"Teching up"

Katitof

It's been floating around my head for quite some time now, it probably was already done by modders, but what would you say if we had the ability to construct "advanced" crafting stations with more of mid-end game materials?

Functional kitchen instead of fireplace, electrical heating or cooling, some better looking, less primitive furnace and so on.

Functionality could be the same, but in case of kitchen, the power would be consumed instead of wood, similar for other stuff.

Have not done my research on furnaces, but at worst I do believe we could get something like alternative skin to work with for aesthetic reasons?

I enjoy electricity and would like to see more things related to it as well as "upgrades" to at least some crafting stations to exploit electricity a bit more.

Would add a poll, but I can't seem to find the option.

I always thought it was strange that some refrigerators still work (okay they make a humming noise), and some lights still work (the mysterious light that shines through hills), but that the ovens don't work.

I've yet to play a game where I did not cheat in electricity yet, but I'm sure we are getting closer to it.

Yes much has been implemented by mods such as Starvation, Valmod and War of the Walkers... Except for the AC and furnace!!!

As for workstations/benches Starvation had a completely new set! Forge and 'big forge(?)', etc... Working everything except for the furnace and AC... I would rather see 'upgrade' options with the ability to add like the "Saws-All" to a bench/forge/etc in order to be able to access upgraded options once you got the recipe via perks. War of the Walkers has way way too many benches... The same workbench from vanilla just colored... About 8 for the different classes and about 4 others... So... How much room do you need?!? YIKES!

As for the furnace - I have a feeling it might be hard if not impossible to implement but its a great idea! Same with the AC unit... Starvation has/had a "vent hood" over the big forge...

There was some discussion just after we got electricity and at least 'some of us' noted that we needed conduits and such, but I wanted a complete control system where I could control everything from one main control console. Recently someone noted that an option for blocks to have 'electrical' pass through - which would be good too maybe that option would enable the 'conduit' look... The hanging wire thing is 'nasty' and doesn't look good...

You'll need Hazmat Gloves to work with Electricity! So says Cad-OSHA - Cadamiers' Occupational Safety and Health Administration for 7 Days to Die!!! <VBG>

Regulations (Standards - 27 CFR) - Table of Contents

• Part Number: 2790

• Part Title: 7 Days to Die Occupational Safety and Health Standards

• Subpart: Z

• Subpart Title: Electrical Safety Standards

• Standard Number: 2790.23

• Title: Working with Electricty

• GPO Source: e-CFR

One thing I would also like and have 'pushed' to a degree is - yea - more 'skins' and such. My wife and our friends play but they're tired of the same Business Suit & purple tank top 'look' - they want more options!

I keep trying to push for options for everything because knowing and seeing other games - many of them have a tonne of options such as weapons, cloths, etc. Vanilla doesn't have much. Sure it could be as easy as taking a 'block' and re-color/reskin it or what ever but 'we' need options!

Vanilla doesn't have enough options!!!

With Joel saying that '

we need all of these options now before they're locked out!

It's been floating around my head for quite some time now, it probably was already done by modders, but what would you say if we had the ability to construct "advanced" crafting stations with more of mid-end game materials?

Functional kitchen instead of fireplace, electrical heating or cooling, some better looking, less primitive furnace and so on.

Functionality could be the same, but in case of kitchen, the power would be consumed instead of wood, similar for other stuff.

Have not done my research on furnaces, but at worst I do believe we could get something like alternative skin to work with for aesthetic reasons?

I enjoy electricity and would like to see more things related to it as well as "upgrades" to at least some crafting stations to exploit electricity a bit more.

Would add a poll, but I can't seem to find the option.

Agree with this and would like them to have improved functionality. For example a temperature regulator in wider area, fridge prolonging spoilage etc - a better survival tech progression, more obstacles to overcome with more impactful consequences and more "luxuries" to look forward to.

Yeah I'd really like to see an update that provided a lot of things for "new" looking bases.

Some players spend a great deal of time of elaborate bases.

Things like new tiles and wall coverings.

New bathtub.

Working Fridge/Stove

Upgraded workshop goodies.

Doesn't have to upset the game or anything just allow a player to make a nice looking home.

Hopefully some advancements will allow TFP to give 7DTD player-customizable textures.

I like alot of things that modders have done with the game. The more modest being those common sense actions of crafting, repairing, or using the most logical ingredients for a recipe. Something as small as repairing a birds nest with feathers, just as an example, just polishes the game up nicely. I hope to see more of this in A17.

Archived