[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

The burnt zombies are the most noticeable as we usually only see these in volume during horde nights but it could be some other difference we haven't noticed. I'm not sure which zombies are UMA ones to watch for. I play at very low settings on my older machine so UMA textures are set at the bottom already. The other computer that's acting as server is a brand new beast of a machine that can handle any new game at max graphics settings with plenty of power to spare. It experiences zero lag issues at all times except during horde night. We let three screamers summon a massive group of zombies (more than we ever see on horde nights) and had no lag issues at all. There is something particular about day 14 and beyond horde nights that is triggering the lag we just can't pin down what yet. What is different between day 7 horde night and the later ones? I know there is an escalation of zombie types but assume the volume doesn't change all that much.

So, the farmers profession quest of 'make 20 fertilizer' means you have to stand next to a seed nursery for almost 20 minutes to get them all checked off and complete the quest, its not a very engaging activity and should probably be looked at.

Oh yes, you could actually make it more engaging by using a stopwatch to make sure you run back to the workstation at the precise moment each job is completed, but its still not really all that different, and probably even more of a PITA than just going AFK for 20 minutes while you wait.

Also 'rotten meat' still has the description saying that it can be made into fertilizer in a concrete mixer, pretty sure this is a skeleton from vanilla and has actually been removed from this mod.

To stop nerd poling, take away the ability for wood frames or any frame to be picked up.

Then add a harvest to them where if people make a mistake they can use a tool to get back the ingredients of the frame to make a new one and place it again.

You can all hate me now.

To stop nerd poling, take away the ability for wood frames or any frame to be picked up.

Then add a harvest to them where if people make a mistake they can use a tool to get back the ingredients of the frame to make a new one and place it again.

You can all hate me now.

Who needs wood frames? All you need is a stack of sod or dirt.

Bug: after the last update some of the redwoods around my place are stuck at 0 hp, it's only the trees I partially cut down before the update.

I could see problems with not allowing people to place blocks under themselves, another idea you might consider is to disable block placement for about 0.25 seconds after jumping, if it's possible.

The idea I'm looking into is not allowing the player to place bricks while falling. It's not about being in air, it's about being unsupported. The variable is named "onGround". True if their feet are planted on the ground, False if they're in midair. If the player is standing on anything, even a zombie, this is True.

It's not about looking below for a block, it's about whether the game considers your footing to be solid. It's the same variable that (among other things) determines whether an AI can try to break a block. It's used to determine footsteps and landing sounds.

The only bad part is that it returns False when the player is swimming, but there's another variable for that if we want to allow underwater building, probably useful for pylons and bridges and such. Check If (Player.onGround || Player.IsInWater()), and if so allow the player to continue placing the block, otherwise don't allow it.

Even if you took away the ability to jump and place a block, it would not get rid of nerd pillering. You could still do it with a pillar of two blocks, just alternating between the blocks

Then you're making a small section of wall, using twice the resources. It's not about removing or punishing people for trying to do something stupid, or making it impossible to make columns. It's about something which, as it turns out, was a simple tweak which makes it not brain dead easy to do so, and I am already testing after spending about 10 seconds coding.

There will always be people who try to do something cheap and easy to avoid difficulty. And also there will always be a cheap and easy hack to prevent the worst abuses.

Plus, it's a logical thing. You shouldn't be able to put up a wall while you're in mid-fall.

So, the farmers profession quest of 'make 20 fertilizer' means you have to stand next to a seed nursery for almost 20 minutes to get them all checked off and complete the quest, its not a very engaging activity and should probably be looked at.

Just fill the output slots with something (sticks) and the production stops after each fertilizer piece. So you can come from time to time to the Nursery to take your fertilizer and don't have to stare at it for 20 min.

Why this hate for Nerd Pole? Is it considered an exploit?

As for quests, I'm not fond of them in a RPG style, actually I stopped playing PRG games after I discovered sandboxes. But I like them implemented in a way Jeoshua and Tetrameth discuss them.

