Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I don't know I kind of like that underground is a bit safe. Mining is tedious and having to worry about hazards while doing it would be a real pain, and you need those resources. Also, if you want to get creative it's a great place for it. My friend made this huge underground city. First, he carved out a huge cavern then build a hotel, bar, houses, stores, and so on. It was spectacular. He even brought in water made a underground lake with a couple boats on it. Plus, he had a highway underground connecting it to other places like traders, his base, and killing ground (took him months). For testing things out and just having fun building underground is the only place in the game to do that.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind seeing some video on this. :)

You know if you wanted to do that on the surface without the um... distractions (zombies). Your all your friend would have to do is disable zombies on the game menu.

Welcome to the forums by the way.

MM said no cows, indeed. He didn`t say anything about flying cows.

Btw, do you remember the sharknado, where Joel tested it and laughed ? This was fun :))

I would rather have a zombienado like they had in Z Nation. At least that would fit thematically with the game.

Wow, builder of the year award goes to your friend. That's impressive. You got any footage of this?

Wish I did. But, the game stated to get glitchy and kept crashing after one of the updates so we had to erase everything and reinstall. We both use linux so steam can be a real pain sometimes about leaving old files and basically corrupting your new install with old files. So it's just gone. We were both new to the game and didn't even know you could record, plus even if we did since neither of us stream or put video on youtube there wasn't much point. It was really just for the joy of doing it. Right now he has a new underground base with barracks, a living room, kitchen, bedroom, it's not bad but nothing epic like his last one. I think having to kill it took some of the fun out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

We both prefer to play the game too. The building is just bonus. Something to do at night while not mining.

Here is the link:

http://joelhuenink.tumblr.com/image/157957893938

From what i remember it was more of a joke back then. It was something back in A16.

lol Wow. I remember it now. Thanks.

you wouldn't happen to remember some time ago when Alpha 15 (I think) was getting ready to be released and people were complaining?

This player did this story comical of Madmole sitting in his office. Acting out him reviewing comments about players while drinking from an oversized cup of coffee.

The player had one person stand up and say something about waiting and Madmole punching him into orbit?

then ending with saying that this player is still gaming on. lol. I wish that I could find it but I don't know how to find it.

lol Wow. I remember it now. Thanks.

you wouldn't happen to remember some time ago when Alpha 15 (I think) was getting ready to be released and people were complaining?

This player did this story comical of Madmole sitting in his office. Acting out him reviewing comments about players while drinking from an oversized cup of coffee.

The player had one person stand up and say something about waiting and Madmole punching him into orbit?

then ending with saying that this player is still gaming on. lol. I wish that I could find it but I don't know how to find it.

I don't actually remember that video. Unless you mean the "Hitler" videos that pop up every alpha. Maybe try google.

I don't actually remember that video. Unless you mean the "Hitler" videos that pop up every alpha. Maybe try google.

Close but this was all text and no Hitler. Tried Google but not sure if I have a big enough quote.

- - - Updated - - -

You can see footage of it

Yeah about two seconds worth... oh well... thanks anyway.

Here are some screenshots from it as he was building.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24123[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24124[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24125[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24126[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24127[/ATTACH]

Edit: Sorry these are from his first draft on the PS4. He doesn't have any from his better version.

Spacious, decorated, homey... I like it :)

Here are some screenshots from it as he was building.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24123[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24124[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24125[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24126[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]24127[/ATTACH]

Edit: Sorry these are from his first draft on the PS4. He doesn't have any from his better version.

Wow nice. Somebody has a lot of time on there hands. lol.

What do you do about farming?

talking about options.. what do u think of making cars respawn as an option?

In some way there have to be endgame, giving the oportunity to have unlimited amount of engines and batteries kind of poops the fact that life ends.

And if, of course you dont mind to switch to creative mode, this option is pointless.

In some way there have to be endgame, giving the oportunity to have unlimited amount of engines and batteries kind of poops the fact that life ends.

And if, of course you dont mind to switch to creative mode, this option is pointless.

once they did the work, usualy takes a year to redone it. recognise, they often didnt care much about details. (only in textures)

guys i think the healthbar is on easy mode

Leave it live it`s life man. It is part of us.

- - - Updated - - -

once they did the work, usualy takes a year to redone it. recognise, they often didnt care much about details. (only in textures)

What ? :)

Archived