Trader Quests

PinkLed5

Trader quests are one of my favorite parts of the game. I really enjoy doing the quests but I have few complaints that detract from my enjoyment, or even desire to continue doing them.

1) Tier 3+ difficulty: Zombie clear quests from Tier 3 on are just too hard. I cleared the basement, main floor and upper floor and it was dangerous, nerve wracking, and fun. Then I hit the attic. Having a dozen ferals and irradiated chase you out of an attic is way too much.

2) Fetch Quests: Don't show the exact location, do it more like a hidden cache. I can easily find the fetch object without agroing any zombies just by using the compass.

That's my feedback. Thanks!

2) Fetch Quests: Don't show the exact location, do it more like a hidden cache. I can easily find the fetch object without agroing any zombies just by using the compass.

That's my feedback. Thanks!

Once you're onto Tier 2 quests the exact location is not shown. It is merely labelled as "Nearby", although the compas might still be a giveaway (and it still guides to the correct floor level).

I've got my own quest request... allow us to stack up nemerous quests, from numerous traders. Doing just one at a time, running back and forth all those miles to the trader gets really tedious.

make the size of the "do not leave" area bigger! Like... 50m bigger!

And once you go outside, give us a 5 second warning to go back before completely deleting the quest which I walked 3 km through the desert to reach, only for it to immediatly be deleted with no chance of finishing, because I took a step back!

Once you're onto Tier 2 quests the exact location is not shown. It is merely labelled as "Nearby"

For the hidden cache quest that is correct, but that is not correct for the fetch quest. I just did a Tier IV Fetch Quest and can confirm it's working the way I stated.

Once you're onto Tier 2 quests the exact location is not shown. It is merely labelled as "Nearby", although the compas might still be a giveaway (and it still guides to the correct floor level).

I've got my own quest request... allow us to stack up nemerous quests, from numerous traders. Doing just one at a time, running back and forth all those miles to the trader gets really tedious.

I definitely agree on that, I usually ask for another quest right away when I get the reward for the one I just finished but it still would be nice to take multiple and be able to select and deselect quests in your inventory or something like that.

EDIT

I just did a tier 2 clear zombies quest and it had maybe 4 or 5 ferals, a couple hawaiian shirt guys and 1 or 2 soldiers so it went alright, and I was level 53 or so at the time with a gamestage of around 90. The very next day I decided to do another tier 2 clear zombies quest which happened to be in the snow so a couple lumberjacks walked in during all of the chaos that ensued. That quest had around 5 cops, 4 or 5 feral cops, 3 or 4 normal ferals, and a big radiated zombie, along with all the normal zombies, and I only cleared half of the house. I really don't understand the insane jump in difficulty between that and the first quest because even with armor, healing items, a great machete and magnum and all of that I clearly stood no chance in an enclosed space like that house. I enjoy the quests but there definitely is some balancing to do with them.

Posted on another thread:

I'm glad they've added into game but they're a bit bland atm. Some ideas to mix it up:

- Buried supplies isn't really interesting, maybe we're stealing someone's supplies and it's full of traps we have to work through, think Indiana Jones

- Clear zombies and fetch quests almost feels the same to me. Maybe Clear Zombies is a quest where the trader is testing new weapons and gives us a fixed set of supplies to clear a poi/area (we can't use our own items). For example:

clear quest #1, heavy armor, knuckle duster, 3 FA bandages, 3 molotovs,

#2, NVG (fixed), slienced pistol, hunting knife, 1 medkit

#3, 1 shotgun turret, generator, 2 blade traps, 5 land mines,

good thing about this is letting us try different weapons and setups that we might not usually use, it's also a good challenge to make us play different.

- maybe fetch quests could be a timed thing just to change the pace of things,

Hoping quests will be further expanded, maybe some longer chained story quests too. Sometimes I get a bit bored from mining resources and killing zombies.

• 6 months later...
I definitely agree on that, I usually ask for another quest right away when I get the reward for the one I just finished but it still would be nice to take multiple and be able to select and deselect quests in your inventory or something like that.

EDIT

I just did a tier 2 clear zombies quest and it had maybe 4 or 5 ferals, a couple hawaiian shirt guys and 1 or 2 soldiers so it went alright, and I was level 53 or so at the time with a gamestage of around 90. The very next day I decided to do another tier 2 clear zombies quest which happened to be in the snow so a couple lumberjacks walked in during all of the chaos that ensued. That quest had around 5 cops, 4 or 5 feral cops, 3 or 4 normal ferals, and a big radiated zombie, along with all the normal zombies, and I only cleared half of the house. I really don't understand the insane jump in difficulty between that and the first quest because even with armor, healing items, a great machete and magnum and all of that I clearly stood no chance in an enclosed space like that house. I enjoy the quests but there definitely is some balancing to do with them.

It’s the pace at which you’re leveling up. Slow down and it will not be so insane. I do Tier 2 quests that still have all normal zombies or maybe one feral. If you like to level quickly it comes with a price.

It’s the pace at which you’re leveling up. Slow down and it will not be so insane. I do Tier 2 quests that still have all normal zombies or maybe one feral. If you like to level quickly it comes with a price.

The post you responded to is from the beginning of december 2018. At this point in time Alpha 17 was still the experimental version. There was a bug in the game where the radioactive and feral zombies appeared much too early in the game. This was fixed with the Alpha 17.2 version.

Archived