Straya Mod (WIP)

generalnibbler

while i did get them to be able to climb trees (and other stuff) i did not know how to make them spawn above you when chopping down trees.

Hmm. Define a tree as a prefab. Add a sleeper volume with one drop bear.

Most trees would hide the beast in the crown/trunk so lumberjacks would have to stay on their toes.

Hi. Fresh air for 7 days to die. A query: can it be compatible with any other backpack mod?

i have not test this with any backpack mod nor do i intend to. I feel it would make it too easy and in fact i think i watered my mod down too much and made it too easy compared to what i originally had it at.

Hmm. Define a tree as a prefab. Add a sleeper volume with one drop bear.

Most trees would hide the beast in the crown/trunk so lumberjacks would have to stay on their toes.

the concept is interesting :)

i did consider the suggestion when Guppycur mentioned it but i can see a few issues.

1) would the sleeper volume activate if it is 15m in the air?

am bit busy with RL atm to test this but is minor

2) what happens when the tree is chopped down?

the drop bear will spawn in the same location where there is no tree?

3) would having lotsa extra prefabs lag the game more?

no idea on this one.

4) some of my custom entities i found bugged out the sleeper volumes.

While i did not try with the drop bear as they were not assigned to them atm i have not the time to test them. hopefully in a month or so rl will take less a toll on my time.

i have considered making a few custom class for the mod but due to the fact that i get migraines from programming these days i have been avoiding that.

this mod has given me quite a few already and i had to stop for a week to a month at a time before going back to it.

Is there a recipe for making duct tape into sandpaper? :p

Gotta pay that !

- - - Updated - - -

Have you got Bluestone ? If not can you add it ? I reckon it could be mined under water. I supopse you could use the asphalt texture to try an xml addition. A few of us are thinking about putting up a server, will that work with the files in the launcher ?

Gotta pay that !

- - - Updated - - -

Have you got Bluestone ? If not can you add it ? I reckon it could be mined under water. I supopse you could use the asphalt texture to try an xml addition. A few of us are thinking about putting up a server, will that work with the files in the launcher ?

Appart from the bedrock there is no bluestone.

am not sure what you are asking about tbh.

in relation to the launcher if you make additions to the mod the launcher will override them as i believe it extracts the files and overwrites them on each game launch.

Bluestone is a cultural or commercial name for a number of dimension or building stone varieties, including:

basalt in Victoria, Australia, and in New Zealand;

dolerites in Tasmania, Australia;[1] and in Britain (including Stonehenge)

a feldspathic sandstone in the U.S. and Canada;

limestone in the Shenandoah Valley in the USA, from the Hainaut quarries in Soignies, Belgium and from quarries in County Carlow, County Galway and County Kilkenny in Ireland; and

slate in South Australia

Given there are so many old 'Bluestone' buildings here in Aus I was thinking it would be a good addition to the blocks you can build with thats all. If you really don't know what it is ( which would probabaly make you a Queenslander ) well google it to see. If you google Pentridge Prison you will see what I mean.

If you untick the refresh mods box in the launcher it wont update it btw. But what i meant was will the files you get with the launcher be enough to host a paid server - I assume they would but you never know so i thought I'd ask before spending the money...

Bluestone is a cultural or commercial name for a number of dimension or building stone varieties, including:

basalt in Victoria, Australia, and in New Zealand;

dolerites in Tasmania, Australia;[1] and in Britain (including Stonehenge)

a feldspathic sandstone in the U.S. and Canada;

limestone in the Shenandoah Valley in the USA, from the Hainaut quarries in Soignies, Belgium and from quarries in County Carlow, County Galway and County Kilkenny in Ireland; and

slate in South Australia

Given there are so many old 'Bluestone' buildings here in Aus I was thinking it would be a good addition to the blocks you can build with thats all. If you really don't know what it is ( which would probabaly make you a Queenslander ) well google it to see. If you google Pentridge Prison you will see what I mean.

If you untick the refresh mods box in the launcher it wont update it btw. But what i meant was will the files you get with the launcher be enough to host a paid server - I assume they would but you never know so i thought I'd ask before spending the money...

now i understand i never heard basalt called bluestone lol

unfortunately there is a limit to the number of blocks in the game and fun pimps have pretty much used most of them up

i think with what i have done there is like 5 maybe free if that.

i been hesitant to add more as

1 i do not know how many spare after next patch

2 if i add a new set of blocks (your blue stones, different plants or other items etc) later i may have an idea that i felt was better and then i would be removing content. tbh i had a few ideas for new blocks (such as old mining ruins etc) but i decided they were not good enuf to use up the last remaing blocks.

as far as i can tell i would have to edit the resource file to add a new texture (which tbh i have failed ever time i tried) and that would mean a much bigger download. i wanted to have custom textures for the plains ground but in the end decided to make do with what i could do.

i was born in queenslands \0/ :)

in fact i did try make a prefab of a queenslander but it failed (structural problems) but i thank you for reminding me so i can try again as i forgotten about it :)

i have not tried to run a dedicated server with it but it should work with the files from the launcher.

In-case you need it, here's a list of all the available block ID's in the base game. :)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69080-TIP-Alpha-16-0-Current-quot-Free-quot-blocks-xml-IDs

There's actually quite a lot. I know I'm getting close to running out too.

that is very helpfull. i thought i had only 6 left lol

i have been thinking on how to implement the bluestone jolly which is why i did not reply to this earlier

i had an idea may take while for me to get to it but it is coming.

