Lockpicking Modlet

KhaineGB

I searched my modlets and only one affect UI and it is HBB that hoarder modlet

EDIT: And when modlets loading in menu after i press F1 everything runs without error

EDIT2: Solved for me ! After trying without one or the other mod, found out that mod that caused problems was : TSBX_RangedHeadshot , dont know why but i´ll have rather lockpick than better headshots :D

I searched my modlets and only one affect UI and it is HBB that hoarder modlet

EDIT: And when modlets loading in menu after i press F1 everything runs without error

EDIT2: Solved for me ! After trying without one or the other mod, found out that mod that caused problems was : TSBX_RangedHeadshot , dont know why but i´ll have rather lockpick than better headshots :D

Okay, thank you very much for being a guinea pig and going through the modlets to see what causes the problem.

I'm gonna go download that one and compare code to see if there's any way I can make sure it works with that. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Here's an idea for folks having NRE issues.

Change the folder name of THIS mod. Right now it's KHLockpicks. Modlets load in alphabetical order.

What I'm thinking is, changing the name to ZKHLockpicks (so it's at the bottom of the load order) may help to alleviate some of the issues.

Here's an idea for folks having NRE issues.

Change the folder name of THIS mod. Right now it's KHLockpicks. Modlets load in alphabetical order.

What I'm thinking is, changing the name to ZKHLockpicks (so it's at the bottom of the load order) may help to alleviate some of the issues.

I'm having the NRE issue as well. My log shows a lot of this, not that different than the other two logs submitted:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at XUiC_HUDStatBar.SetupActiveItemEntry () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiC_HUDStatBar.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiController.Update (Single _dt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUi.OnUpdateDeltaTime (Single updateDeltaTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at XUiUpdater.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

I have the following mods:

SurvivalUK's Better Balance Mod (Link)

(AnsonThe)Toad's Biome Fix (Link)

S420-SimpleUI-LeftHUD (1.0) (Link)

PickUpWildPlants (from your other modlet)

One thing I can say is that when I use the mouse-scroll-wheel to switch to the Lockpicks, that's when I get the NREs

Oddly enough, I don't get NREs when I press the number for the inventory slot

(I have mine on slots 6/7/8 sometimes, and pressing 6/7/or 8 doesn't show the NREs)

Ok, doing testing. Things confirmed so far.

(Testing done with a TOTALLY clean game. Uninstalled on steam, went to steam DIR, deleted what was left, redownloaded... already did this last night so it was just there)

Lockpick mod + simpleUI = fine (including mouse wheel scroll from low numbers to high, and high numbers to low)

Pick up wild plants + log spikes also fine with the above...

Lockpicks + SimpleUI + Better Balance = fine...

Ended up passing out and not doing any more testing.

Then the new A17 build came out. So this mod is tested and working with the latest build + the backpack/log spike/wild plants modlets I did. I haven't tested it with anything else, but I'm still not getting any NRE's at this point.

Okay... the NRE is finally fixed! So the patch has been pushed to github and is now available to download. Fixes as follows.

1) NRE was caused by the "repair" action being on Action0... the left mouse button. As such, I have disabled this functionality so you can only use a lockpick with the RIGHT mouse button. Annoying... but it fixed the NRE. So I'll take it.

2) Lockpick wasn't tagged as.... a lockpick... so the perk didn't reduce noise. It is now tagged.

This wasn't a quick one. This took most of the night for me to get working. :)

This modlet adds a lockpick (using bone shiv model for now) to the game. It can be found (Nightstands, Medicine Cabinets, Kitchen Cabinets, Backpacks, Suitcases, Lockers, Filing Cabinets, Purses, Cash Registers) or crafted after purchasing level 2 of the Lockpicking perk.

The perk reduces the amount of noise you make while lockpicking. Haven't found a way to increase speed yet, but I will continue to look into it. Lockpicks only work on NON-PLAYER CRAFTED doors (house doors and the blue commercial doors) and the 5 safes in the game. The lockpick is consumed on use, as that's currently the only way I can do it. Also, it doesn't stack because A17 apparently doesn't let us have items without durability that the player can actually use on Mouse1 or Mouse2 (wasn't an issue in A16).

Download the zip file and unzip the KHLockpicks folder into your 7 Days to Die\Mods folder.

That's it! Have fun. :)

Have the icons for you http://mega.nz/#F!o4Z0TQxD!5uDxn_7gu0KKxJRUzzU88w?xsAgjQbS

think ya have typos, look into your github.

