[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Yeah no need to be passive aggressive over it.

I'm not even reporting the same thing.

I'm reporting that everytime I exit the game I cannot start it again without having to delete all my files and reinstall them.

Hey Mopop. Sorry that you are having a trouble. With True Survival SDX highlighted in the 7D2D Mod Launcher, can you click on the View menu, then go to Log Files? In there, you'll find a drop down box for the game's output.txt along with an Upload Log file button. Once clicked, it'll give you a pastebin link.

I'm wondering if Spider's post about the SMX mod is actually the problem. Are you playing multiplayer or single player?

The reason why, is that the SMX mod error seems to occur on multiplayer games. Normally, you have to force close the game in order to kill the game. If the game is still running, then the Launcher would have trouble copying the files over, since they are open.

If you check Task Managed, and see 7daystodie.exe still running, would you mind End Task it, then try the loading the mod again?

Possible bug or I'm doing something wrong.

Soldier quest, make a blunderbuss + ammo.

I made the ammo (while watching) and cleared that part of the quest, however when I make the blunderbuss itself the quest does not complete. I've tried it while watching it from start to finish and while not in the crafting menu. Am I doing something wrong here? Does it need to be made somewhere other than the backpack?

I'm sure it is not so. If you block the output slots then when you enter the workstation you get the crafted item, the experience for crafting it, and the quest count.

Ok, tried this, blocking all output slots only halts a single job in the current batch, this means if you stick in 20 to be done in a single task, it will craft 19, then halt the entire batch till you next open the seed nursery. If you have space in your pack, it will throw the single block of fertilizer in and move onto crafting the next one.

So effectively you can pick up each job prior to it being finished which is good, but you still need to go into the nursery 20 times to collect each one [leaving the appropriate time in between jobs of course]

Its still WAAAAAAAY beyond any form of punishment fitting for such a menial reward [or tutorial lesson for that matter] and serves no purpose as such in its current form.

Ok, tried this, blocking all output slots only halts a single job in the current batch, this means if you stick in 20 to be done in a single task, it will craft 19, then halt the entire batch till you next open the seed nursery. If you have space in your pack, it will throw the single block of fertilizer in and move onto crafting the next one.

So effectively you can pick up each job prior to it being finished which is good, but you still need to go into the nursery 20 times to collect each one [leaving the appropriate time in between jobs of course]

Its still WAAAAAAAY beyond any form of punishment fitting for such a menial reward [or tutorial lesson for that matter] and serves no purpose as such in its current form.

Aaaaand its just the way its meant to be.

You find a way to do it in a way to look 20 times in that bench and feel like i did it and cheated in kind of way.

It's not meant to be easy or any kind of fair, if you find a way then thank yourself to get it easy way.

And hopefully report to get it fixed so others can't use that easy way ;)

Oh my, this one will be so hard some day I even might consider if it will be worth the admin my server for public...

Aaaand if I do then it will so much fun to get all complaints from noobs that it even might be even after all ;)

Hehe, keep going Spider & Team, we'll love your work

Aaaaand its just the way its meant to be.

Tedium or monotony in no way constitutes intelligent or engaging game mechanics.

Also, if you have been reading, the mechanic in question is 'supposed' to be a tutorial.

oh, and welcome to the 7dtd forums :)

Reporting a couple of bugs:

*The leather armor skill lists Leather Duster as one of the recipes to teach, but you don't learn the recipe from buying the skill.

*Honey does not cure bioinfection stage 1, like it's supposed to according to the descriptions. (tried several times)

*Steel helmet makes the head inside the helmet disappear, and instead adds tiny red floating eyes. This must be a joke right ? :p

*When using red hot pipe, a male character makes a female scream sound. (Np if this was inteded)

*When reading skill magazines, you don't always get a level up. I think this needs some further testing, and i dont know if it's inteded to be like this but i thought i'd report it anyway.

*Also one more weird thing i wanted to report. I had a random death out of the blue, that's hard to figure out how it was caused. I was walking on a road, had full hp and more than half hunger and thirst. There was also no gun shot or any zombie. Most likely reason was that the Z-virus killed me, which was the only negative status effect. I got the Z-virus only a few game hours earlier, when i was running with some feral zombies. There was also no counter towards next stage. Has anyone else had somethign similar happen? Could also be some other bug that caused it, no clue.

*When reading skill magazines, you don't always get a level up. I think this needs some further testing, and i dont know if it's inteded to be like this but i thought i'd report it anyway.

Pretty sure this is intentional, the books reward a number of XP, this will not always be sufficient to cause a level up.

Ok if anyone wants to help here's a group project for you.

