Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

5 minutes ago, funk said:

lol, What a coincidence SnowBee, was just watching your "MASSIVE Update, Darkness Falls 4.1 Released, 7 Days to Die" video on youtube literally this moment to see if you may have mentioned something about this.

Thanks mate.

Haha, yeah, only mentioned the pregen maps as most people play the PEP or noPEP ones, and often ask "what does PEP mean" :)

I am dropping a continuation to that video in a few hours, based on the question "Is DF too hard now" after v4.1 was released. There have been quite a few suggesting that, so wanted to address it. I honestly believe DF has never been in a better place with all the changes and options that Khaine has provided us.

I guess Random Generator doesn't give me all the darkness falls POIs. I've tried a few 15360 size maps and always something is missing or more. I was thinking of trying to edit the rwgmixer file as I remember from my Starvation Mod alpha 16 days where I edited the xml to make it so that max_count="1" and added a min_count="1" to make it so that a POI should spawn as long as there was room for it, but in the latest alpha's that xml format has changed, so no idea if there is an option like that anymore, or even if Khaine would've added something like that already.

Edited by funk (see edit history)

50 minutes ago, funk said:

I guess Random Generator doesn't give me all the darkness falls POIs.

Nothing changed to the old version.

You can either generate world over world and check if there are all DF related POI present.

Or you just you the World editor and replace existing ones with the ones that are missing.

Check Youtube about a video how to do it.

So managed to get all darkness falls POIs spawned pretty easily after modding the rwgmixer file included in my dedicated server "\Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Config" by just increasing the options available under large world size which uses 13000-17000 range of values which fall under my 15360 map size.

<property name="few" value=
<property name="default" value=
<property name="many" value=

and maxtiles and mintiles

in each section to reflect the same as what "many" is set too. As I don't know how to set that when using dedicated servers, you can do that in game though I think.

Oh, and I don't need to search the POIs included using the in game method. You can just look inside the prefabs.xml file in your generated world. These are what's showing now in my generated world when I search using notepad++

Spoiler

Line 1385:   <decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Annas_House" position="-3081,33,2686" rotation="3" />

Line 5423:   <decoration type="model" name="DFalls_settlement_caitlin" position="-5741,38,4358" rotation="0" />

Line 6247:   <decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Resarch_Lab1" position="-4442,4,-581" rotation="0" />

Line 6249:   <decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Razors_House" position="6657,51,2099" rotation="3" />

Line 6250:   <decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Eves_Camp" position="4816,32,-429" rotation="0" />

Line 6251:   <decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Military_Bunker" position="1210,25,-1689" rotation="0" />

and I got all traders:

Spoiler

Line  559:   <decoration type="model" name="trader_jen" position="4384,36,4039" rotation="0" />
    Line 1162:   <decoration type="model" name="trader_joel" position="-2473,41,-3737" rotation="3" />
    Line 1673:   <decoration type="model" name="trader_bob" position="-3197,43,3968" rotation="2" />
    Line 2202:   <decoration type="model" name="trader_rekt" position="4492,39,-1576" rotation="0" />
    Line 2741:   <decoration type="model" name="trader_hugh" position="3401,29,-4835" rotation="0" />
    Line 3350:   <decoration type="model" name="trader_jen" position="583,35,-5599" rotation="1" />
    Line 3809:   <decoration type="model" name="trader_hugh" position="2464,29,4560" rotation="0" />
    Line 4175:   <decoration type="model" name="trader_rekt" position="-630,38,6003" rotation="0" />
    Line 4585:   <decoration type="model" name="trader_hugh" position="-3299,29,-2200" rotation="2" />
    Line 4982:   <decoration type="model" name="trader_joel" position="6273,35,4471" rotation="1" />
    Line 5692:   <decoration type="model" name="trader_jen" position="1126,37,2525" rotation="3" />
    Line 5953:   <decoration type="model" name="trader_hugh" position="-1598,29,-758" rotation="0" />

So now I just need to check are the portals spawning at groundlevel on the wasteland. I noticed there don't seem to be many in the maps included in 4.1. Is that normal? Also is there anything else I should be checking before I start a game on my map?

Seems my randomly generated world doesn't have any portals at all above ground in the wasteland area, no towns in wasteland area and also the no radiation. Though I activated cave generation, I might try disable that and try generate a new world.

edit: Never mind about the no radiation in wasteland areas, a new player under level 4 has xp protection and as a side effect, radiation protection lol😅, but I still have the issue with no portals and no towns in the wasteland area seemingly. Any command I can do to check if there area actually portals somewhere? Or other things I should check for before I use it to play on? 🤔 I am concerned I won't be able to find any good loot with the change where loot bonus is only in the wasteland, but no towns and not much POIs in there would hinder that when I make radiation clothes. 😐

2 minutes ago, Ganeshakw said:

How to disable cave generation ? Asking so that assuming the in-game performance can be improved without the caves. 

It's not enabled by default. I enabled it inside the Mods\0-SCore\Config\blocks.xml file

Can you please share which lines in this xml has impact on the cave generation ? Since long I am not been able to play this mod because of the low performance on my gaming laptop. Still on A19. I want to try disabling the caves as they are always there in my world.

13 minutes ago, Ganeshakw said:

Can you please share which lines in this xml has impact on the cave generation ? Since long I am not been able to play this mod because of the low performance on my gaming laptop. Still on A19. I want to try disabling the caves as they are always there in my world.

