Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Good morning, I have a problem installing the mod, look in the previous posts and did not find, when you finish the installation and enter the game my belt appears with a lot of X only in the belt, restart the game, the mod and unsuccessful obtained , but with the same problem?

Rain Catcher. Dig a 3x3 hole, dig 1 deeper in the center. Place Rain Catcher. It will continue to catch water in that basin. Hoe the area 2 wide around the 3x3 hole. Plant and enjoy!

Ahh.. did not know that the rain catcher made it in here. Although, I have not seen any rain in 2 weeks. So this won't effectively solve the problem. Unless it is not reliant on the actual rain..., but I figured, a person that can build a 4x4, laser workbench, gyrocopter, etc..., should have no issue slapping a few pipes together and opening a tap to let water run down to some crops. ( Or at very least fill a bucket of water from said tap )

Edited by Marinxar (see edit history)

First, great work on this mod. After putting in 100+ hours with my buddies on 18.1, we reloaded with DF and it's definitely a new game for us.

Second, and the main reason (besides praise) that brought me here: Unfortunately, each of my server mates and myself are having an issue where we intermittently lose movement in the keyboard and mouse upon loading into our server. Tab still opens the backpack, N skills, M map, etc. But we can't move nor use the mouse. I disabled my controller and it still happens. Sometimes exiting the game completely and then loading it back up works. Other times not. Like I said, we had vanilla 18.1 up for a while, with no issues. Oh, and ALT doesn't fix it, either.

Ahh.. did not know that the rain catcher made it in here. Although, I have not seen any rain in 2 weeks. So this won't effectively solve the problem. Unless it is not reliant on the actual rain..., but I figured, a person that can build a 4x4, laser workbench, gyrocopter, etc..., should have no issue slapping a few pipes together and opening a tap to let water run down to some crops. ( Or at very least fill a bucket of water from said tap )

It is not reliant on rain, just a timer.

nvm.. Went looking for Sniper Rifle, as is the name on the parts and skills, but item is actually called Marksmanship rifle.

I'm no modder, but would love if someone could tell me where to disable the feature about plants needing water. Yeah, I know RL farming and planting, but in this game, for me, it is one of those mundane things that serve no purpose and quickly becomes tedious.

That, or perhaps add a system that connects the working sink to some irrigation pipes. Add a electric pump if need be to balance difficulty or whatnot, but to run around switching buckets and filling and dropping water .... it really feels like a speed hump on a race course.... just doesn't fit in mid-to- late game for me.

Build a rain catcher. They spawn water every X times per day.

Just make sure you put it in a hole below your crops and dig out channels under them. :)

Hey, not complaining at all! I totally understood. May I ask generally then, what would raise the health once lost? Because quite literally nothing I try (other than adding those ranks of course) raises it, food, medpacks, weeks of in-game time, etc. Or is it a permanent loss?

Really enjoying btw :)

Good quality food/drink.

This will be on the UI in Build 4. :)

KhaineGB- One of the perks didn't activate (iron tools) is there a way I would be able to do that to the game counsel? I am on 8.1. B3

Not via console, no. I'll check the perk later but it was working for me.

First, great work on this mod. After putting in 100+ hours with my buddies on 18.1, we reloaded with DF and it's definitely a new game for us.

Second, and the main reason (besides praise) that brought me here: Unfortunately, each of my server mates and myself are having an issue where we intermittently lose movement in the keyboard and mouse upon loading into our server. Tab still opens the backpack, N skills, M map, etc. But we can't move nor use the mouse. I disabled my controller and it still happens. Sometimes exiting the game completely and then loading it back up works. Other times not. Like I said, we had vanilla 18.1 up for a while, with no issues. Oh, and ALT doesn't fix it, either.

@TinkeringGnome

I don't play with this mod but I have the same issue with others. To work around this you need to go in the options > controls and click 'apply' before joining a game, somehow this will fix it.

Oh, so THAT'S how you fix it. I had that problem in vanilla too.

@TinkeringGnome

I don't play with this mod but I have the same issue with others. To work around this you need to go in the options > controls and click 'apply' before joining a game, somehow this will fix it.