One of Xyth's ideas is to add a bunch of junk to the loot table lol. No really thats his idea hehehe . Anyway. We will be removing any"scrap" from loot tables and replacing it with "junk Scrap". We will start with 3 for each scrap group. For example. No longer will you find broken glass but maybe a Old Picture Frame, Compact Mirror or perfume bottle. Then you could scrap these items into scrap glass and maybe some items like the picture frame for example, could also have a choice of glass or 2 wood sticks. So lets start simple with 3 items for each.

Iron

Lead

Brass

Stone

Wood

Paper

Cloth

Plastic

Electronic

Electric

Mechanical

Rubber

Steel

Think thats it

And these would get cool icons and help make looting feel more like looting a house or office than looting a scrap

yard.

Here's some from me-

Gameboy -Plastic/Electronic

Picture Frame - Glass/Wood

Teddy Bear - Cotton/Cloth

Barbie - Rubber

Coffee Mug- Stone

Alarm Clock - Plastic/Electronic

Ipod- Plastic

Laptop - electronic/electric

Tablet - electronic/electric

Dinner Plate - stone

stapler - metal/mechanical

CD - Plastic

Bible - paper

Tampon - paper

Small Rug - cloth

Toilet Paper - paper

statue - stone

Toaster -metal/electric

This is an awesome idea. You might even go so far as to have loot specific to a container.

For example:

Desks - Rubber bands (rubber), Paper clips (scrap iron), paperweight (scrap iron), family picture frame (wood/paper/glass), Documents (paper) [What about a rare chance of a combination on a piece of paper that enables you to unlock one desk/wall safe for free]

You could seperate cabinets into kitchen and bathroom (though this would require redoing a ton of POIs) and adding more specific loot there as well.

Just spit balling. Ideally I would love to see an item be able to be broken down into multiple base components ala Fallout 4. I doubt it will happen in vanilla though. =/

Small icon update for the mod server and client. All items should have icons now

@TSBX-

In theory you could make a workstation like Fallout where you put all your crafting materials in and it would separate them based on their material just like the forge does lead , iron and clay. You could have one with Mechanical parts, Electric Parts, Plastic Parts and so on then you could have recipes like fall out 2 X Adhesive + 3 X metal and so on

lots of changes this time looks like i missed something any ideas on this error on server start up.

doesn't appear to be pointing to a valid location

Unable to open archive file: .../7D2D_tsSDX_server2/7DaysToDieServer_Data/../Data/Bundles/BlockTextureAtlases

(Filename: Line: 475)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

The structure look slike it should be pointing to "BlockTextureAtlasesD"

in this folder "/7D2D_tsSDX_server2/Data/Bundles/"

but the error points to the

"7D2D_tsSDX_server2/7DaysToDieServer_Data/../Data/Bundles/" which doesnt exist

If I scrap an old revolver will I keep the ammo? Is there any way to unload an old revolver?

So far getting bit by a spider is an almost guaranteed death sentence for me if I'm away from camp, due to the way dehydration quietly kills you, quickly and quietly drains health if you don't keep track of it, kinda creeps up without warning, no desaturated screen or white noise, just dead.

Small icon update for the mod server and client. All items should have icons now

@TSBX-

In theory you could make a workstation like Fallout where you put all your crafting materials in and it would separate them based on their material just like the forge does lead , iron and clay. You could have one with Mechanical parts, Electric Parts, Plastic Parts and so on then you could have recipes like fall out 2 X Adhesive + 3 X metal and so on

Hmm, thats good thinking... You'd still be limited to one material per item though, right?

Hmm, thats good thinking... You'd still be limited to one material per item though, right?

No. The forge has an internal storage of various materials...the crafting menu integral to the forge can utilize any number of the internal storage items.

No. The forge has an internal storage of various materials...the crafting menu integral to the forge can utilize any number of the internal storage items.

Crafting yes, but you can't melt down/dismantle on a new workstation a shovel to get both iron and wood, which is what I'm trying to achieve.

Crafting yes, but you can't melt down/dismantle on a new workstation a shovel to get both iron and wood, which is what I'm trying to achieve.

Pretty sure you can make anything you like return (multiple items included) from 'scrapping' through xml.

Pretty sure you can make anything you like return (multiple items included) from 'scrapping' through xml.

Do you have a working example? As far as I know scrapping is based on the material and weight stated in the item's entry in items.xml. If I'm wrong I'd happily admit it, but I don't think I am.

I want to repeat my humble request for some craftable furniture:

refrigerator (349)

beverage cooler (1261)

bookcase (725) or (737)

file cabinet (623)

lockers (626)

medicine cabinet (286)

cupboard (1075)

please make them have 8x8 storage space, like other craftable storage boxes.

Also we already can craft wallsafe (367), but can you make it 8x8 storage?

Archived