Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

3 hours ago, Chivalric said:

I assume you are talking about the Junk Turret, and even if you can, they only fire projectiles without shell casings.

Just the normal electric turrets, not junk. I can't remember if you could add mods to the non-junk turrets. It'd be nice to add brass catchers to them though since from what I can remember they are bullet hoses

54 minutes ago, Thundy said:

Just the normal electric turrets, not junk. I can't remember if you could add mods to the non-junk turrets. It'd be nice to add brass catchers to them though since from what I can remember they are bullet hoses

I'm going to say no.  I'm about 95% positive they don't have mod slots.  The junkies do, but they don't use encased ammo.

6 hours ago, Thundy said:

I would use the powered ones if you could add that mod to them, lol. Though the Mk2 that uses steel ammo is fairly easy enough to supply as is, still too lazy to bother.

16 hours ago, Armor9 said:

How do I get the eggs out of the chicken coup?  I do not see an option to loot it.  When I destroy it I get a full coup in my inventory but I still can't do anything with it?  Thanks. 

Then it's not done yet. When it's done, it turns into a lootable container

9 hours ago, Chivalric said:

I would use the powered ones if you could add that mod to them, lol. Though the Mk2 that uses steel ammo is fairly easy enough to supply as is, still too lazy to bother.

Well, it's probably the case when you play alone. I usually play in a party of 4, so we have stable income of bullets (and no one uses 9mm, lol) and brass, and there is nothing to do with brass usually.

34 minutes ago, Kirilles said:

Well, it's probably the case when you play alone. I usually play in a party of 4, so we have stable income of bullets (and no one uses 9mm, lol) and brass, and there is nothing to do with brass usually.

I just roll with 3 JT's using the iron darts, between them and a laser shotgun, everything melts in seconds. Surprising easy to do that in the open during horde night so long as you rotate reloading them and stay moving.

Alright folks. It's here. It's done. It's probably still got some minor issues, but it's playable.

Darkness Falls V4 is now out!

If you have been playing the DEV builds, you need to make sure that your /Mods folder is TOTALLY deleted. No exceptions. You will also NEED to start a new save. No exceptions.

This will work on 20.1 (which I believe is stable at the time of this post), or 20.2 (which will be stable later according to TFP).

There are no more client/server builds. One build works for both.

Patch notes are extra thicc, so they're here: https://pastebin.com/NbLtwnT1

Download Link: https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/_git/DarknessFallsA20 (click the 3 dots, select download as zip)
Alt Download Link: https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darkness-falls-a20/-/tree/main (click the icon next to clone and then zip)

And a couple of questions from the discord that are important here.

YES YOU NEED EAC OFF!!!
NO RWG DOESN'T WORK!!!

NoCP means No CompoPack, which is user-generated buildings, because it's not done.

That means the included maps are vanilla buildsings +A16 houses, +A18 stores, +DF specific POI's

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Alright folks. It's here. It's done. It's probably still got some minor issues, but it's playable.

Darkness Falls V4 is now out!

If you have been playing the DEV builds, you need to make sure that your /Mods folder is TOTALLY deleted. No exceptions. You will also NEED to start a new save. No exceptions.

This will work on 20.1 (which I believe is stable at the time of this post), or 20.2 (which will be stable later according to TFP).

There are no more client/server builds. One build works for both.

Patch notes are extra thicc, so they're here: https://pastebin.com/NbLtwnT1

Download Link: https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/_git/DarknessFallsA20 (click the 3 dots, select download as zip)
Alt Download Link: https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darkness-falls-a20/-/tree/main (click the icon next to clone and then zip)

And a couple of questions from the discord that are important here.

YES YOU NEED EAC OFF!!!
NO RWG DOESN'T WORK!!!

Awesome, thank you.

4 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Then it's not done yet. When it's done, it turns into a lootable container

Its been probably 10 game days already and there is a chicken on the roof.  How long is it supposed to take?  All you have to do so craft it and place it correct?  Nothing else needs to be done does it? 

59 minutes ago, Tacominati said:

Damn, them notes is dummy thicc!

Thanks Khaine, you're a goddamn treasure.

Seriously! How can you get this much done in 5 weeks (perhaps you work on some things post A19 release?) and TFP seem to do 1/4 of this in 10 months between Alphas. You are amazing and well..TFP...not so sure where they spend all their efforts. (?) 

1 minute ago, runnerd00d said:

Seriously! How can you get this much done in 5 weeks (perhaps you work on some things post A19 release?) and TFP seem to do 1/4 of this in 10 months between Alphas. You are amazing and well..TFP...not so sure where they spend all their efforts. (?) 

I was already working on a lot of it in A19. I just needed to port it over and get it working.

I'd actually been working on this for about 10 months. ;)

1 hour ago, Nickguy5467 said:

just started using the new a20 df . i noticed that whenever i get close to something like a bookcase or something else you can make that is already placed in a building just disappears when you get close to it. dont know if its been addressed but here i am

That's been a issue for a while, certain objects unload when you get close to them. Only seems to be a visual glitch, as you can still interact with them.

Couple of things I've noticed Khaine, the tires seem to have a much, much higher chance to give tires, and often two at once. Also seeing far more roaming NPC's than before, not that it's an issue. Also, I saw that you corrected trader locations to not have all working work stations, does Razor not count? Everything worked there.

5 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

That's been a issue for a while, certain objects unload when you get close to them. Only seems to be a visual glitch, as you can still interact with them.

Couple of things I've noticed Khaine, the tires seem to have a much, much higher chance to give tires, and often two at once. Also seeing far more roaming NPC's than before, not that it's an issue. Also, I saw that you corrected trader locations to not have all working work stations, does Razor not count? Everything worked there.

i see (no pun intended). thanks

4 hours ago, Nickguy5467 said:

just started using the new a20 df . i noticed that whenever i get close to something like a bookcase or something else you can make that is already placed in a building just disappears when you get close to it. dont know if its been addressed but here i am

Turn occlusion off.

3 hours ago, Chivalric said:

Tyres are set to 30% but giving them all the time and I dont know why.
Razor doesnt coun't.

Hey Khaine! Huge fan of your mod, but don't have a lot of experience with installing mods and stuff.

I want to be able to keep the vanilla install, but also your DF mod, without having to move the mods folder each time I want to play the vanilla (because I play with friends that like the vanilla). 

Is there a way to do this?