Do you use electricity?

Sjustus548

I remember my last couple of playthroughs in A16 I rushed to get electricity, not for turrets but mainly for lights, blade traps, and electric fences. I realized that in my last two playthroughs in A17 getting electricity has never crossed my mind. I haven't seen any need in getting it and I can't really see a reason to use it anymore. What used to be one of my favorite aspects of the game has now turned into something I never mess with anymore. Do you use electricity anymore and if so what do you use it for these days?

If you set up your perimeter right, you can whittle down enemies and not kill them. Six electric fences zig-zagged across a hallway usually isn't enough to kill, but will definitely inflict some damage and give a warning that something's coming.

Lethal defenses should be reserved for last-line defenses, such as dart and blade traps. If all you have are spikes and barbed wire, well, it's better to have control of a horde than xp.

I remember my last couple of playthroughs in A16 I rushed to get electricity, not for turrets but mainly for lights, blade traps, and electric fences. I realized that in my last two playthroughs in A17 getting electricity has never crossed my mind. I haven't seen any need in getting it and I can't really see a reason to use it anymore.

Why?

Steel ammo is actually weaker, at least 9mm. I noticed it yesterday. Its description even says that it wears the weapon down faster.

It'll wear the weapon down faster but thats a non issue because repair kits are not hard to make... The ammo is just as good as normal ammo.

It'll wear the weapon down faster but thats a non issue because repair kits are not hard to make... The ammo is just as good as normal ammo.

I know that the steel ammo will wear a weapon down faster but does it cause damage to turrets or is that extra wear and tear negated? Not sure if turrets take damage now from firing or if it's still just from taking hits.

Wear and weak are not the same fyi.

It does both, steel ammo hits for about 5% less damage, pistol for example is 25 with the brass casings for damage, while the steel ones are 24 damage and double degradation rate. You notice it more on the higher damage bullets more.

Base Magnum Bullet

<item name="ammo44MagnumBullet">

<property name="Extends" value="ammo9mmBullet"/>

<property name="EconomicValue" value="19"/>

<effect_group name="Base Effects" tiered="false">

<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_set" value="80"/>

<passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="base_set" value="12"/>

</effect_group>

</item>

Steel version.

<item name="ammo44MagnumBulletSteel">

<property name="Extends" value="ammo44MagnumBullet"/>

<property name="CustomIcon" value="ammo44MagnumBullet"/><property name="CustomIconTint" value="a0a0ff"/>

<property name="DisplayType" value="ammoBulletSteel"/>

<property name="Material" value="Msteel"/>

<property name="EconomicValue" value="14"/>

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="ammoSteelCasedGroupDesc"/>

<effect_group name="Base Effects" tiered="false">

<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_set" value="76"/>

<passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="base_set" value="10"/>

<passive_effect name="DegradationPerUse" operation="perc_add" value="1"/>

</effect_group>

</item>

The steel bullets are there solely in the case you gun out of brass, the only diff is the casing is made with iron insted of brass.

Archived