I never played Alpha 19 DF but having a look at https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19client/-/blob/master/Mods/2-SphereIICore/Config/blocks.xml  is the same corresponding file, and looks like it's enabled by default in the A19 version.

The line is
<property name="CaveEnabled" value="true"/>

11 hours ago, funk said:

Seems my randomly generated world doesn't have any portals at all above ground in the wasteland area, no towns in wasteland area and also the no radiation. Though I activated cave generation, I might try disable that and try generate a new world.

edit: Never mind about the no radiation in wasteland areas, a new player under level 4 has xp protection and as a side effect, radiation protection lol😅, but I still have the issue with no portals and no towns in the wasteland area seemingly. Any command I can do to check if there area actually portals somewhere? Or other things I should check for before I use it to play on? 🤔 I am concerned I won't be able to find any good loot with the change where loot bonus is only in the wasteland, but no towns and not much POIs in there would hinder that when I make radiation clothes. 😐

They're biome deco. They spawn when the game thinks there's enough flat ground and it rolls the chance.

10 hours ago, Ganeshakw said:

How to disable cave generation ? Asking so that assuming the in-game performance can be improved without the caves. 

It's off by default.

2 hours ago, Falaffel said:

Class information on first page of this thread still lists civilian class, which is no longer available.

I do need to re-write all of that when I get time.

1 hour ago, wanderinpaladin said:

Khaine, do farm plots count as "soil" for animal snares? I ask because I don't want to use dirt blocks inside my defensive perimeter. I guess I can just put the snares somewhere else but...

I..... actually haven't tested that.

Right, this is for all the nerds who say "Oh the mod is too easy when you get lasers.

demons.thumb.jpg.f5b98eb3e82d01b29e7efe31db771ec3.jpg

Left - Succubus

Front Left - Incubus

Front Right - Incubus Patriarch

Right - Succubus Matriarch

Back Left - Demonic Behemoth

Back Right - Empowered Demonic Behemoth

Yes, there's going to be "Empowered" demons above normal demons. 😛

OK love this mod play frequently, @KhaineGB i tout your work. 4.1 awesome. Now i @%$#....wtf a broken bone is permanent wellness drop? like ok you broke a finger, you can no longer type my memos, DUMB as @%$#. Also the hyperthermia/hyperheat whatever i agree with, but my players on my server are spawned there as startup and die before they get out of biome, hence not the right gear, this is a problem. If designed this way, ok, if not spawn locations need fixed. If intended, people wont play if they die 10 mins into play, just IMO a thought.

19 minutes ago, ASSedOutnTN said:

wtf a broken bone is permanent wellness drop

You can get any wellness lost back by wellness food, wellness drinks, and vitiamins. There's no "permanent" loss if you're able to bring the wellness back up. If you choose not to regain it with in game options available, then yeah... it's going to be permanent. 

As for the biome spawning, players can now spawn in all except wastelands. Not sure why they are dieing 10 min from initial spawn since there is a newbie buff for that. Your map must be big if players can't run it to the forest before dieing from only the elements. Maybe give your players a direction to head to (general forest area - ex: Head south/west for forest) incase they spawn outside of forest. As the Admin you should have access to that info. 

3 minutes ago, Jinx_DG said:

You can get any wellness lost back by wellness food, wellness drinks, and vitiamins. There's no "permanent" loss if you're able to bring the wellness back up. If you choose not to regain it with in game options available, then yeah... it's going to be permanent. 

As for the biome spawning, players can now spawn in all except wastelands. Not sure why they are dieing 10 min from initial spawn since there is a newbie buff for that. Your map must be big if players can't run it to the forest before dieing from only the elements. Maybe give your players a direction to head to (general forest area - ex: Head south/west for forest) incase they spawn outside of forest. As the Admin you should have access to that info. 

i appreciate the response and some valid points.... so i do know that wellness comes from food, etc, my complaint is dying sure wellness work back, but a permanent debuff for a broken bone, (that happens someone by mistake while building) is viable. Nope, still on the thats just dumb idea side.

As for spawning anywhere now, why not spawn them in the wasteland, as an admin i should just tell them to travel south. Really? GD give players a chance, even newbies. As a host of servers, and of course i get the feedback of these changes, leads me to consider other overhauls, just saying.

9 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Left - Succubus

Front Left - Incubus

Front Right - Incubus Patriarch

Right - Succubus Matriarch

Back Left - Demonic Behemoth

Back Right - Empowered Demonic Behemoth

And for the Demon King you need to use the portal to travel ! 🙂

7 hours ago, ASSedOutnTN said:

OK love this mod play frequently, @KhaineGB i tout your work. 4.1 awesome. Now i @%$#....wtf a broken bone is permanent wellness drop? like ok you broke a finger, you can no longer type my memos, DUMB as @%$#. Also the hyperthermia/hyperheat whatever i agree with, but my players on my server are spawned there as startup and die before they get out of biome, hence not the right gear, this is a problem. If designed this way, ok, if not spawn locations need fixed. If intended, people wont play if they die 10 mins into play, just IMO a thought.

Broken bone has always done that since I put wellness in. You new here? 😛

The heat/cold I'm adjusting in 4.1.1. (adding a resistance up to level 10 that drops every level)

48 minutes ago, Ganeshakw said:

@KhaineGB Are these demons in 4.1 ? Also, we need bigger gun than a M60. Like the one Arnold holds. 4 Barrels, round shaped and big big magzine size.  😀

No. 4.1.1 most likely.