<configs>    <append xpath="/items">
       <!-- Adding the lockpick item -->
       <item name="toolLockpick">    
           <property name="CustomIcon" value="Lockpick" />
           <property name="Tags" value="knife,melee,light,tool,lockpick"/>
           <property name="DisplayType" value="adminRanged"/>
           <property name="HoldType" value="36"/>
           <property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Weapons/Melee/Knives/boneShivPrefab"/>
           <property name="Material" value="Mmetal"/>
           <property name="RepairTools" value="resourceScrapIron"/>
           <property name="Stacknumber" value="20"/>
           <property name="DegradationBreaksAfter" value="true"/>
           <property name="SoundJammed" value="weapon_jam"/>
           <property name="CrosshairUpAfterShot" value="true"/>
           <property name="CrosshairOnAim" value="true"/>
           [color=#ff0000]<!-- [/color]<property class="Action0">
               <property name="Class" value="Repair"/>
               <property name="Delay" value="1"/> 
               <property name="Repair_amount" value="100"/>
               <property name="Upgrade_hit_offset" value="0"/>
               <property name="Sound_start" value="repair_block"/>
               <property name="Allowed_upgrade_items" value="toolLockpick"/>
               <property name="UsePowerAttackAnimation" value="false"/>
           </property>[color=#ff0000] -->[/color]
           <property class="Action1"> 
               <property name="Class" value="Repair"/>
               <property name="Delay" value="1"/> 
               <property name="Repair_amount" value="100"/>
               <property name="Upgrade_hit_offset" value="0"/>
               <property name="Sound_start" value="repair_block"/>
               <property name="Allowed_upgrade_items" value="toolLockpick"/>
               <property name="UsePowerAttackAnimation" value="false"/>
           </property>
           <effect_group name="Base Effects" tiered="false">
               <passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="0"/>
               <passive_effect name="MaxRange" operation="base_set" value="200"/>
               <passive_effect name="DegradationMax" operation="base_set" value="6000"/>
               <passive_effect name="DegradationPerUse" operation="base_set" value="0"/>
           </effect_group>
           <property name="Group" value="Tools/Traps,Basics"/>
           <property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Construction Tools"/>
           <property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="craftSkillTools"/>
           <property name="RepairExpMultiplier" value="5.5"/>
       </item>[color=#ff0000]    -->[/color]
   </append>
</configs>

I changed a few things around for the mod, have it working 100%.

Changed item type to a Tier'd item so that it could have a range of durability amounts, allowed it to be used as a cheap cheap dagger that breaks fast and hits as hard as a thumbtack.

Cleaned up the item name, added localization fixes for it and using Jereth_Khan's appender batchfile to add the localization additions straight from the mod folder. (I ended up removing the lockpick icon - for mp servers its easier to keep mods server side only)

Hope you approve KHaineGB, and for anyone else interested please give this a try, it really is a great mod.

https://github.com/Sixxgunz/7d2d_Modlets/raw/master/Community%20Mods/KHLockpicks.rar

I changed a few things around for the mod, have it working 100%.

Changed item type to a Tier'd item so that it could have a range of durability amounts, allowed it to be used as a cheap cheap dagger that breaks fast and hits as hard as a thumbtack.

Cleaned up the item name, added localization fixes for it and using Jereth_Khan's appender batchfile to add the localization additions straight from the mod folder. (I ended up removing the lockpick icon - for mp servers its easier to keep mods server side only)

Hope you approve KHaineGB, and for anyone else interested please give this a try, it really is a great mod.

https://github.com/Sixxgunz/7d2d_Modlets/raw/master/Community%20Mods/KHLockpicks.rar

The Lockpick has a big delay, so it is not effective. It is more profitable to use a pickaxe.

If you want to keep door intact and close it behind you then the lockpick beats the pickaxe lol

There is no point anyway. A zombie will break the door with 2-3 hits. Much faster to break a pickaxe and put a wooden one. Increase the speed of hacking.

you have it flagged as light melee? attach flurry of blows to speed it up?

I'd need to check what that links into.

It's specifically the delay property that speeds it up. If flurry of blows affects that, then maybe. But I saw in some of the XML notes that delay can be affected by rounds per minute.

Hey man, its a great mod, but im having issues uploading it to my server. I cant figure out where im supposed to put it. So far i have the folder KHlockpicks copied into the steamcmd folder, steamcmd/Mods folder and steamcmd/7D2D folder. I am in no way any kind of wizard with this, do you have any idea where i should put it or how i might have messed it up? Thanks, hoping for a speedy reply :)

Archived