Lockpicking Modlet

KhaineGB

This wasn't a quick one. This took most of the night for me to get working. :)

This modlet adds a lockpick (using bone shiv model for now) to the game. It can be found (Nightstands, Medicine Cabinets, Kitchen Cabinets, Backpacks, Suitcases, Lockers, Filing Cabinets, Purses, Cash Registers) or crafted after purchasing level 2 of the Lockpicking perk. The lockpick is used by holding the right mouse button while hovering over a safe or door.

The perk reduces the amount of noise you make while lockpicking. Haven't found a way to increase speed yet, but I will continue to look into it. Lockpicks only work on NON-PLAYER CRAFTED doors (house doors and the blue commercial doors) and the 5 safes in the game. The lockpick is consumed on use, as that's currently the only way I can do it.

Download the zip file and unzip the KHLockpicks folder into your 7 Days to Die\Mods folder.

That's it! Have fun. :)

This wasn't a quick one. This took most of the night for me to get working. :)

This modlet adds a lockpick (using bone shiv model for now) to the game. It can be found (Nightstands, Medicine Cabinets, Kitchen Cabinets, Backpacks, Suitcases, Lockers, Filing Cabinets, Purses, Cash Registers) or crafted after purchasing level 2 of the Lockpicking perk.

The perk reduces the amount of noise you make while lockpicking. Haven't found a way to increase speed yet, but I will continue to look into it. Lockpicks only work on NON-PLAYER CRAFTED doors (house doors and the blue commercial doors) and the 5 safes in the game. The lockpick is consumed on use, as that's currently the only way I can do it. Also, it doesn't stack because A17 apparently doesn't let us have items without durability that the player can actually use on Mouse1 or Mouse2 (wasn't an issue in A16).

Download the zip file and unzip the KHLockpicks folder into your 7 Days to Die\Mods folder.

That's it! Have fun. :)

Keep it up Khaine already using you mods on my server lol

Hello, i can see and learn perk lockpicking, also i can see and craft and loot lockpick everywhere, but when i select lockpick and want to try unlock something console pops up with red warnings Nullreferenceexception:Object reference not set to an instance of an object .. and i can only exit the game. Some thoughts? :)

Hello, i can see and learn perk lockpicking, also i can see and craft and loot lockpick everywhere, but when i select lockpick and want to try unlock something console pops up with red warnings Nullreferenceexception:Object reference not set to an instance of an object .. and i can only exit the game. Some thoughts? :)

If there is damage on door or safe it wont work. If it's a player made item it wont work and will result in nres in console

Alright, I'm gonna be very blunt here, so if I come across as harsh then it's not intentional.

If you're posting saying "I got NRE's" then I need the error. Telling me that doesn't help. I need to know exactly WHY it's giving an NRE, so you need to find your output_log. The problem with that is the game seems to like putting the output_log in different places depending on how you boot the game. For some people, it's in 7 Days to Die\7DaystoDie_Data and for others it's in %AppData%\LocalLow\The Fun Pimps\7 Days to Die.

I'll give it another test but it was working fine for me.

Been flying around navezgane for about 40 mins... tried lockpicks on about 6 different doors (reinforced and non-reinforced house doors and commercial doors), wall safe, desk safe and gun safe.

No NRE's on this end, they unlock and the safes provide loot. So I've no idea what the issue is.

I have also been getting the same NullReferenceException error when moving the cross hair over a wall safe in the default map while having a lock pick selected on my hot bar. This is probably way more info than you need but here is a copy of the log file where I attempted to use a lock pick three different times with the first error starting on line 604 of the log file (Filename: Line: 1352) and repeating until line 13373 when I managed to quit the the main menu and then started the file up once more and had the same error starting at line 13654 of the log file and repeating once again util line 20082 where I quit to the main menu and loaded the save file a third time and had the error starting again at line 21461 and repeating the same message until line 42015 when I finally gave up on trying to use the lock pick and dropped them from my inventory and went on about the game.

output_log__2018-11-25__13-45-01.zip

Ok, that's actually handy...

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at XUiC_HUDStatBar.SetupActiveItemEntry () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

So I'm gonna guess it's because I changed the method used for the lockpick so it's stackable.

Can you do me a favour and see if it still happens on a new save? It's been working fine for me on new saves so I'm wondering if it's keeping the old item data and that's the issue.

I sort-of see the problem.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at XUiC_HUDStatBar.SetupActiveItemEntry () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at XUiC_HUDStatBar.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Your log file says you're using a mod for the left HUD bars. I'm gonna have to see about getting that mod and trying it out with this one.

But I do know it's working fine with a 100% vanilla UI.

Archived