From there, kicked them over the the game server, installed them where they needed to go.... No dice

Next, I use Windows PowerShell to try and unblock the files on the Repository, zipped them, kicked them over to the game server, uploaded them to where they needed to go, then used powershell to once again Unblock them on the game server. Still no luck.

Next, used Streams once again on those files, says "No Files with Streams found" still can't connect to server. :-( I've officially run out of ideas.

when i install this , my game comes up with a bear saying files are mismatch please verfiy catch

Are you installing it onto a Dedicated server only? Also, are you removing the "Patched" from the AC#.dll before installing on your server?

OK, well. This is what I've done so far with the 2 DLL's

Continuing in Skype ;)

when i install this , my game comes up with a bear saying files are mismatch please verfiy catch

As Mack7n already pointed out and even the title of this topic clearly states: for Dedicated servers.

It seems to work with protection disabled.

Well, seems like that's the same issue as the other guy reported then. Protection (the way it is now with HTTP-Auth) will be replaced in future anyway ;)

Uploaded a new release yesterday, it *might* work better with protection enabled.

Is updating the webserver via svn enough for this patch to be applied?

Well, seems like that's the same issue as the other guy reported then. Protection (the way it is now with HTTP-Auth) will be replaced in future anyway ;)

Uploaded a new release yesterday, it *might* work better with protection enabled.

Running dedicated server

Hey Alloc,

When you say to run a dedicated server I've been assuming your talking about using startdedicated.bat is this correct? I'm having an issue when I run the modded files with:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at cl00b1.md0007 (System.String _bundleName, System.String _objName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Which was linked to not running a dedicated server, however the output log also has:

1.728 Dedicated server only build

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

I've tried looking up the information, but I have not found the information I need. I would greatly appreciate any advice you are able to give.

Thank you

Edited by Varstal
Nevermind it's in the actual Steam library not the folder >.> (see edit history)

Nope, the startdedicated starts whatever *build* you have there. Most likely the client build, which currently still has a dedicated *mode*. The output "Dedicated server only build" is probably because you already added my mod. As that replaces the AC#.dll it will output this, but this is not necessarily right for the whole thing you have installed. You can check it in two way: Replace the AC#.dll with the orig one you had before and check if the output is still in there (probably not ;) ) or check if Data/Bundles/ has just one file BlockTextureAtlasesD.

Uh wow, this one again ... please verify for all the .DLL files in 7DaysToDie_Data/Managed that none of them contains the part marked in red on their properties. If one does click unblock.

Yeah, please do so for a test :)

Woah. Just out of interest I checked my Assembly-CSharp.dll and it was blocked. However the server has run - relatively - fine. Should your tools be running if this is blocked?

Actually don't ask me what exactly Windows does with this assembly blocking ;)

Could be that it only affects when run with MS.NET, could be it's random ... It seemed to help for one guy to unblock it but as long as it runs fine for you you probably don't have to care.