Mutated seeds/Super corn

SImas

Ive just noticed that tier 4 of the perk "Living off the land" unlocks something called mutated seeds and by looking up seed in crafting i noticed super corn seeds, does any one have any idea on how to get the corn or seeds themselves?

I'm wondering this as well. I unlocked the skill to make the mutated seeds but have absolutely no idea how to go about actually making them. Only recipe I can find in game is turning 5 Super Corn into a Super Corn seed. I've checked every crafting station and I'm starting to wonder if I need to find this "Super Corn" in the game somewhere and then can make my own. If that is the case then they definitely need to work on the description for the skill.

I'm wondering this as well. I unlocked the skill to make the mutated seeds but have absolutely no idea how to go about actually making them. Only recipe I can find in game is turning 5 Super Corn into a Super Corn seed. I've checked every crafting station and I'm starting to wonder if I need to find this "Super Corn" in the game somewhere and then can make my own. If that is the case then they definitely need to work on the description for the skill.

Indeed, i checked the item stats on another save with creative menu and it seems to be really good food, but i imagine its either unfinished content/found in some specific loot containers or needs some special perk for secret stash to be able to buy/find, maybe it even comes as a quest reward, i have no idea -_-

Super Corn gives 20 Max Stam and 20 Health, 0% poisoning. Can't be used for cooking. A pretty good top up food that doesn't need prep.

You can make them into seeds at lvl 4 farming. Seeing its a permanent planting and you'll get 4 back per harvest at that lvl its not bad but not great.

You'll find 13 of them growing in a specific POI. Its a nice POI to grind. Has a big sign out the front telling you whats in there. Go look.

The lvl 3 cooking food starts giving 50-80 health though, so growing the normal crops is still a must. At the lvl you can start doing super corn your taking on the big POI mobs, irradiated ferals etc, so the gating is too high for what you want to be using by then.

btw, underground farms still work like the old method, 1 block light shaft grows a 7x7 plot, 4 high air gap to grow corn. Nice pvp stealth farms.

Super Corn gives 20 Max Stam and 20 Health, 0% poisoning. Can't be used for cooking. A pretty good top up food that doesn't need prep.

You can make them into seeds at lvl 4 farming. Seeing its a permanent planting and you'll get 4 back per harvest at that lvl its not bad but not great.

You'll find 13 of them growing in a specific POI. Its a nice POI to grind. Has a big sign out the front telling you whats in there. Go look.

The lvl 3 cooking food starts giving 50-80 health though, so growing the normal crops is still a must. At the lvl you can start doing super corn your taking on the big POI mobs, irradiated ferals etc, so the gating is too high for what you want to be using by then.

btw, underground farms still work like the old method, 1 block light shaft grows a 7x7 plot, 4 high air gap to grow corn. Nice pvp stealth farms.

Thank you for the answer!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

20 health per corn is godly op for something you can spam farm.

I really don't like the concept of super food like this. Both this and the parkour perk feel like they are adding magic to the game.

So let me get this straight:

Genetically modified foods making them better at feeding people? Magic.

Extensive training letting you jump better than other people? Magic.

The dead coming back to life and trying to murder you? Kosher.

Seems legit.

Seems legit.

Hilarious, although parkour does kinda give me weird cheesy aftertaste (unlike corn), but ya, good one! lol

Seems legit.

Zombies exist in real life. They are largely limited to insects. Disease based human zombies are not impossible, we just haven't had it happen...yet.

And yeah, eating 5 ears of raw corn to shrug of a huge amount of injury is pretty magic to me. I have a similar critique for other foods, but raw corn really draws my ire. You can get better at jumping but literally no human is going to jump 3 meters unassisted and let's be honest broken bones immunity is actually straight magic.

Zombies exist in real life. They are largely limited to insects. Disease based human zombies are not impossible, we just haven't had it happen...yet.

Entirely different setting, and on an entirely different scale. Between exposure, predators, required nutritional intake, and everything else working against it, a long-lasting zombie apocalypse -- even being disease/parasite-based -- is impossible, if you're looking for a run-of-the-mill 'humans as stupid, flesh-eating zombies' outcome.

And yeah, eating 5 ears of raw corn to shrug of a huge amount of injury is pretty magic to me. I have a similar critique for other foods, but raw corn really draws my ire.

Not really any more magic than gulping a pain killer and instantly being fit as a fiddle, or applying a medkit and being fine 10 seconds later. Very few games are going to force you to stay home, immobile for weeks/months, because you took a chainsaw to the gut.

So if I recall correctly, food heals at a rate of 1HP/sec, meaning 50 seconds to heal 50 damage. So in the realm of 7DtD where a medkit takes 10 seconds to heal, food taking 5x as long seems about right, seeing as you still need to eat well along with medical attention to recover from serious wounds.

You can get better at jumping but literally no human is going to jump 3 meters unassisted and let's be honest broken bones immunity is actually straight magic.

Admittedly fair, but pretty much a technical limit due to being a voxel world. Even jumping 1 meter unassisted is a pretty questionable feat, but since it's the default size of blocks, it's either that or the inability to jump up anything. If anything, it'd just be better to assume you're climbing up nearby blocks or whatever. No arguments against bone breaking immunity, however.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

super corn

Ive just noticed that tier 4 of the perk "Living off the land" unlocks something called mutated seeds and by looking up seed in crafting i noticed super corn seeds, does any one have any idea on how to get the corn or seeds themselves?

Building/house. Bobs Boars/Carls Corn. Way down underground is a growing set up and some super corn plants. You have to have the perk to make the super corn seeds from the super corn. Seems like I got a handful or more from plants there. I marked it to see if they will respawn. forgot to note what day I looted it lol. I am set for respawn every 5 days. hope this helps.

Archived