[07/11] - Message from the Team - Progress update

Clare

Forum theory but thinking patch wont b til late Oct or Nov based on builder challenge thread. You can go read last couple of pages of it and it should click. Just a hopeful theory but if all else fails there is alays Dec as the fall back last option unless we get a delay post. After engine upgrade there is a 99% chance old saves will not work or load correctly. Think about it while reading builder challenge thread

Correction in case you did not know

Waiting waiting waiting....always waiting...........................best game ever no matter what.......................ty funpimps etc.............update update update

Hey Mr&Mrs7dtd

it is not fun pimps who makes the console version of this game. it is telltale publishing and galaxy who took over the console version. Fun pimps sold the rights to the console version and has no saying or control on what console devs does with the game. and if the console devs decides one day it is too much of a headache to support this game. they can abandon it all together and move on. it is taking a year to update this game. Compared to other games like conan where we get constant updates and dlc’s and we get regular updates from the devs on twitter and on twitch.

Console developers typically do not do this.

It would have been better to say nothing at all. Why do you have to be typical and like the other developers. You have also set a precedent of supplying information every one to three months. I do not find it unreasonable to expect what you have already been delivering.

Hey Mr&Mrs7dtd

it is not fun pimps who makes the console version of this game. it is telltale publishing and galaxy who took over the console version. Fun pimps sold the rights to the console version and has no saying or control on what console devs does with the game. and if the console devs decides one day it is too much of a headache to support this game. they can abandon it all together and move on. it is taking a year to update this game. Compared to other games like conan where we get constant updates and dlc’s and we get regular updates from the devs on twitter and on twitch.

Then go play Conan. If you think they are taking to long then move on.

Zzz I give up. Enjoy the new content everybody! I just don't give a toss anymore.

Yes you do or you wouldn't post this.

New content is exciting, no doubt. But this game is incredible even without it. I have yet to find a game that has all the aspects this one does. Sure there are games that similar but in the end there is at least one aspect or more missing.

Even with the crashes (xbox one player), even with the map resets, it's still one of my favorite games.

Not brown nosing or kissing @$$ just speaking the truth. At least for me. That being said, if anyone has played a game that has all the aspects this one does, please feel free to share.

Yes you do or you wouldn't post this.

New content is exciting, no doubt. But this game is incredible even without it. I have yet to find a game that has all the aspects this one does. Sure there are games that similar but in the end there is at least one aspect or more missing.

Even with the crashes (xbox one player), even with the map resets, it's still one of my favorite games.

Not brown nosing or kissing @$$ just speaking the truth. At least for me. That being said, if anyone has played a game that has all the aspects this one does, please feel free to share.

Minecraft? :-P

Please update not being rude

I love this game too much to see my base gone every other crash if you're gonna abandon the project don't leave it as a mistake a year for a update sooner or later sells will stop once a few gaming channels complain about the crash's**

I'll go on record to say I'm as disappointed in the lack of progress on the console versions as everyone else here. Playing 7 Days to Die on Steam is the way to go because it is The Fun Pimps chosen platform, and that guarantees regular updates and longevity. I own two PC copies in addition to the PS4 version, but unfortunately my old gaming PC can no longer handle the requirements of this game.

I do enjoy local splitscreen co-op on a HDTV better; however, realistically, at this rate I don't see the PS4 version of 7DtD getting out of Beta before the PlayStation 5 is likely to be released within the next two years. Then what? When all progress was not being lost, I could deal with 7 Days to Die being in Alpha. For the last year, I have been holding off on playing until this game becomes more stable, but who knows when that will be. I don't like to come across as negative, but I'm losing faith in the console versions. I hope I am wrong.

At this point, even I am starting to get annoyed. I realize it takes time to update the game engine, which is fine, but seriously. It's been almost a year since they announced the engine update. Are they writing the engine from scratch themselves? It shouldn't take this long to update the Unity engine, unless the current format/code is vastly different from what they are updating it to. Different two the point that the updated engine is completely rewritten or something.

Until the update drops i'm just gonna be checking in from time to time. But here's a thought I wanna leave. Given the delays and lack of info provided, if this update ever does drop(which seems questionable at the moment) the new engine and content better be amazing. If not it's gonna leave a lot of people thinking "We waited a year for this s**t, what the hell?" Leaving a very bad taste, even for fans of the game who support it and suggest people buy it.

Im still holding on to the faith that it'll be worth the wait. From the posts clare put out from the devs regarding this new upgrade, it sounds like we are basically gonna be at A15 & most of A16....minus electricity maybe??

From the videos ive watched on A15 & A16, i gotta say, im excited we will have a good bit of that if not most on consoles. Im getting impatient as well.....but still holding on to the belief that it'll be worth it!!

