[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

How to disable survivors?

I am having huge fps drops when survivors (friendly AI) do anything specially when there is more than 2 of them, and there are at least 3 of them all the time. So I wonder if there is a way to disable them w/o disabling raiders (hostile AI)?

A lot as in more than 1 hunk of the tasty stuff, or a lot as in lots of zombies carry this as a snack?

Just a lot of zombies with nothing but a single lump of meat jn their loot.

Quick suggestion; remove ability to craft cloth in inventory and add a cotton wheel work station. Maybe its a bad idea, just thinking out loud.

Colonial times zombie simulator 2017.

Quick suggestion; remove ability to craft cloth in inventory and add a cotton wheel work station. Maybe its a bad idea, just thinking out loud.

Great idea

Zombies drop mostly junk, and rotten meat is a very common member of the junk group. This is a mod design choice: to limit the farming of zombies for important stuff (other than exp).

If I was the god of the spiders, I would eliminate most backpack crafting and make you at least find a log to make that stone ax on. Maybe someday......

Great idea though, maybe..maybe soon.

Great work Spider love the new mod. First time I played I died 6 times by day 3. I do miss the faster walking zombies. I actually feel it is too easy to outrun zombies now. I still feel that your leveling system works well. For people who struggle they should remember they can adjust skill levels and other settings. I upped loot to 200%. I play on warrior, 18 hour daylight, and 120 minute clock. If I'm not busy crafting/building at night I quit and switch to 10 minute clock to get through the night faster. I can see people playing faster clock times may find the mod too challenging. The last seed I started all the animals attacked me when I shoot them is that normal? One deer was a zombie deer but most were just regular animals. I have noticed that there have been fewer buildings is that because of where I spawn or are there just fewer? Overall your mod is still the best. Never make it easier!

So I summoned another screamer horde. I really hope they are adjusted by the game stage. Because the horde that came was... never before experienced by me. If it is my high game stage to blame it is OK, but if every screamer horde is gonna be like this, then there is no chance for a mid level player nor any base can hold against them, unless used every exploit (underground bases etc). Lets see how it goes.

So I summoned another screamer horde. I really hope they are adjusted by the game stage. Because the horde that came was... never before experienced by me. If it is my high game stage to blame it is OK, but if every screamer horde is gonna be like this, then there is no chance for a mid level player nor any base can hold against them, unless used every exploit (underground bases etc). Lets see how it goes.

More details on this screamer horde?

Its not by gamestage, its by game day. So as the days go by the chance of a screamer calling really bad groups of zeds continues to increase. I imagine your on a high game day so you probably getting the worst of it. Or maybe one notch down, shrug.

This new dynamic will probably need some adjusting. It just about how much time players get to level and prepare before the heat is turned up. Of course, you should try real hard to avoid attracting the attention of scouts. The days of intentionally running multiple forges to call one is over.

Day is almost 700, good luck new players joining the server.

Yeah, I'm thinking if its past day 14 they might need assistance. Good news is at day 700 your getting the worst of it, so if your still alive, cheers!

Seriously though, at your advanced game point your impression of the end state is very important. Let us know what works and what could be improved.

Day is almost 700, good luck new players joining the server.

Maybe I will take a look at the zombie horde spawns, next. The whole day thing is meant to give new players a chance, but on servers it clearly is not. Maybe I can find/expose some new options, there.

Like, spawn zombies by party game stage.

Mod Update-

Save Game Safe

Server and Player XML and Icon/ Player .dll also

New Wood harvesting system.

Trees drop Wood Logs, Narrow Logs and Branches (and other neat things)

You no longer craft sticks, instead all wooden things scrap to sticks

All Backpack, Duffle Bags and Purses can be broken and picked up and used as storage containers or scraped for cloth.

All Trash Piles can be broken and picked up and used as containers or scraped for plastic.

Fixed the new player crafted locked containers destruction loot

Added two new unlocked early building blocks. They are a 1x3 Plank and a 2x5 Plank (they are the sign meshes made into blocks) they can support building and walking on. Can be used early before you can craft other blocks. Can be used to board up windows, doors or even make an early hut.

