I love this game!!!

skolano

I am playing in all MODS, I have many ideas, 7 day to die unfortunately does not focus on survival, I know I should have many posts on this subject, plus which MOD truly focuses on survival where food is rare, animals are scarce, water can not be collected because it is salty and would need a machine to make it drinkable, I see several wonderful MODS but it does not create an apocalyptic environment. Whoever has watched Eli's Book here, a MOD focused on this movie, where everything is rare, water, food, animals ... would be a perfect MOD. Majority of the MOD you have stocks of food and abudante water, the right would be something very difficult to achieve and with it creates a currency of exchange, creating a hostile environment. I know I do not help this community with anything and for this reason I can not complain, the forum is wonderful, with many MODs and good ideas, but there is a MOD that makes me pass with this feeling that every action can be my last, for please tell me the name, I really want to play and do every day in 7 day to die as the last, something that makes me sigh in every action and confrontation with zombie. Sorry for the English, I use the translator, but the important thing is even with the differences being able to say that I LOVE this game!

Basically I played almost all,

Ravenhearst

Clockwork Orange

Valmod

True Survival

ComSenMod

CNS

Gnamod - Base

Gnamod - Horde

Gnamod - Nomad Mode

StarvationMod

Tin

Undead Legacy

CBMod

DarkNess Falls

FennecMod

All are wonderful, I have no words to describe each mod, all with their positive and negative points, always make me excited.

But what I'm really looking for is a MOD that maybe does not exist or even does not know ...

Where survival is very and very HARD CORE. Food and water are very scary, so water can not be collected anywhere, having salt water or even waiting for rain, animals very difficult to find, zombie tracking when it makes noise or has light, something that makes me very afraid to do certain actions that make me reach the limit of survival, maybe be very demanding, forgive me but still think that 7day to die has much more to offer than playing a wimpy.

If you have a mod that makes me arrive at the end of the limit and say, because I already worried about all this forum and again sorry for my English !!

hi....maybe something like a single playermod....^^hardcore as u said....and u have to travell to some waypoints in a limit time. So u have to choose....do i hunt for food/water or do i try to visit a gunstore...just for exmaple ....

and my thoughts on ur wellknown issue

Well, CNS might not have scarce water, but finding food can become very hard as farming is a lost art, and zeds kill animals on sight. Zeds will hunt you down at the slightest noise, and pathing is improved so they will find you 5 flights up stairs. It could be adjusted to be almost impossibly hard, but we didn't want 100% of the players rage quitting on day 1. But watching streamer, there is a lot of dying going on, so give it a try.

Well, CNS might not have scarce water, but finding food can become very hard as farming is a lost art, and zeds kill animals on sight. Zeds will hunt you down at the slightest noise, and pathing is improved so they will find you 5 flights up stairs. It could be adjusted to be almost impossibly hard, but we didn't want 100% of the players rage quitting on day 1. But watching streamer, there is a lot of dying going on, so give it a try.

......just some funny interrupt......in reavenhearst it is twisted: u can see op cows or pigs killng zeds :D

Example: Currently a water, after purifying the water at the fire it gives +20 seat and +20 stamina, it can change to +5 seat and +10 stamina, Creating a new type of glass with water.

Example: To make a filter with charcoal and area, this way it generates a water + 20 thirst and +20 resistance and takes twice the time to be ready, we can improve it by editing the parts we already have and creating more difficulties. other types of drinks would reduce benefits.

Bucket with water no longer to be used, thus causing people to have to run after water.

In food, the same mechanics, roast meat and other types would make you less hungry and create new types of food, making meat with vegetables, making you plant and live the field as well.

On the zombies, is there any way to increase perceptual frames?

Example: hitting the tree makes 15 to 20 frames of noise, zombies that are in this perimeter will follow the noise, hit the stone generates 15 to 30 frames of noise, a coupled torch generates 5 to 10 heat, zombie passing by perceives and comes to attack its construction, agglutinated forge generates 25 to 35 squares of heat and so on.

These are ideas pulling a realization, if force in real life the zombie would not follow their instincts, noise, smell and blood.

I take a lot of ideas from Project Zomboid game, I do not know if it's already played, but it's a great game, all noise can catch the zombies' attention, if you're bleeding, you can call it by smell, it would be a good idea when you suffers a scratch, cut and need line and needles, staying for 2 to 5 minutes with the smell of blood. With this it can attract zombies within 20 to 50 blocks, what is lacking in the 7 days to die are those ideas about survival, making the human body in the game fragile, damage that hinders action. I could talk all day about how to create a perfect MOD, but I have no wisdom, but who knows someday

• 1 month later...

I see you have not tried Gnamod Necropolis yet, should give it a go as well.

The problem with making water really scarce is that RNG can make it so some worlds are just unplayably hard, since you will likely have to focus on it from the first minute, and it will create an experience that many people probably will not like.

Still it is perfectly doable to have water in the world that cannot be collected and require some kind of purification or just a few sources that you need to work for to get, until then having to rely on water you scavenge.

I might make an even more survival oriented Gnamod in A17, since right now it might be a waste of time. Though I am considering a 2.0 version of Necropolis which might then might also get even more scarce food and water, right now its still available if you manage to overcome the other threats.

If you want that kind of mod, then go make it.

1) You can't collect rainwater without custom C# code. So that means talking to the Starvation lot for that code.

2) Scare water WILL massively unbalance the game. I had to be very careful removing all water bodies and relying on POI's for water in Darkness Falls, but I think it came out ok.

3) Scare animals. Why? Aside from "Because I want it hard" ...why? There would be MORE animals in a post-apoc scenario. If you want it hard, go turn up the wolves and bears and set their AI to hunt the rest of the animals.

4) Buckets and water? That's a vanilla bug. You'd have to create a new water source block that the bucket puts down, but then can't be picked back up.

Basically, what you want is a lot of work and it's what most people here WON'T want. If they want that? They'll go play Project Zomboid (and I have played that, and it's a great game).

Archived