Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Dullspoon, great advice, thank you. I did get a little bit of coal from bashing up a boulder! Now I need to figure out where to get bent nails LOL That one should be a bit easier, going to go bust up some furniture and hope for the best.

One think I've noticed though, a lot of textures seem very dull or bland or in some cases they look like blurry patches (mostly seeing this on some of the different ground tiles. This is the only mod I have and I used the recommended ModLauncher to DL, install and launch the game. Could it be because it copied the game files from steam to a different directory where it installed the mod? I'm playing on the high settings option, which is what I was using for the vanilla play I was doing earlier and everything looked amazing then.

I get the same blurry textures with ground - ran across some notes on the Ravenhearst Discord that suggested that you can solve that by turning off texture streaming if you have a decent PC (I suspect that includes at least 16Gb of memory) I have 16Gb in my system and found I was still having problems running short on memory so I turned my textures down to half-size and that helped. I'll try turning off texture streaming tonight and see how that goes. (Update: If you turn off texture streaming you'll have to turn your textures down to quarter-size unless you have more than 16Gb of mem - I started with 3.7Gb used, the game pushed my system to 15.9Gb used and the game load just stalled out - I finally hit Alt-F4 to kill it. Surprisingly the game didn't look bad with textures set that way - then I got busy playing the game and forgot to check the dirt to see if it was blurry! lol. )

Wooden buildings have wooden frames and when you take them apart that will get you bent nails. Destroying kitchen appliances (microwave, toaster, blender) will put that item into your inventory (needed for the Appliance Table). Deconstructing (preferably with a wrench) plumbing and mechanical "stuff" will get you pipes, mech and electrical parts, screws, etc. Chairs and zombie dogs are great for animal hides and leather. Window blinds and "flat" trash can get you plastic. Getting crowbars for retrieving the extra parts out of vehicles - try air drop crates. Some stuff only seems to start dropping as loot when you get to a high enough gamestage/level. Or maybe I just had to have my loot skill (main Adventurer skill) high enough. Also, iron/stainless/tungsten tools get you more types of resources from trees and stone. Tree sap, bees, higher level ores, etc.

Edited by DullSpoon (see edit history)

Sorry 'bout that. When I next loaded the game and searched the skill tree I couldn't find any mention of the Lab Table there. It is also not a schematic. And yet when I search on the Lab Table recipe, I can see it listed. Perhaps that's what it was, the recipe unlocks once you have the Weird Science quest. You have to watch out with quests and make sure you don't start them when your inventory is full - you can lose important items that way.

It seems like when I started that quest, it gave me something. Some item with an icon that looked like colored test tubes maybe? I originally thought it was a component to something, but if you have such an item then try to read it. Maybe that's what unlocked the Lab Table recipe.

I think the quest itself starts with build the Lab Table, then outfit the table, etc. So eventually you're going to need a scalpel, microscope, and something else - sorry haven't finished that quest yet.

Hi, i'm messing around with ravenhearst on single player, and I was wondering if there was a way to make land claims indefinite? I mean I don't mind the changes in difficulty but a max of 10 days before a death can make you spawn anywhere randomly and get you stuck in a death loop does not make for something to do occasionally :/

Patch 5.5.2.1 Hotfix No Wipes Needed

Some small fixes reported by you guys. Remember I am active daily on our Discord to respond and chat with you guys so if you arent there yet head on over. Link is on the first page. We have a great and large helpful community.

Military Crossbow is Now Craftable

Scrap Brass Can Now Be Made in the Chem Station. Recipe Was Missing

Localization Fixes

Added Marauder to Craft Quality Skill

Added Missing Icon for Bug Ka Bob

Added Police Locker Loot Container for Police Station POI

POI Edits to Post Office, Police Station and Fire Stations

Reduced Bag Size of Zombie Loot Bags

Files Changed: loot.xml, items.xml, progression.xml, blocks.xml, JaxTeller718_Stations.unity3d, Localization.txt, SMXmenu Folder, Prefabs Folder

Patch 5.5.2.1 Hotfix No Wipes Needed

Some small fixes reported by you guys. Remember I am active daily on our Discord to respond and chat with you guys so if you arent there yet head on over. Link is on the first page. We have a great and large helpful community.

Can I just replace those files in my 5 5 1 version to get the update without full download?

So... umm... going to make people think I'm a noob or what but here goes. Can anyone point me to what file I need to edit to lower the frequency of zeds? There's.. just... way... to many right now. Like seriously, took me almost 12 hours to walk a short distance from my base because they just kept popping out and coming after me. It really is no fun when you're one guy, trying to scavange but have to fend off 53 (yes, I counted) zeds in such a short distance.

So... umm... going to make people think I'm a noob or what but here goes. Can anyone point me to what file I need to edit to lower the frequency of zeds? There's.. just... way... to many right now. Like seriously, took me almost 12 hours to walk a short distance from my base because they just kept popping out and coming after me. It really is no fun when you're one guy, trying to scavange but have to fend off 53 (yes, I counted) zeds in such a short distance.

File spawning.xml

Sorry 'bout that. When I next loaded the game and searched the skill tree I couldn't find any mention of the Lab Table there. It is also not a schematic. And yet when I search on the Lab Table recipe, I can see it listed. Perhaps that's what it was, the recipe unlocks once you have the Weird Science quest. You have to watch out with quests and make sure you don't start them when your inventory is full - you can lose important items that way.

