A17 experimental - What the hell, is with this difficulty?

postalcrazy616

...the only thing you can really pray for is that you get lucky as hell...

Welcome to the Zompocalypse? Honestly, I think that would be true if this was real: pray that you are lucky. After all, "the best-laid plans of mice and men..."

There always has been a 1/50 chance that your twice daily wandering horde will be 6 to 12 dogs. This was also in A16 etc.

And to be honest, kind of a cheap "got you" death that shouldn't be. Maybe sound of thunder like when about to receive the 7 day horde so you can at least know something is wrong.

Other thing is, zombies and dogs in this game have stealth. No sound whatsoever, 0.

Maybe they have the sneaking perk in their skill tree maxed? /s

I get the impression that building with anything less than reinforced concrete is a noob trap. You're a lot better off just camping on the roof of a POI for the night. Sad really because base building used to be the most fun part of 7D2D - if I wanted to loot dungeons I'd just play Fallout 4.

Yeah, it´s really sad that building your own base is beeing kinda punished. POI´s seem easy to defend. I had no problems with the old remove stairs or anything that leads to you, scatter some spikes and make sure you can hit them from above, strategy. Had only one horde so far tough, too many restarts. :p

They also don´t seem to realize how many people went on after day 40 (of whenever you had everything) just for building cool stuff.

Seems to be the game's difficulty has gone to the realms of damn insane. Day 2, wandering amongst the wilderness, picking up cotton and such, then. Out of nowhere comes a pack of 5 rabid dogs, with no way of fighting back, I get insta killed with no fair way of fighting them off, and I guess the game has a sick sense of humour and just doesn't want me to enjoy it anymore, so it beautifully disposes of my bed, so upon respawn, all my backpack items drop despawned, I get spawned into a random location due to the bed missing. At that point, Alt+F4 was the only solution.

=Seriously though, the difficult is just stupidly off in this "build". Day 2 rabid pack of dogs, and aswell as that I gave it another shot afterwards and even though running was turned off, a horde of 10 running military zombies on day 3, at that point I just hit uninstall and said "Yup, that's enough of that".

You just gave me a wonderful idea. I'm going to dispose of my bed so that when I die I'll be dropped in a random location. I've already modded out the death penalty but that will be a good replacement. As far as difficulty goes, it's about time.

While I get that dying is frustrating when you're not expecting it and more so when there is little you can do to fight back. I still feel though that many players are essentially complaining because they aren't safe. Which I'm sure I don't need to explain why that's silly in a survival zombie game.

It does take a bit of adjustment from A16. The idea that you really shouldn't be attacking every zombie, entering every building and being ok with running away is the opposite of how you could approach the previous version. I personally love the risk and fear that comes with this new build.

Also just so you are prepared for the shock, later roving hordes might just include a mix of zombears and dogs. I've also had screamers call up irradiated ferals. That particular instance was ironic. Having survived my 2nd horde night, I was feeling great. Repairing damage outside then hear the scream. Feral cops and irradiated spider chase me down and kill me. Really popped my bubble... I love moments like that.

I love the unpredictability of A17. Will a dog horde spawn on day 2? Maybe. Will a feral zombie burst out of that closet? Maybe. Will the floor collapse in the bedroom and spill you into a zombie infested cellar? Maybe.

A17 makes me afraid of this game again, and I haven't been afraid of this game for about 900+ hours.

I love the unpredictability of A17. Will a dog horde spawn on day 2? Maybe. Will a feral zombie burst out of that closet? Maybe. Will the floor collapse in the bedroom and spill you into a zombie infested cellar? Maybe.

A17 makes me afraid of this game again, and I haven't been afraid of this game for about 900+ hours.

Those early dog packs need to go. I can assure you, a lot of people who have interest in this game do not buy it due to such a cheap and stupid "challenges". At least the people i know. Especially as you can´t hear them until it´s too late most of the time.

Finally put early dogpacks for higher difficulty only. Can´t be that hard.

Those early dog packs need to go. I can assure you, a lot of people who have interest in this game do not buy it due to such a cheap and stupid "challenges". At least the people i know. Especially as you can´t hear them until it´s too late most of the time.

People have been complaining about the dogs and the dog hordes for half a dozen alphas now. I've always enjoyed the challenges they pose and I can count on the fingers of one hand how many times I've been killed by a dog or wolf. The key is to be aware of your surroundings and always have an escape plan.

How can you know about that if you don't buy the game?.Those hordes are awesome, really awesome.Learn to look around, don't just hit that tree for hours, without looking back... Also, learn to reduce your difficulty before complaining.Dogs are one hit in low difficulties .

It's dangerous. It's always dangerous. I have to pay attention and be careful. I can jump up on a rock and easily wipe a dog pack but all the ferals in houses and POIs, I'm cautious AF now.

There's a risk. I enjoy that and it has me back in the game and pitching it to friends. I had uninstalled it almost a year ago. I'm in favor of difficulty settings but how much challenge is fun isn't the same for everyone.

What annoys me about dogs, besides their erratic movement, their animations and their not so well timed sound cues combined with the fact that they travel in packs, is that they are a lot more threatening than normal zombies to the point that many people that I know of, call the early game "dog survival".

Archived