• 2 months later...
Gi'day

i would like to share my Straya mod.

Its basically turns the game a bit more australian like and designed for random game.

firstly i would like to thank the SDX team. Without them this mod would never existed.

7D2D Launcher config file https://www.dropbox.com/s/5127njq293q13d3/straya.xml?dl=0

the download link is on top right corner.

click on open local file in the mod launcher to install it into the mod list.

i made a basic readme https://www.dropbox.com/s/l1vanee4xha6sue/README.md?dl=0

This mod originally started as a few xml edits but soon grew into a monstrosity. While i made it cause i do love modding and had been looking for a new game to mod, i rarely do share my mods but decided to share this one.

the graphics are not perfect i am not an artist.

hope you enjoy.

lastest patch info:

Fixed issues

Biomes

made less fertile farmland in burnt forest

fixed some of the ore subbiomes

changed oil subboime indicator

yucca fruit no longer in game

blocks

all Cacti (prickly pear) gives prickly pear fruit or prickly pearseed instead of yucca fruit

items and recipes

gas cans and barrels called petrol cans...

added the following

Prickly Pear Fruit

Mince

Rissole

Mash Potato

Pie Crust

Meat Pie

Shepherds Pie

Prickly Pear Fruit Stew (vege stew but prickly pear instead of mushrooms)

Sausage Roll

Hey mate, love the sound of this mod. Question is, how do u install this on a linux dedicated server?

I'm running a server for a few mates, and would be keen to install the mod server-side. I'm been searching for generic how-to's but out of luck. Any help? Cheers

Hey mate, love the sound of this mod. Question is, how do u install this on a linux dedicated server?

I'm running a server for a few mates, and would be keen to install the mod server-side. I'm been searching for generic how-to's but out of luck. Any help? Cheers

sorry for not replying sooner but have been busing working on a new update. yes jolly i have been working on some bluestone (but it not looking right just yet) amongst some other stuff.

i not tried to do any dedicated server stuff with my mod so tech i have only half an idea based on looking at what i saw on the steam dedicated server files... and as for the linux part of things am not sure if there is anything to do there (if it was BSD i be more help :)

this is my guess :)

my mod file has 3 main folders

7DaysToDie_Data

Data

Mods

if you rename the first one from 7DaysToDie_Data to 7DaysToDieServer_Data that should do it in theory at least on a windows machine.

at a quick google i found this which made sense to my BSD orientated mind

https://linuxgsm.com/lgsm/sdtdserver/

i not sure if it has the same folders as the windows versions or if it puts some of the files elsewhere etc. in seems to install just off root at /sdtdserver

but as it keeps the logs in your home directory /home/sdtdserver/logs maybe the mod files would go there /home/sdtdserver/?

you will have to look for that 7DaysToDieServer_Data folder.

found this

"Where/how did you install the game? I put some of my stuff in /usr/local/lib/7dtd but there is also a bin/. I'm using Debian 7 though, so you might be on some other distro. If you pm me the startup script, I can probably help you find where they go. You might be able to tell by doing cat /etc/7dtd.conf but it all depends on how you installed it." as he said depends on ya distro...

unfortunately you are right with the limited info on this and sorry if i am not anymore help.

but if you do get it let us know so others can find out etc.

• 2 weeks later...

what i have been working on

just to show you what i been working on atm

my bluestone blocks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y813vyx854yfrx2/bluestone3.png?dl=0

the re textured feral zombie cat

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nso728nwfuw52qu/feralzombiecat.png?dl=0

the next one has ended up being a place holder as i was not able to get the animations to work but it is scary enuf and when i get some spare money i will buy a proper model for it from the asset store

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4g9vp9ozmneewv8/croc.png?dl=0

i have been working on 2 new versions of the mod

Straya Burke and Wills Edition

this edition is all about exploration.

It has less cities and towns, the minibike book and recipes have been taken out of the game but you can still find the parts or buy them from the trader.

Straya Rod Ansell Edition

this edition is more for the hardcore players who have found the game too easy

it extends the Burke and Wills Edition and on top of that everything hits u twice as hard

there is no more noobie quests but u do start with few items to help you

120 762mm Bullets

Hunting Rifle

Hunting Rifle book

1 repairKit

huntingKnife

bottledWater

canChili

you will not get the land claim or bandage but luckily for you i was not able to give you a sprained leg (from a croc bite) on the start.

• 1 month later...

[MOD] Straya (WIP)

new patch is out.

here is a screenie of the new feral lands

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gx982isyu2tjaju/ferallands.jpg?dl=0

i sorry the croc is still just a placeholder atm decided to release it as it is.

being on centrelink means there is always something that needs to eat at what little dollars i get...

hope ya enjoy

• 4 weeks later...

Straya is the default.

Burke and Wills were explorers who were commissioned to trek from one end of the country to the other in the 1800's.

Given that, as per the description on the first page, B&W's edition is about exploration. less towns etc.

Rod Ansil is a hard ass who got lost and survived 55 days in the bush.

Given that, as per the description on the first page, Ansil edition is more hardcore than default.

giphy.gif

Dust2death has it pretty much right.

the Rod Ansil edition is the hardcore edition.

Inspired by Rod Ansil's ill fated "fishing" trip you have less towns like like in the Bourke and Wills edition with the added fun of everything hitting you twice as hard.

am still steaming that i could not give the player a broken leg from the start :)

Archived