Thanks for the input! Does anyone know if you need to hit 'apply' before joining every single time? I shared this with my server mates and it seemed to have worked last night, but my login this morning was met with being stuck in place. Had to Alt F4 kill the game and then went back into controls, applied, and then loaded up fine. Not sure if I should attribute it to the fix, or that it randomly decides to work. Good to know that this isn't a DF issue, but that we just have terrible luck running into it during DF. Going to submit to the bug forums to see.

Thanks for the input! Does anyone know if you need to hit 'apply' before joining every single time? I shared this with my server mates and it seemed to have worked last night, but my login this morning was met with being stuck in place. Had to Alt F4 kill the game and then went back into controls, applied, and then loaded up fine. Not sure if I should attribute it to the fix, or that it randomly decides to work. Good to know that this isn't a DF issue, but that we just have terrible luck running into it during DF. Going to submit to the bug forums to see.

Yes you have to do it everytime before joining a game. It's not foolproof but it has allowed us to be able to play since we do it. Glad it helped. I didn't file the bug because I'm probably going to be told I use too many mods and I don't want to waste another minute filing one.

Edited by uawe92929 (see edit history)

A18.2 version is up and links are here. :)

Client (GitLab): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/dfexperimentala18client/-/archive/master/dfexperimentala18client-master.zip

Server (GitLab): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/dfexperimentala18server/-/archive/master/dfexperimentala18server-master.zip

Made a new repo to see if it helps with download speed. Sphereii is going to update the launcher later :)

EDIT: First post updated with the new links.

Yes you have to do it everytime before joining a game. It's not foolproof but it has allowed us to be able to play since we do it. Glad it helped. I didn't file the bug because I'm probably going to be told I use too many mods and I don't want to waste another minute filing one.

There is another option ... whenever i have anyone get stuck... i simply kick them from the server using the kick "playername" from the console, which allows them to log right back in without problems. ... not the best way, but it is another option =)

EDIT: man i need to refresh the page after a day... sheesh

Edited by praytock (see edit history)

Client (GitLab): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/dfexperimentala18client/-/archive/master/dfexperimentala18client-master.zip

Server (GitLab): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/dfexperimentala18server/-/archive/master/dfexperimentala18server-master.zip

Made a new repo to see if it helps with download speed. Sphereii is going to update the launcher later :)

KhaineGB, YOU sir, are The Man!

Thank you so much man,Much awaited.I mean it's the first time,I will play A18.

And launcher should be working too.

Now, huge FYI, there's a LOT of localization issues. I felt it was more important to get the mod updated and working for A18.2, then fix up the localization later (since fixing that wouldn't need a wipe or anything).

So I apologise for any missing perk descriptions and the like. :)

Just tried this mod for the first time, is there a link with documentation on how to install a dedicated server? I'm guessing the serverconfig.xml will have to be changed. I'm also not sure what to do about the world map. Just trying to find some instructions, thanks.

edit: found the link. Might want to add on the OP :) Great mod btw.

Edited by uawe92929 (see edit history)

And launcher should be working too.

Now, huge FYI, there's a LOT of localization issues. I felt it was more important to get the mod updated and working for A18.2, then fix up the localization later (since fixing that wouldn't need a wipe or anything).

So I apologise for any missing perk descriptions and the like. :)

Launcher not working yet.

Updated main game, and done fresh install on to the new 18.2 version of the game. It took 2h40 minutes to revert it back to 18.1 again :(

EDIT: Deleted everything again, and did another fresh install, and this time it worked. So not sure what happened, but can confirm Launcher works just fine now. Game and Mod updated.

Edited by Marinxar (see edit history)

Hello everyone,

Congratulations on this excellent mod.

Do you think you need to restart a new game with Maj 18.2 knowing that I was in 18.1?

Thank you.

I just continued my 18.1 game mod build 3 game, after updating to 18.2 and new mod, and picked up no issues. I'll let you know if I run in to anything, but since there were no warnings in the startup sequence, I doubt there will be.