Straya Mod (WIP)

generalnibbler

Gi'day

i would like to share my Straya mod.

Its basically turns the game a bit more australian like and designed for random game.

firstly i would like to thank the SDX team. Without them this mod would never existed.

7D2D Launcher config file https://www.dropbox.com/s/5127njq293q13d3/straya.xml?dl=0

the download link is on top right corner.

click on open local file in the mod launcher to install it into the mod list.

i made a basic readme https://www.dropbox.com/s/l1vanee4xha6sue/README.md?dl=0

This mod originally started as a few xml edits but soon grew into a monstrosity. While i made it cause i do love modding and had been looking for a new game to mod, i rarely do share my mods but decided to share this one.

the graphics are not perfect i am not an artist.

hope you enjoy.

I was going to hold out releasing this patch until i could get money for a crocodile model that had animations but it was taking too long. Money problems suck...

lastest patch info:

Patch 0.012 (Rod Ansell patch)

Created 2 new versions that do minor changes to the mod

Straya Burke and Wills Edition

this edition is all about exploration.

It has less cities and towns, the minibike book and recipes have been taken out of the game but you can still find the parts or buy them from the trader.

Straya Rod Ansell Edition

this edition is more for the hardcore players who have found the game too easy

it extends the Burke and Wills Edition and on top of that everything hits u twice as hard

there is no more noobie quests but u do start with few items to help you

Biomes

The Feral Lands given a new look and now are mostly in the centre (1000m radius) but can and will spawn anywhere else.

tweaked ores.

Blocks

Adding bluestone blocks to the game (only 4 different blocks for now)

Added new plant and trees for Feral Land BueatiMutation project

Enitities

Retextured the Zombie Feral Cat

Added a place holder for crocodile (atm it is a moving static mesh just imagine it is animated and ya will be scared enuf)

Added a snake horde perfect for biting unsuspecting players digging for clay and what not (and have run out of stamina etc) and yes it has happened to me in testing so works as intended :)

loot

removed guns from toilets

Prefabs

Added new prefabs for mining bluestone and other ores

Added "Royal Mail" pub

Recipes

Auger schematic no longer teaches the auger blade. Retooling the auger blade and the new recipe for retooling the auger parts are in the DIY Auger parts book.

Chainsaw schematic changed same way as auger schematic...

Screenies

Echidna

Echidna.jpg.fde99c567c9084a0e590544cece2286f.jpg

Crow (if ya like u can get up close and personal and take a better screenie he refused to stand still)

crow.thumb.jpg.0e1a413bd03bcd9895a4ed10e46832f4.jpg

Feral Zombie Cat (yes its a smaller tiger am not an artist etc had to make do with what i could get)

538490074_FeralZombiecat.thumb.jpg.d7aaab45e8aec7eeb8990072b060e6b3.jpg

and finally

Emu

emu.jpg.dc8a2caf09c51c835928fb61a0f2a62b.jpg

all the animal models come from the unity store

Australian animals https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/australia-animals-pack-low-poly-71495

Tiger https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/animals/golden-tiger-55797

Crow https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/animals/living-birds-15649

drop bears

Nice work mate, crazy getting killed by a zombie koala bear!

thank you.

just to clarify its a drop bear (i did use a koala model for it) and not a zombie

drop bears (Thylarctos plummetus) are the carnivorous cousins of koalas.

drop-bear.jpg.391db907b05ae5b47260a9bf2d98e9c7.jpg

while i did get them to be able to climb trees (and other stuff) i did not know how to make them spawn above you when chopping down trees.

thank you.

just to clarify its a drop bear (i did use a koala model for it) and not a zombie

drop bears (Thylarctos plummetus) are the carnivorous cousins of koalas.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24263[/ATTACH]

while i did get them to be able to climb trees (and other stuff) i did not know how to make them spawn above you when chopping down trees.

Wow, never heard of the drop bear.themoreyouknow.thumb.jpg.db6505f3940116242b753f13e8eb8bf7.jpg

thank you

thank you for all your comments guys it definately apreciated

ardacho, big red is the king of the roos,

he can spawn in most of the biomes and there is even a big red horde

i have been working on a update which will fix a few things and add some mroe stuff to it. just doing some testing to make sure it all good.

It will mean a new game so if you do not want to start a new game when i do upload it make sure you untick the "refresh mod automaticly" checkbox.

thank you for all your comments guys it definately apreciated

ardacho, big red is the king of the roos,

he can spawn in most of the biomes and there is even a big red horde

i have been working on a update which will fix a few things and add some mroe stuff to it. just doing some testing to make sure it all good.

It will mean a new game so if you do not want to start a new game when i do upload it make sure you untick the "refresh mod automaticly" checkbox.

Thanks =)

Archived