Fixed Screamer alert sound

Made all Survivors (followers) wander when not busy

Lowered some weapon XP gains

Fixed new “Junk Scrap” to all scrap to at least 1 base item

Added and fixed a lot of icons and descriptions

New system for leveling Hunting Skill-

No longer do any knives level hunting they all went back to Bladed Weapon

Now when harvesting a dead animals body you will get a Hunting Trophy. It is a different item for each animal. You can use the Hunting Trophy to craft Bones. Doing this will give you Hunting XP. Different animals give different amounts of Hunting XP

Scorpion and Snake animal traps also drop meat now

Increased the Buck and Boars attack speed and lowered their damage

Adjusted animal spawning proportions

Animal Gore no longer disappears on its own and must be destroyed

Fixed Fish meat drops

Fixed Fishing Trash bag loot

Doubled all Fishing Lure Buff times

New Features-

Anti-Nerd-pole is fixed

Part one of trying to keep you online and involved. The Carrot- Bonus XP System! Players will receive X2 Zombie killing bonus for killing any zombie at night. Player will receive X5 Zombie killing bonus for killing any Horde Zombie (this is Blood Moon, Wandering and Screamer Hordes). This bonus stacks so if you are brave enough to challenge the 7th Night Horde you will receive X10 Zombie killing bonus. (This is all only on zombie death and goes to player level)

Zombie Armor! Yes our armor might be worthless but we got the zombies armor working. We don’t have any Zombies using it in this build but zombies with helmets, military gear and maybe even a zombie that’s had melted metal poured on him will be visting a . The armor will work like the other materials in game. If the zombie has iron armor on and you try and hit him with a wooden club it wouldn’t do any damage. This means late game you will need those bullets.

@unlike them-

Because the server map is so old it is on the highest spawn setting. What you are facing is my Hell Legion. It is my strongest Legion wave which means its a infantry type group, but they still are not the Hungry Zombies yet. I havent put them in yet.

@unlike them-

Because of the server map is so old it is on the highest spawn setting. What you are facing is my Hell Legion. It is my strongest Legion wave which means its a infantry type group.

An infantry group with no effective armor.....yet.

I am having huge fps drops when survivors (friendly AI) do anything specially when there is more than 2 of them, and there are at least 3 of them all the time. So I wonder if there is a way to disable them w/o disabling raiders (hostile AI)?

Go into your video options and lower your UMA textures.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taking suggestions for steps of progression for horde night. By that I mean on what day things should tick up to the next level of difficulty from my Army. Like

28/63/147/203/315/406

??

Nice update guys. Gonna fire up my PC to test it out at almost 5 am :D

And for the progression.. You really shouldn't do any of that before day 30. Looking at Skippy's videos he only got his iron tools at around day 35... So, increase all values by 7?

Edit: I meant Skippy, not Spider lol

This night I was sleeping and seeing nightmares about screamer hordes coming and destroying my base. Oh Spider what are you doing to us! :)

I am not complaining, as a high level I can handle them (hardly) and I always have the option to hop on my bike and run. But I feel pity for low-mid level players. Can those spawns be adjusted by Game Stage? I heard those Game Stage take into account the player level, how often he dies and if he is in a team.

Animals giving nullReferenceException error

Can confirm. Butchering/hunting is bugged after the update.

EDIT: small and large logs craft a ton of wood, way more than you typically get from a tree.

A large pine typically gave around 250 wood i think, now you get almost 600 wood from one.

Just finished Day 42 horde night....ummm....wow....that was ALOT of zombies! Like at least 2x more at the same time than i have seen during previous horde nights. I'm unsure if that was due to the advancing date on our game or changes made to the mod very recently, but it was way more than my system could handle. Slide show shuffle as i tried to keep myself alive while my buddy did all the killing until dawn (his computer is new and runs the server for our game with no lag). The horde didn't seem to thin out like we usually see either. Zombies were streaming at us until the sun rose. Thank god for the rings of barbed wire we laid down around our base.

Hopefully we can find a balance that allows a challenge during horde nights without needing so many zombies at the same time. If the following horde nights have similar or even larger quantities it will make the mod unplayable for me unfortunately.

I was having a great game until I was brought down by the deadly null reference exception error. Died 4 times while being attacked by deer, pigs, spiders. The error pops up and I get killed. Is there anyway to avoid or fix this error? I can't get NPC allies to follow anymore or butcher an animal without getting the error.

Archived