What have u modded to make the game harder

SnowDog1942

My goal was to decrease grind, but increase difficulty.

1. Infection progresses faster and gives you a fever which raises your body temp, by infection 3 you can barely walk and have zero stamina from heat exhaustion.

2. All guns are effective, but shoot projectiles not rays and its harder to hit moving objects at distance.

3. Zombies act as bullet sponges unless you hit them in the head. (Affects all weapon types)

4. Zombies hit harder and have increased buff chances

5. Recipes have added complexity i.e more components not more of each component.

6. Want to change the wellness penalty to go from -10 to like -50 with no minimum cap so you can eventually be unable to re-spawn (kinda like dead is dead, but allows a little more forgiveness due to glitches/lag) but can't find the correct xml (possible?)

7. Lower starting wellness to be 50 (possible?)

My 2 small modifications,

- Trees to grow around 60-70 days.

- Crops to grow around 35 days.

And oh boy that food shortage might hit you pretty bad. No instant plants.

There's so many trees in any world a single player could never hope to chop them all down.

But making farming effectively worthless in the short term - don't you find yourself making massive (200x200+) farms, so that you can survive in between harvest cycles? Or do you spend all your time looking for food?

I start early, any seed i can find plant them as quickly as possible. And later start to plan harvest cycles, and calculate how much food is needed. For early game its mostly canned / found food just to survive. When essential survival things done. Like small base of operations, camp fire, etc done. Ill go hunting and scouting as much time gives me to do before 7th day horde. Also reserve little time to prepare defenses for the horde of course. (In dont make underground bases, my own game difficulty choice)

Blocks.xml contains the values for these. Values are in game minutes. So default 60 minute day, has 40 min light, and 20 minute night time.

So trees and crops will grow only during those 40min period. So adjust accordingly for your own game preference.

This handles crops:

<block id="119" name="cropsGrowingMaster">

<property name="PlantGrowing.GrowthRate" value="1200.0"/> <!-- Default 63 setting 1 is erratic. Recommend 2+ for testing or use -->

This handles trees:

<block id="129" name="treeMasterGrowing">

<property name="PlantGrowing.GrowthRate" value="2400"/>

There is still some mystery on those timings, and haven't played long enough to test them well enough. There seems to be some kind of randomized part where daily growth is changed, than being constant rate.

Only bad thing is that when you find fields in towns, they seem to be in stage 2 growth already. So they grow much faster, and gives quite infinite food source. If these fields could be little bit more limited. It would increase difficulty on survival part nicely.

There's so many trees in any world a single player could never hope to chop them all down.

But making farming effectively worthless in the short term - don't you find yourself making massive (200x200+) farms, so that you can survive in between harvest cycles? Or do you spend all your time looking for food?

But more you chop down, longer distance you have to travel to get them. And there are other ramifications when you have somewhat limited wood source. What i found gives nice survival perspective addition to the game.

Do you want to burn full stack of wood in forge or save it for spikes/log spikes maybe?

-Decrease stacksize of arrows and bolts to 3, and cartridges to 5. Pipebombs to 1.

-Reduce durability on melee weapon by 80-90 %.

Problem is it would suck to fill turrets, and severly reduce usability of the pistol, smg and ak47.

Wouldn't an AR-15 be a better choice for this game, since it is sorta set in the US or Mexico.

But more you chop down, longer distance you have to travel to get them. And there are other ramifications when you have somewhat limited wood source. What i found gives nice survival perspective addition to the game.

Do you want to burn full stack of wood in forge or save it for spikes/log spikes maybe?

Unless you play with 10 people or maybe start in a very large desert, it's unlikely you'd have to travel very far to reach trees. With decent gathering tools and skills, you can easily fill a container with wood long before you cut down the whole forest.

Building off of my earlier "negative perk" idea, make a negative perk called "Clumsy". When bought, it gives 15 extra skillpoints, but you have an X% chance to drop an item from your inventory every time you get hit.

Building off of my earlier "negative perk" idea, make a negative perk called "Clumsy". When bought, it gives 15 extra skillpoints, but you have an X% chance to drop an item from your inventory every time you get hit.

I wouldnt take that for 100 extra skill pounts

Added :-

Crops to grow around 17/18 days (not bothered about trees)

3 feathers to Arrows

No cars on roads only in towns

Firstaid bandages made on chemistry station as first aid kits are..normal bandages take 4 cloth and 4 cottonplants can be made on you.

Added fat to all cooking

Snow to water = 10-1 ratio

Deleted coffee and beer buff

Archived