Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

5 hours ago, Nickguy5467 said:

so uh. i found a trader base but it was destroyed when i got there. no trader or anything, walls busted in etc. is that part or the game (finding random dead outposts) or something i have to worry about  DF? being the trader protection taken away

You didn't found a trader, just a POI that looks like a trader at first. But when you open the front gate a bunch of Z's jump at your.

You don't have to be worried about the traders, even when they got killed, they respawn after awhile, and if you like you can reinforce their structures.

20 hours ago, Canute said:

You didn't found a trader, just a POI that looks like a trader at first. But when you open the front gate a bunch of Z's jump at your.

You don't have to be worried about the traders, even when they got killed, they respawn after awhile, and if you like you can reinforce their structures.

luckly the one i found was already open and there was no zombers attack ^_^

Firstly @KhaineGB can I just say like 100s of others DF is an amazing mod and I praise you for it. I was so bored of 7 days to Die and its added new challenges. But I do have an issue which I know has been mentioned on here before but I cannot work out how to do it. How do I remove the spiders? They scare the crap out of me, the noise, their movements. Just no no no.  I know before I think I managed to remove them with a mod (That was the DF version before this one I think?) but I don't think that works now plus I've no idea what the mod was (Mature girl gamer here). I don't mind messing with code, but again need a little guidance to what I'm removing and replacing it with. I'm fairly sure its just the entitygroups.xml but what am I altering?

Any help from anyone would be great and no don't send me to the arachnophobe mod please, I want to remove these bad boys not have 100s of them 😆

On 9/4/2021 at 12:08 AM, VicWint said:

That looks to me like a mod conflict issue.

Do you have any other mods installed in that game? Are they all up-to-date? Do any of them conflict?

Edit:

And where exactly is save folder for a Darkness Falls?

They are a core game thing.

Zombie Bear - Official 7 Days to Die Wiki (fandom.com) has a few comments about them.

No, I have only Darkness Falls.
I dont have it installed from mod launcher, I downloaded that "A19.5 Client Download (Not EAC Friendly)"
Will it work if i download it again from that source and copy it in my folder?

Edited by Vidra53
save folder (see edit history)

4 hours ago, MissBooBooKitty said:

Firstly @KhaineGB can I just say like 100s of others DF is an amazing mod and I praise you for it. I was so bored of 7 days to Die and its added new challenges. But I do have an issue which I know has been mentioned on here before but I cannot work out how to do it. How do I remove the spiders? They scare the crap out of me, the noise, their movements. Just no no no.  I know before I think I managed to remove them with a mod (That was the DF version before this one I think?) but I don't think that works now plus I've no idea what the mod was (Mature girl gamer here). I don't mind messing with code, but again need a little guidance to what I'm removing and replacing it with. I'm fairly sure its just the entitygroups.xml but what am I altering?

Any help from anyone would be great and no don't send me to the arachnophobe mod please, I want to remove these bad boys not have 100s of them 😆

lol this would be something i would be interested in. spiders freak me the heck out, i now make sure i have loud weapons to draw everything out of buildings followed up with molotovs (always kill it with fire)

8 hours ago, MissBooBooKitty said:

There's a modlet to remove them on nexus.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=files&BH=0

17 hours ago, Vidra53 said:

No, I have only Darkness Falls.
I dont have it installed from mod launcher, I downloaded that "A19.5 Client Download (Not EAC Friendly)"
Will it work if i download it again from that source and copy it in my folder?

You should try it out.

BUT completly delete (not uninstall) 7d2d folder, so there are no old files left.

Then reinstal 7d2d  19.5

unzip the DF files into the the Mods folder.

Since you don't use the mod launcher, the world data should be located somewhere else then the install folder, but you should check that before you delete anything.

2 hours ago, Nickguy5467 said:

how does horde night work in DF? ive been playing for a while. the default in menu is 8. but (no argument here) i get what seems endless amount (until it ends) of zombies.

does DF add some kind of multiplier to horde night?

• 7 Day hordes re-done (less game stages so difficulty should ramp up faster and ferals appear sooner).

From the front page

@KhaineGB sure loves his zombies.  So you are going to see more zombies and harder zombies faster.

Romero mod also ramps up the numbers of zombies.  This is why I went with his Romero mod right now.

12 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:
  • 7 Day hordes re-done (less game stages so difficulty should ramp up faster and ferals appear sooner).

From the front page

@KhaineGB sure loves his zombies.  So you are going to see more zombies and harder zombies faster.

Romero mod also ramps up the numbers of zombies.  This is why I went with his Romero mod right now.

makes sense. i can dig it

6 minutes ago, Nickguy5467 said:

makes sense. i can dig it ... i should post after i read things 😛

Are Trader Jen's guards all the right kinds of guards?

In my games, they rarely shoot zombies, where most other guards shoot them. (Or maybe it's that I am encountering Jen in the burnt biome and burn victims are not considered hostile by Jen's guards?)

just found a crossbow that is lvl 61 and its weaker than my current lvl 21 crossbow (no mods). i am confuzzled

curious. it works for me but what is the idea behind your leveling system compared to core's 1,2,3 etc starting at 11 i think

or is it just more levels? i didnt play core all too much before i discovered your mod so i cant compare it that much. maybe just more levels? lol

Edited by Nickguy5467 (see edit history)