It seems like when I started that quest, it gave me something. Some item with an icon that looked like colored test tubes maybe? I originally thought it was a component to something, but if you have such an item then try to read it. Maybe that's what unlocked the Lab Table recipe.

I think the quest itself starts with build the Lab Table, then outfit the table, etc. So eventually you're going to need a scalpel, microscope, and something else - sorry haven't finished that quest yet.

Thanks for your explanation.

I have the colored test tubes, but I have not tried to see if that can be read. I will try it.

I might have a full inventory and that's why I don't have the recipe, I don't know, really, but it's a possibility

I will try and if not, I will let her be there to see if the role of the mission comes out again, but I don't know if she will let me read it again if the mission is already underway.

Thank you

Thanks for your explanation.

I have the colored test tubes, but I have not tried to see if that can be read. I will try it.

I might have a full inventory and that's why I don't have the recipe, I don't know, really, but it's a possibility

I will try and if not, I will let her be there to see if the role of the mission comes out again, but I don't know if she will let me read it again if the mission is already underway.

Thank you

Ok, I answer myself. Indeed, the colored test tubes had to be read. I thought it would be for something else, not a recipe. Nor had I noticed that you could read, mostly because they don't look like a recipe.

I have already managed to make the Lab Table and I have continued with the mission

Thank you very much for the help DullSpoon!!

Patch 5.5.3 NO Wipes Needed Game Saves A-OK

Repair Kit Repair Amounts Raised

Dogs No Longer Give Raw Meat

Added Chance of Coffee Beans to Sinks

All Posters Now Sellable (Some Were Missing Tag)

Tool Head Sledgehammer Added to recipe unlock for Sledgehammer during quest

Tree Health dropped by 100

Boulder Health Dropped by 100 but resources lessened from them

Underground Rock Health Lowered. Resources remain the same.

Fixed Hand Models of Beer and Honey Trap Refills

Fixed Icons for Baton and Beehive

Fixed Localization on Beehive

Fertilized Seeds that are planted will now remain fertilized when harvested. So it is a one time harvest. If you pick the seed up and replant it it will NOT remain fertilized so if you move your seeds you will need to recraft fertilized versions.

Near Death Buff Reworked. Now you will lose only 30 percent Stamina instead of 50, XP Gains will be cut by 90 percent but the effect will last only 10 minutes instead of 15 minutes.

Reduced Amount of Bear Fur Needed for Bear Rug

Various Health Adjustments on Zombies to make them more unique

All Animals will now drop 1 of their respective hide. Wolf will drop 1 Wolf Hide, Rabbit will drop 1 Rabbit Hide. These hides can be cured in the drying rack to make Animal Hide. Each animal hide gives back differing amounts. For Example 1 Rabbit Hide = 1 Animal Hide but 1 Stag Hide = 6 Animal Hide

Removed a set of tree seeds to streamline tree planting

Added Custom Decor to Funeral Homes and Mortuaries

Adjusted stats on Insects in can and jar so they are a bit better

Military Crossbow Zoom Adjusted

Tungsten and Stainless Steel mats in recipes adjusted properly

Vehicles should now use the Vehicle Repair Kits to repair now

What am I doing wrong when I add new movies to the Theaterscreens/resources folder? I've tried:

naming to video03

reencoding to mp4

adjusting resolution to be 480x320 in order to match the other video file resolutions

renamed the new video to video02

Even when I rename the original video02.mp4 to a .bak extension it still plays it after restarting the server. Frankly, I'm out of ideas.

edit: again nevermind I'll check in with the modlet folks

Edited by Bigworm (see edit history)

5.5.3 : I found a paradox : To craft the Drying Rack, i need an animal hide, but for craft an animal hide, i need the drying rack (because all animal give their respective hide, and not the "animal hide" item). So i must found an animal hide somewhere first (in loot) ? Or it is just forgotten ? Maybe i must find a Drying Rack somewhere too ?

Edited by Skyderow (see edit history)

5.5.3 : I found a paradox : To craft the Drying Rack, i need an animal hide, but for craft an animal hide, i need the drying rack (because all animal give their respective hide, and not the "animal hide" item). So i must found an animal hide somewhere first (in loot) ? Or it is just forgotten ? Maybe i must find a Drying Rack somewhere too ?

Dogs drop generic animal hide, use your stone/bone knife on one.

Well, it must just be me but how is the gas can (empty) supposed to work? I equip the can (which has a value of 315), go to a gas pump, right click but nothing happens. No feedback on what I'm missing.

You must equip the gas can (empty) on your toolbelt and right click on the gas pump with it a couple of times. When playing I never faced a broken gas pump, so I'm not sure if there can be one of these spawning as well.

Also, be sure to have at least 50 units of gas can (empty) available to be able to start the gas pump filling process or it won't work. Pretty sure that it should take about 2-3 in game days (depends on a value set in blocks.xml for gas pump filling block).

Hope this helps.

This mod looks great,

I have tried looking online for the instructions to install,and every time it does not work. I only play this either single player or by hosing a game from my laptop and my friend joins it.

My question being: how do I install as I have been using the 5.3.3 sp/client version and copying the files directly into my install directory.

It also says in description that EAC must be disabled for it to work - i honestly have no idea what this is or if this is the reason it wont work.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Tommy