NeebsGaming Voice Acting in 7 Days To Die

AiRJacobs

Voice acting is an element to game design that I believe draws the line between a cheap feeling indie game and a starter-level AAA title. So far, I have been impressed with the VO work already done in 7 Days To Die and can't wait to see where it goes. As I was thinking about the possibilities, I noticed a new episode of my favorite 7 Days To Die series was out. At some point upon watching it, my brain sparked and idea: what if the Fun Pimps got the Neebs Gaming crew to do a few lines of voice over work in the 7 Days To Die?

If by chance you are unfamiliar with them, they are a small crew of animators, voice actors, and gamers that have been on YouTube for quite a while. They have been known to do voice over work in some of the games they play, from Battlefield 4 to Subnautica. Recently, they have created a cinematic series on 7 Days To Die, which among the numerous let's plays of this game I have seen since alpha 6, is without a doubt the best. At this point, it would be foolish to not at least reach out to them with a proposition to do a few VO lines for the game. I can almost guarantee they would do it. It could be for a radio call, easter egg, NPC,... I would like to hear what you guys think of this idea.

You can watch the series here:

I discovered Neebs a while back and me and the wife love watching it now it's like our favourite web series at the moment.

They are an amazing crew. I would love to see Appsro voice a trader. Or, he could be part of a search and rescue radio call in the event of an end-game scenario.

Yeah, no.

Voice acting is a respectable profession. You can't just take random lets players from youtube.

Taking someone from the community to record some lines was a mistake in other games (see DotA2, Starcraft2), it will be a mistake here.

Sorry for being maximum triggered, but this is a subject I am extremely passionate about.

Yeah, no.

Voice acting is a respectable profession. You can't just take random lets players from youtube.

Taking someone from the community to record some lines was a mistake in other games (see DotA2, Starcraft2), it will be a mistake here.

Sorry for being maximum triggered, but this is a subject I am extremely passionate about.

Just because someone is on YT doesn't exclude them from being an inherently good (and professional) voice actor.

OP seemed to imply that they have at least one or two professional VAs, though I'm not familiar with them enough to say myself.

Yeah, no.

I am sure voice actors don't just spring up from the ground. They must of had a first gig. Why couldn't this be Neebs. Or his second if you included the work he did in Subnautica.

Yeah, no.

Obviously you've never heard them. They really are top-notch and really rival the "pros".

I was watching them the other day and thought, it'd be cool if the in game talk had all these cool features.

Voice is louder the closer you are, the voice has echo based on location, you'd have to get walkie-talkies to speak over distance etc.

(i have not played multiplayer in a while so i don't know how exactly does work ATM)

Yeah, no.

Thats the thing, neebs gaming crew isnt just a bunch of random lets players. All of the crew has a background in some kind of technical skill that led them to be one of the best youtubing crews for lets plays there is. Anywhere from acting to animation.

I think it wold be awesome!

Yeah, no.

I understand where you are coming from, however I wouldn't have suggested anyone unless I was 100% sure of their abilities. The Neebs Gaming crew(or previously, Hank & Jed Productions), are known professional voice actors, writers, and animators, with backgrounds in fields that have developed their skills. They are extremely talented in their field and it has shown. Here is a short list of a few things they have done:

Animated Web Series (voiced, scripted, and animated):

Doraleous & Associates (50 Episodes)

Battlefield Friends (6 seasons)

Mod Squad (2 seasons)

Full-length motion pictures (voiced, scripted, and animated):

Toonstone

Games (voiced):

Battlefield 4 (singleplayer character dialogue, easter eggs, multiplayer call outs)

Battlefield Hardline (easter eggs)

Subnautica (voice log)

These are only scratching the surface of what they have accomplished. The "let's play" part of there career is something they have done on the side for fun, but has recently evolved into larger scale production in the form of "cinematic series". 7 Days To Die is one of many more recent projects. Again, these guys are not just some "random lets players from youtube", they are professionals.

Yeah, no.

You obviously aren't that passionate if you simply disregard someone as a voice actor just because they make youtube videos. Those boys have talent, ability... Many of them went to school, Adahop himself (the one who edits the youtube videos) was trained with some of the best in the video editing industry (I know this because we've talked multiple occasions, i've learned quite a bit from him)

So next time you get maximum triggered, at least don't be ignorant. These boys could animate, act, voice act, sing, edit circles around [anyone] in the industry. Don't hate on them for being independant and successful, not everyone needs to suck on the teet of hollywood to make it anymore.

with quest overhaul and quest givers/objectives this would be amazing.

"dig simon out of a hole" (but you know, not named simon easter eggy)

"wildlife event" bunch of guys cornered by bears or pigs shouting insults, trader style.

etc

Well... Truth be told... I love Meg Ryan... Opps - probably too expensive <G> Then there's Jaclyn Smith, Winona Ryder, Melissa Joan Hart, Michelle Rodriguez, Emma Watson... OH! Mila Kunis was in "The Book of Eli" a great show!! Lets get her! :)~~~

Well... Truth be told... I love Meg Ryan... Opps - probably too expensive <G> Then there's Jaclyn Smith, Winona Ryder, Melissa Joan Hart, Michelle Rodriguez, Emma Watson... OH! Mila Kunis was in "The Book of Eli" a great show!! Lets get her! :)~~~

None of which are as good as Neebs.

• 2 months later...

I think that's a freaking brilliant idea and 7 Days to Die would be lucky to have them! Roland was the one to introduce Neebs Gaming to me and now they are by far my/our favourite channel. I hope The Fun Pimps see this thread.

Appsro - Salty trader or bandit questline

Neebs - Friendly quest giver or leader of a group of survivors

Doraleous - Cowboy or bandit quester

Simon - Travelling trader (usually gives a bum deal)

Thick - Got Thicked quest ;)

I just watched the first episode.

These guys are really entertaining.

I think they'd do a great job voice acting for 7DTD.

Never mind that Perma-Triggered person.

The fact that they have ONE post and they used it to complain about people they don't know...

...that kinda says everything you need to know about whether they're worth paying attention to.

~Lucky

Working-Castle-Tribute-to-A16-Plus-bonus-tips-video

Archived