From the update side on PC they had to rewrite the game basically so the console team probably has had to rewrite the ports. On top of that and not saying they are because I have no clue but on the PC side they have found ways to improve performance so maybe they are getting some of that because it might help performance for console. That is just a maybe but either way I'm pretty certain on the first part and then I'm sure they will go in and at least go over all the known bugs that been reported to make sure they didn't pop back up and fix any news one they might run into that stick out. Also we have no clue when they actually started working on it. They announced later this year doesn't mean they started working on it right then. Maybe they did but who knows but I'm sure that because they only port the game and not create it that they have other projects as well so it is possible they haven't been working on this for a year.

I can only guess because they don't pass this kind of information to clare to give to us but I keep those things in mind to help my view of it.

I guess I just don't understand the fuss here. I own both the ps4 and pc version of this game. The console version is a complete game, and any updates are bonus. But I get the feel many think they are entitled to receive more. The game could have been left as it was at console release with no new updates at all. I would consider us all lucky to have a game that gives updates and content for free instead of packing them into a dlc and making us pay.

Unreasonable Entitlement? No.

I guess I just don't understand the fuss here. I own both the ps4 and pc version of this game. The console version is a complete game, and any updates are bonus. But I get the feel many think they are entitled to receive more. The game could have been left as it was at console release with no new updates at all. I would consider us all lucky to have a game that gives updates and content for free instead of packing them into a dlc and making us pay.

I used to make the very same argument you just made, but you know what I realized? I realized that argument treats people like they are just expecting new content without any reason to. Which isn't true. They have repeatedly stated their intent is to create as much parity between the PC and Console versions as they can. Meaning, at some point the console will reach a limit that the PC doesn't have, but they will continue to add content until they no longer can. However, thus far they have not stated they have reached that limit for consoles yet.

So are we to treat their declaration of parity between the games as a lie, or do we take them at their word? Bear in mind, I'm not saying they lied. I'm saying that the argument of "we're lucky to get any new content at all, so stop acting entitled" is an argument that makes little sense when you compare it to statements about an intent to bring the PC and console versions as close to each other as possible. So, until they finally come out and state that the console has reached it's limit on content and that no new content can be added to consoles, people will continue to expect more content.

Yes, they could just say "OK, we're done" and stop working on the console version after this next update. And if they did I probably wouldn't have an issue with it. It has to be frustrating to keep hearing complaints, assuming Clare shares how many complaints there actually are. Which I doubt she is doing, not in detail anyway. She seems to be an intelligent woman, so I can't see her doing that. I have no doubt she informs them about player frustrations, but I doubt she's doing it as often as we actually complain. If she did the console team would probably become quite annoyed with her. Never mind talking about how little sleep she'd get, or how little of a personal life she would have if she was doing that. lol

As a PS 4 player I don't get any md5 rubbish and the only thing I would like is the lightingvto be either reverted back to day 1 or to be the same as PC.

I've had a total of one MD5 reset. and all it reset was a door to one of those large underground bases with the well entrances. Other than that, I've never had an MD 5 error. I have gotten a random bug where I can't place a block or anything, even if I could previously. But that's only happened 3 or 4 times over all.

Crashes and delayed updates

Hi everyone,

Please see below for the latest Message from the Team regarding Patch 14 and the Unity 2017 upgrade!

Clare

---------------

Hi everyone,

We wanted to give you an update on how things are progressing with the upgrade to Unity 2017. We are still on track and currently working on ensuring the menus are behaving as they should with the new upgrade. After that we'll be moving onto getting the core single player game working on the new engine having already gotten a first bootable build with functional front-end UI.

We're eager to tackle the more persistent bugs in the game once the upgrade is complete, and excited to start to add some of the new features from A15 and A16 including new map locations for you to explore.

Thank you all once again for your continuing patience and support. We'll be in touch again soon with more details on the progress of the upgrade and Patch 14.

Until then, happy surviving!

The 7DTD Console Team

-------------

What would be a fantastic thing is to fix the crashes that result in the bleeping deletion of half your base... Just saying I'd forego new content just to have a playable game where I don't lose my stuff in single player

What would be a fantastic thing is to fix the crashes that result in the bleeping deletion of half your base... Just saying I'd forego new content just to have a playable game where I don't lose my stuff in single player

Not everyone has this problem. Hardly anyone on ps4 has this issue. So for some we want content. But either way you have a team that works on bugs and a team that works on content/porting things. So nothing is holding them back by adding more stuff. Also considering how many issues causes this to happen and how the xbox is built doesn't help the bug team on this matter much. But hopefully this update will change all this for the xbox side and things better and smoother then it is now.

Not everyone has this problem. Hardly anyone on ps4 has this issue. So for some we want content. But either way you have a team that works on bugs and a team that works on content/porting things. So nothing is holding them back by adding more stuff. Also considering how many issues causes this to happen and how the xbox is built doesn't help the bug team on this matter much. But hopefully this update will change all this for the xbox side and things better and smoother then it is now.

I can say this as an Xbox player who is currently building a PC, I will not be purchasing PC7 Days due to the Xbox base resets. The game is just fine with its current content. It NEEDS fixes. We WANT content. Big difference.

Archived