[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Its really just a free block issue. This mod is very close to maxing out till A16. It may even be maxed out, need to check again.

Edit: Well, I was way wrong. There are lots of free blocks, just could not make that out until I sorted the file by ID numbers.

But then I see a problem the 'natural' containers have very limited storage space and not worth as furniture. And they are not lockable (not really a problem). And maybe they can be exploited if they spawn items, not sure about it though.

This is exactly why the new containers cant be the old containers. And do get exploited, players craft them to get spawned loot, then trash them, then make more, cycle continues

New player made containers have to be new ID's

Spiderbite = death by dehydration.

Day 1 and as usual I get bitten by a spider as I was backing up from a zombie. I should of just suicided right there but I decided to tough it out.

Not only did I have to suffer the constant stamina drain but now I my thirst meter meter ticked down continuously.

I was no where near water and trying to deal with zombies, gather resources, find a place to survive the night + find a water source I could contantly drink from not only killed me quicler than the old way but on top of the -10 heath hit from dying I had another -7 from the contain wellness drain of teh poison.

Next time I'll just jump off a cliff since that males more sense at day 1 than trying to ride the poison out.

Spiderbite = death by dehydration.

Day 1 and as usual I get bitten by a spider as I was backing up from a zombie. I should of just suicided right there but I decided to tough it out.

Not only did I have to suffer the constant stamina drain but now I my thirst meter meter ticked down continuously.

I was no where near water and trying to deal with zombies, gather resources, find a place to survive the night + find a water source I could contantly drink from not only killed me quicler than the old way but on top of the -10 heath hit from dying I had another -7 from the contain wellness drain of teh poison.

Next time I'll just jump off a cliff since that males more sense at day 1 than trying to ride the poison out.

Agreed, stage 1 of a spider bite is really bad if you aren't well established with supplies.

Bandana material cost is 2 cloth, they scrap for 2 cloth, and scrap faster than they are crafted.

So someone can basically sit at an armor table and craft a continuous stream of them till they reach whatever level they desire, as they return the same exp as any other clothing item.

Should probably either half their scrap return or lengthen their scrap time.

How is ---2% reduction in speed, -1 water every 4sec, +5 core temp, -0.1 wellness every 5min--- for 30 min a death sentence? You could chew on a one stim and eat a snow ball every 3 min and you would negate all those symptoms. With all the medical/buff things in the game now there is a ton of ways to effect your players stats. You just have to get creative. You have smoking, stimulants, pot, red bull, snowballs, shots, beds, wetting your head, creams, pills, bandages and more. Don't look at it as "look I'm poisoned. If i don't get anti venom I'm screwed" Look at it like if you don't have the cure fight the symptoms. If your temp goes up dump water on your head, eat snowballs. If you get a stam drain take a stam boost. If it makes you cold get warm. If its taking wellness take a vitamin or a stim. I designed it so even without the cure you can work through it if you try. Some stages will give other buffs. These Symptoms can be treated and cured without anti-venom, as a way to lessen the negative effects on a player that is trying to survive.

Something's wrong with the gas pump loot list. I looted 2 and got a lifetime supply of gas (each had several stacks of 5000).

Also, is the loot generated once the POI spawns in, or once the container is opened? If it's the latter, there's still a chance of none for gun safes (cause I found one empty in a POI that was generated much earlier) - I thought that was changed, but if that only meant the munitions boxes and military vehicles, please disregard.

Is there no perk to unlock the king size bed recipe, do I have to find a schematic or am I just blind? I can't find it in the skill list, only can see one for the old bed.

How is ---2% reduction in speed, -1 water every 4sec, +5 core temp, -0.1 wellness every 5min--- for 30 min a death sentence? You could chew on a one stim and eat a snow ball every 3 min and you would negate all those symptoms. With all the medical/buff things in the game now there is a ton of ways to effect your players stats. You just have to get creative. You have smoking, stimulants, pot, red bull, snowballs, shots, beds, wetting your head, creams, pills, bandages and more. Don't look at it as "look I'm poisoned. If i don't get anti venom I'm screwed" Look at it like if you don't have the cure fight the symptoms. If your temp goes up dump water on your head, eat snowballs. If you get a stam drain take a stam boost. If it makes you cold get warm. If its taking wellness take a vitamin or a stim. I designed it so even without the cure you can work through it if you try. Some stages will give other buffs. These Symptoms can be treated and cured without anti-venom, as a way to lessen the negative effects on a player that is trying to survive.

But water isn't terribly common and you can run into a situation where you get bit, night is falling, low on water, and you have to take shelter and hope you don't dehydrate before dawn, or risk running up a mountain at night to get snow.

Personally I feel some of the problems could be negated by making the water drop a little slower so if you are bitten with low water you aren't getting advanced dehydration within minutes. There's also the issue Imentioned before that dehydration is a silent killer, it's kinda easy to get caught up managing inventory and not notice you're dehydration is draining your HP.

Something's wrong with the gas pump loot list. I looted 2 and got a lifetime supply of gas (each had several stacks of 5000).

Also, is the loot generated once the POI spawns in, or once the container is opened? If it's the latter, there's still a chance of none for gun safes (cause I found one empty in a POI that was generated much earlier) - I thought that was changed, but if that only meant the munitions boxes and military vehicles, please disregard.

Is there no perk to unlock the king size bed recipe, do I have to find a schematic or am I just blind? I can't find it in the skill list, only can see one for the old bed.

