Zombies no longer a threat.... sigh

jerseyetr

I have been running a Server for 3 years.. my buddies and I were just talking today and realized... On horde nights back in A12 we remember going through 5k rounds of ammo and having to ramp up production like a Sweat Shop.

Now we barely go through 500 rounds.

Our base, we pretty much never ever have to worry about and all we have in place of defense is a wall. Just a simple wall with concrete blocks. The 40 zombies then 1 after another after another slowly is boring as all hell.

The vast emptiness in cities is boring as hell. Cities used to be a challenge. Now they are a joke. Sleepers.. Woo hoo. Won't be able to predict where a zombie might be, oh wait right there because they are ALWAYS in that spot. *Yawn*

I understand where the direction of spawns is going with the Gamestage and all, but come on.

We are bored over here. Building is fun, looting is fun, but we came to kill zombies. Where they at though?

Since you're running the server......

Step 1: Configure bloodmoon count to 64.

Step 2. Set the game to a difficulty of 4 or higher.

Step 3: Set the max spawned zombies so something like 350 or 450. Depends on your hardware and the number of players. With 4-6 players and real server hardware, you can run 450. If you have 8 players, maybe 400. If you have more than 8 players, there is no support for you.

Step 5: Use this gamestages file.

Enjoy.

So let me get this straight.

You've been waiting over a year to post this, and you waited until right before a17 is released with known huge changes to gameplay and zombie AI, and you expect someone to take you seriously?

Are you dim?

Give it a week or so and let us know after you've tried a17.

Edit - Heh. Got ninja'ed by SylenThunder. I would imagine you need some pretty cool hardware to pull that off.

So let me get this straight.

You've been waiting over a year to post this, and you waited until right before a17 is released with known huge changes to gameplay and zombie AI, and you expect someone to take you seriously?

Are you dim?

Give it a week or so and let us know after you've tried a17.

Edit - Heh. Got ninja'ed by SylenThunder. I would imagine you need some pretty cool hardware to pull that off.

Okay, now let me set you straight.

I didnt play ANY Alpha 16 until 2 weeks ago. My home and PC were destroyed in Hurricane Irma so i took an almost year break.

So yes I totally sat here patiently over the past year waiting to post this RIGHT before A17 launched.

Also, they are changing AI not spawning... two totally different things.

AI is how the Zombies act not how they spawn.

And beleieve me i watched plenty of the update videos and saw NOTHING mentioned abiit spawns being updated or changed in any way.

Also, yeah people will take me seriously just because you dont doesnt mean nobody else will. Chill with the little attitude please. No shade needs to be thrown on the forums.

Since you're running the server......

Step 1: Configure bloodmoon count to 64.

Step 2. Set the game to a difficulty of 4 or higher.

Step 3: Set the max spawned zombies so something like 350 or 450. Depends on your hardware and the number of players. With 4-6 players and real server hardware, you can run 450. If you have 8 players, maybe 400. If you have more than 8 players, there is no support for you.

Step 5: Use this gamestages file.

Enjoy.

Ill try to set max higher than the already 150.. but still that doesnt seem to help much as if the limit is already at 150 and it mever reaches anywhere near it, why would raising it make more spawn?

Blood moon count Ive already edited as my group got wayyy too bored too quick. No more initial horde than 1 “sent to harass the player until daytime”

Thats legit what it says in code. Like really? Thats supposed to be fun? One harrassing you over and over? Jeez not even a challenege lol

Ill try to set max higher than the already 150.. but still that doesnt seem to help much as if the limit is already at 150 and it mever reaches anywhere near it, why would raising it make more spawn?

Blood moon count Ive already edited as my group got wayyy too bored too quick. No more initial horde than 1 “sent to harass the player until daytime”

Thats legit what it says in code. Like really? Thats supposed to be fun? One harrassing you over and over? Jeez not even a challenege lol

Well, if you have the max at 150, and have more than 3 people log in with hordes set to 64 with a decent gamestage, and the modifies xml, you will hit that cap pretty quickly.

If you figure 8 people max, with 64 per horde, that's 512. Truly though, 450 is just about the max the client can handle with the current RAM limitations of Unity. Also, you have to account for additional zed overhead. as there will still be the other Z's roaming around on the server when the horde starts. Plus killing the hordes of that size will generate a lot of heat, and you will get additional screamer hordes on top of the bloodmoon spawns. :)

Man, I feel like missed the party. I got in on 16.4. I would have LOVED to have seen cities and areas a threat beyond a random horde. Like on day 12, taking a stroll down the street and only see 2 zombies.

Open your STEAM library, right click on 7 Days to Die, click Properties. On the UPDATES tab, disable updates and then go to the BETAS tab and select the version you want to try in the pull-down. You can play stable versions back to 8.8

All this talk about upping the zombie count max... In MP, _everyone_ in the group needs a monster PC to be able to play with very high max count zombies. My last server had the max per user set to 6 and there were a couple people who just could not participate in horde nights as they got <5 FPS.

So until TFP fix performance, sadly the game will stay easy in MP.

Open your STEAM library, right click on 7 Days to Die, click Properties. On the UPDATES tab, disable updates and then go to the BETAS tab and select the version you want to try in the pull-down. You can play stable versions back to 8.8

Thanx, I'll try that tonight

I just want to say that better AI can be tougher with less spawns than poor AI with more spawns. I'm not sure if anything will be changing as far as spawn numbers for A17 but hopefully the challenge will be higher (at least until you adapt).

Also this mod fixes the 3rd wave trickle of just one zombie harrassing you until morning.

then roland u clearly never had 8 ferals on day 2 in the hub city with a wood club and bow :p

Yeh...they made a pretty sight running around in circles...

I’d much rather pit my wood club and bow against eight A16 ferals before I would three A17 ferals. The first is even odds they’ll glitch out or get stuck letting me get away while the second is almost certain death.

Just saying.

roland you know as well as we do TFP screwed up zombie spawns massively a15 was 100 times harder than a16 is and doubt a17 will be much better bring back a15 HUB cities they rocked

I remember in A15 on horde nights on a server 5/6 people just went out and looted because only 1 person got horde that was meant for 6 people. THAT is why it was hard.

Are we talking about horde night or zombie spawns?

I don't miss horde nights where only one person gets a horde. I do agree it could be better but as the link on the other page shows you can change it and make it better. But default could use some work maybe it will be better in A17 if not then again follow instructions in the link and make it better.

I don't miss hub city as it self and personally hope they don't bring them back but I do miss all the zombies walking around in the streets and such like A15.

• 3 weeks later...
Are we talking about horde night or zombie spawns?

I don't miss horde nights where only one person gets a horde. I do agree it could be better but as the link on the other page shows you can change it and make it better. But default could use some work maybe it will be better in A17 if not then again follow instructions in the link and make it better.

I don't miss hub city as it self and personally hope they don't bring them back but I do miss all the zombies walking around in the streets and such like A15.

Yeah the A15 hub was fun with the wandering zombies everywhere. Felt more immersive than the sleepers imo.

Archived