Art Gallery (by Top Minder and Pille)

Pille

This is Amazing! Really great work! If you dont mind me asking, how did you guys create everything in the "Blue" room. It looks like its made from snow, but I have no clue how you did it. Thanks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27737[/ATTACH]

Ah the ice room. All blocks have a property attached which is called block density. It's used the make the landscape look smooth and clean. If you manipulate the density in a certain way you can change the shape of the ice blocks allowing you to form those strange patterns. Without third-party tool it is not possible to edit block densities directly, which makes it extremely difficult to create such ice sculptures using the ingame editor. Briefly worded, you need my editor to build this kind of fancy stuff.^^

Dude. I totally missed this prefab. That's really awesome you guys!

Wow!! This looks phenomenal! Holy crap haha.

Ty guys. Building it was a lot of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

An idea you might want to consider. If you placed unique blocks in locations where a piece of art would be displayed, then a modlet could do a replace of those blocks with any custom art the modder would want. So if the gallery was built (for example) using customblock01 through customblock10, with say 01-05 being picture frame types placed on the walls, and 06-10 being freestanding sculpture/blocks. Then a simple modlet could do an xpath replace of those blocks and change the exhibit as often as desired.

Yes I guess we can implement your idea once the prefab is finished. Not sure if anybody is going to bother to replace all those blocks with custom artworks though.^^

Don't bother then, it was just an idea. Folks seemed to like when we did that kind of dynamic replace in the WinterProject, adding seasonal items to the worlds POIs. If Custom POIs provided specific target blocks when built it would allow those POIs to be dynamically changed in the future using custom blocks. Dynamically replacing vanilla blocks works, but effects ALL pois in the same manner. So what I'm suggesting, using your Museum POI, is a method to add target block locations that I would hope POI builders in general would explore.

You prefab only guys are missing out; custom blocks are supported in vanilla, so it's just a matter of time before prefabs use them anyway... Would be great to get an early start.

I know the prefabs I'm making use custom blocks, and they MADE the medieval mod possible.

Y'all are behind the times. :)

You prefab only guys are missing out; custom blocks are supported in vanilla, so it's just a matter of time before prefabs use them anyway... Would be great to get an early start.

I know the prefabs I'm making use custom blocks, and they MADE the medieval mod possible.

Y'all are behind the times. :)

Just WOW!

Your new project is really over the top. This giant gallery hoefully gives you enough space to build all your amazing ideas :D

Haha, I think the other way around. Hopefully, we have enough good ideas to fill this thing. :D

Weekly update

Roof Garden:

mwzIxMP.jpg

Heli Port:

ZizslRo.jpg

Fountain:

iicNdeC.jpg

Archived