Can confirm this bug. Here is a screenshot of a gas pump containing lots of gas

359563341_gasbug.jpg.bb4749fa50ec3ff228db31b3ff8dd070.jpg

Bandana material cost is 2 cloth, they scrap for 2 cloth, and scrap faster than they are crafted.

So someone can basically sit at an armor table and craft a continuous stream of them till they reach whatever level they desire, as they return the same exp as any other clothing item.

Should probably either half their scrap return or lengthen their scrap time.

I tried that, but the xp gain was so low, I thought it was not really an exploit and didn't report it.

But water isn't terribly common and you can run into a situation where you get bit, night is falling, low on water, and you have to take shelter and hope you don't dehydrate before dawn, or risk running up a mountain at night to get snow.

Personally I feel some of the problems could be negated by making the water drop a little slower so if you are bitten with low water you aren't getting advanced dehydration within minutes. There's also the issue Imentioned before that dehydration is a silent killer, it's kinda easy to get caught up managing inventory and not notice you're dehydration is draining your HP.

Which is exactly my situation - bit at the start of day one and was dead from dehydration by the start of day two because didn't find enough water sources to keep me from dehydration.

And I din't think it is just for 30 mintues, it countines on with the other stages as well.

Can confirm this bug. Here is a screenshot of a gas pump containing lots of gas

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19782[/ATTACH]

Sorry guys, fixed in next patch. If you want to fix yourself for now, search the loot.xml file for loot container id="64" and change this entry:

<lootcontainer id="64" count="30,500" size="8,4" sound_open="UseActions/open_chest" sound_close="UseActions/close_chest" open_time="30">

<item group="gasPumps" count="1" />

</lootcontainer>

to this entry:

<lootcontainer id="64" count="1" size="8,4" sound_open="UseActions/open_chest" sound_close="UseActions/close_chest" open_time="30">

<item group="gasPumps" count="1" />

</lootcontainer>

Meanwhile, enjoy the free gas.

I tend to agree with this as well. A spider bite on day 1 will drain 450 points of water over a 30 minute period. a bottle of water replenished 20. So on day 1 gathering and if river water, processing over 20 bottles of water seems unlikely unless your near snow, which restores 1 water, or 20 if boiled in a can (we should change that recipe to 10-20 snow for each can or bottle of water).

Isn't the mining resources a bit weird? Like all i find in caves is coal. Why do we need so much coal for? Not that you need any gunpowder at first. Tried different biomes looking for iron and had no luck. I know you can farm plenty of it from scraping cars and houses but i had a little hope i could do some mining without the steel tools with my recently acquired auger.

Also i was thinking maybe i'd be interesting to add a recipe system similar to valmod's, where you can scrap recipes that you already know in order to gain skill points. I say this cause i found lots of handlebars, shotgun and cooking recipes that i turn into paper. Maybe could be useful if those recipes increase experience on the related skill. For example the shotgun recipe in case you already know it would increase gun smiting by 1 point.

And last i'm finding a strange bug. Some structures that were damaged before last patch are mighty and i can't break them. Don't actually know if it is mod related or even just my game. Never happened to me before nor i see people talking about it.

@vic21

- I think iron ore is made hard to find on purpose. From my experience, you can either find it in some biomes near bedrock, or near surface in wasteland biome.

- True Survival has a better mechanic for that, it has magazines that give you experience when read ('crafted'). For example hunting magazines when 'crafted' give you hunting experience. You can find them everywhere.

- This bug happens after the recent update. You can destroy the bugged block if you repair it first. Or you can remove the surrounding blocks to let it fall and self-destroy.

Hi again Dude! I appreciate your help

-I get that iron shouldn't be hard to find just i hope i stop finding coal everywhere lol. I'll try in wasteland though i wanted to stay out of it as much as possible.

- Yeah i know about the magazines and they are great of course. Just wondering if there was a way of known common recipes are still something you are happy to find.

-Sweet advice! Don't know why i didn't try that!

And last i'm finding a strange bug. Some structures that were damaged before last patch are mighty and i can't break them. Don't actually know if it is mod related or even just my game. Never happened to me before nor i see people talking about it.

- This bug happens after the recent update. You can destroy the bugged block if you repair it first. Or you can remove the surrounding blocks to let it fall and self-destroy.

-Sweet advice! Don't know why i didn't try that!

This seems like quite a world-breaking bug, no? Horde tower or base was damaged, and is now invulnerable?

This should only effect single blocks that were damaged to the degree that when Spider reduced the block hit points globally that those blocks went into negative numbers. So no POIs would be invuneral unless every or most blocks were damaged before.

I have been playing True Survival the last few days. A friend wanted to join so I updated to the latest file so that we had the same version. When going into my saved game I noticed that all blocks durability changed. Example Concrete from 30K to 3K.

I started a new game and got the same result. Just wondering if this was by design or if somehow the files got messed up??

I have been playing True Survival the last few days and noticed that the block durability has changed. Example concrete from 30k to 3k. This seemed to effect most blocks in the world. I was wondering if this was intended or if something went wrong with my game files?

Yes there was a patch, block durability and tools damage were scaled proportially, so generally you shoul not see the difference. But if you see any bugs, report them here.

Bug-Healing buff /no heal with food

I have the healing buff on at all time and the warm by fire buff. It does not actually heal me or warm me though, its just there. I cant however heal up by eating food. I can heal with bandages and painkillers etc.

Not sure what kind of information i need to provide to help you find the cause.

regards,

Flanders

After the last update the Horde night lag i have been experiencing seems much improved. I can't say for sure that it was the update specifically that improved things since i still dont know what caused the problem originally but day 21 and 28 performance was alot better.

Archived