Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

In the previous dev build clothing like BDU bottoms had randomized values for their cold and heat resist, but with a new game it looks like pretty much everything is always generating with exactly +5 or -5 to each stat, with a few exceptions like denim pants being +/- 7.5. Is this an undocumented change or unintended behavior?
Leather Duster is now +15 Cold Resist and -15 Heat resist which doesn't seem right considering Dusters are iconic desert wear, all that leather protecting your skin and reflecting the heat

Edited by darthsawyer
example (see edit history)

52 minutes ago, darthsawyer said:

In the previous dev build clothing like BDU bottoms had randomized values for their cold and heat resist, but with a new game it looks like pretty much everything is always generating with exactly +5 or -5 to each stat, with a few exceptions like denim pants being +/- 7.5. Is this an undocumented change or unintended behavior?
Leather Duster is now +15 Cold Resist and -15 Heat resist which doesn't seem right considering Dusters are iconic desert wear, all that leather protecting your skin and reflecting the heat

Intended.

And yes that's right on the duster. I own one. Straight up trying to wear it in the UK summer (which is no way as bad as USA summer/desert) is WAY too hot.

It's here. It's done. It's ready! Darkness Falls V4.1.0 is now in RELEASE and ready for everyone!

Darkness Falls V4.1.0

Patch notes are girthy, so I uploaded them here: https://pastebin.com/9EGxiTc7

Download Link: https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/_git/DarknessFallsA20 (click the 3 dots, select download as zip)
Alt Download Link: https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darkness-falls-a20/-/tree/main (click the icon next to clone and then zip)
Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=files&BH=3

SAVE COMPATIBILITY.

If you have been playing the dev builds, B19 works with this. A few people have said B18 works as well. Any other build is ABSOLUTELY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

If you are on 4.04, YOU WILL NEED A NEW SAVE!!! No if's. No but's. No exceptions. No "can I copy my..." no you can't due to class changes.

There. Have fun.

German translation for DF4.1 on 7d2d20.6 as mod: https://bit.ly/DF-GER-Local_41

Installation: Unzip, copy or move folder "DF-GER-Local"  to your Mods-folder.

Deutsche Übersetzung für DF4.1 auf 7d2d 20.6 als Mod: https://bit.ly/DF-GER-Local_41

Installation: Entpacken, den Ordner "DF-GER-Local" in deinen Mods-Ordner kopieren oder verschieben.

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

16 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Intended.

And yes that's right on the duster. I own one. Straight up trying to wear it in the UK summer (which is no way as bad as USA summer/desert) is WAY too hot.

I can agree. I think TFP wanted to make a "desert jacket" but that's not really a thing. If people say "but what about XXX western. I saw Kevin Costner wear them in XXX" That is because they have a function. Several really, but the main ones are they keep you dry, and they keep you clean when riding. Now I have worn a duster in Florida and when it's not raining it's hellish.

I just read through the patch notes. Wow what a list. I look forward to a new playthrough. Only thing I disliked was the removal of the escape hole (the cobblestone one not the steel ones)  in the military bunker. I've never dug into the base but I've used it plenty of times to escape the screamer horde at the front door. Maybe add a locked door on the bathroom and add one there so a key is still required? Just suggestions. (pulls out plans to set up a base and bedroll near bunker for eventual death)

3 minutes ago, wanderinpaladin said:

I just read through the patch notes. Wow what a list. I look forward to a new playthrough. Only thing I disliked was the removal of the escape hole (the cobblestone one not the steel ones)  in the military bunker. I've never dug into the base but I've used it plenty of times to escape the screamer horde at the front door. Maybe add a locked door on the bathroom and add one there so a key is still required? Just suggestions. (pulls out plans to set up a base and bedroll near bunker for eventual death)

I hear you. I have used the steel holes a few times, but I must admit I never used to when I first started playing DF. If you just do a bit of management at the start by the well, you can often kill the screamers when they poke their nose in. I have used turrets and even spikes to kill them when they arrive by the well entrance. I think one of the differences now in v4 is that the zombies spawn quite quickly in the bunker. This means any significant delay with opening the door will be met with a lot more than anticipated. So setting up a defensive position on the outside of the well can have its disadvantages. Using melee will also help in a big way, but not always possible.

10 hours ago, wanderinpaladin said:

Close the door and take molotovs with you. With the fixes to the blocks, screamers shouldn't see you and scream and summon crap. So if they get down to the door, just molotov her ;)

6 hours ago, KailJ said:

Is there a current list of modlets that do work with this overhaul? Thanks. :)

I think there is a webpage out there with a few modlets that are compatible, however, if you go to the DF Discord, there are a few modlets addons and support channels. So I would suggest starting over there. Ask in those channels or see what others have said.

@KhaineGB Bro, There is already a lot of stability in the NPC mod and lot of stuff is still under development. As you are an expert, I am sure you too must be having some take of some kind in this mod. Now I know its a stupid question but is there any chance in future DF will have some portion of this mod included which will save you from a lot of work as far as the NPCs are concerned ?

15 minutes ago, Ganeshakw said:

@KhaineGB Bro, There is already a lot of stability in the NPC mod and lot of stuff is still under development. As you are an expert, I am sure you too must be having some take of some kind in this mod. Now I know its a stupid question but is there any chance in future DF will have some portion of this mod included which will save you from a lot of work as far as the NPCs are concerned ?

You mean the mod that was in DF and was causing part of the issues with the survivors so I took it out? 😛

Hello Khaine. Appreciations for your great work. In my recent gameplay with the 4.1 version I noticed my quality 80 tools/weapons now degrading after repair to 75. Is that intended? I didnt read in the patch notes. Thanks for enlightenment.

Yo Khaine, would ask on Discord, but I'm banned there.  Evilracc0on#9004 if you feel like unbanning me. 

Vehicle repair kit not working on motorcycles? I tries, claw hammer, nail gun and even a multitool. is there suppose to be more than one kit per vehicle?

playing on dfvsmall1pep.

update: you gotta have multiple kits for it to work.🙃

2 hours ago, Evilracc0on said:

Yo Khaine, would ask on Discord, but I'm banned there.  Evilracc0on#9004 if you feel like unbanning me. 

Vehicle repair kit not working on motorcycles? I tries, claw hammer, nail gun and even a multitool. is there suppose to be more than one kit per vehicle?

playing on dfvsmall1pep.

update: you gotta have multiple kits for it to work.🙃

I was just coming here to say that you need about three kits or so to repair a minibike. Maybe more for the motorbike. :)