What happened sience last patch? The horde night much more playable. There were any change or ir is just a placebo effect after patch? :)

I noticed at some point in the endless testing of the edits to the loot table that my frame rate increased significantly when playing this mod. So while I have no idea how this happened (or even if it did) I am prepared to accept full credit for it <grin>

Just fill the output slots with something (sticks) and the production stops after each fertilizer piece. So you can come from time to time to the Nursery to take your fertilizer and don't have to stare at it for 20 min.

Problem is, you actually need to be there just prior to each piece of fertilizer finishing to get the quest tasks ticked off.

So for the 20 pieces of fertilizer [which is what the quest asks for], you either need to spend the time waiting for all 20 to complete [if you are running them all in a single batch] or if you are running single jobs, you need to pop your nose into the machine just prior to each job rolling off the production line, for each of the 20.

Problem is, you actually need to be there just prior to each piece of fertilizer finishing to get the quest tasks ticked off.

So for the 20 pieces of fertilizer [which is what the quest asks for], you either need to spend the time waiting for all 20 to complete [if you are running them all in a single batch] or if you are running single jobs, you need to pop your nose into the machine just prior to each job rolling off the production line, for each of the 20.

I'm sure it is not so. If you block the output slots then when you enter the workstation you get the crafted item, the experience for crafting it, and the quest count.

For quest purposes this number (20) should probably be decreased as you indicated. I will discuss it with the team.

I know you are not suggesting we change anything other than that, but as you probably know, the mechanic that you only get experience upon item completion is a vanilla game function though and cant (easily) be changed. I also think that mechanic should not be changed, as a core principle of 7D2D is you get experience from doing, not waiting.

Not sure if treasure map drop frequency has been tweaked since the latest update, but prior to it I was getting so many of them as drops I couldn't actually dig them up fast enough. It seemed that every time I went out to dig another one up, I would find a zed on the way that would drop another one.

Are trader settlements spawning in this mod, or are diamonds/gold/silver relatively useless in that regard?

For quest purposes this number (20) should probably be decreased as you indicated. I will discuss it with the team.

I know you are not suggesting we change anything other than that, but as you probably know, the mechanic that you only get experience upon item completion is a vanilla game function though and cant (easily) be changed. I also think that mechanic should not be changed, as a core principle of 7D2D is you get experience from doing, not waiting.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it couldn't be done any other way anyway lest it pave the way for 'start job/get experience/cancel job'

You are right, if the quests are there for primarily teaching [as it has been said] then being forced to wait for 20 minutes is a pretty tedious lesson.

Bug: Blocks heavily damaged before the patch (and someone said trees blocks too) show damage and some cannot be totally destroyed. Additional damage to the block shows up as negative values on the block. I beat a block down to -1000 hit points and still did'nt break. Repairing back past 0 then allowed me to damage it to zero and it broke.

I think this is an artifact of the lowering of block hit points that Spider did, probably sending many heavily damaged blocks into negative value states, so is a onetime thing. The work around is to repair the block to a condition above zero hp then damage the block if desired.

Bug: Blocks heavily damaged before the patch (and someone said trees too) show damage and some cannot be totally destroyed. Additional damage to the block shows up as negative values on the block. I beat a block down to -1000 hit points and still did'nt break. Repairing back past 0 then allowed me to damage it to zero and it broke.

I think this is an artifact of the lowering of block hit points that Spider did, probably sending many heavily damaged blocks into negative value states, so is a onetime thing. The work around is to repair the block to a condition above zero hp then damage the block if desired.

I have encountered this. You could also grab the admin pick from creative menu and overflow the damage counter past 2.1 billion. Probably best to treat this as a good time to restart your personal games.

Not sure if treasure map drop frequency has been tweaked since the latest update, but prior to it I was getting so many of them as drops I couldn't actually dig them up fast enough. It seemed that every time I went out to dig another one up, I would find a zed on the way that would drop another one.

Are trader settlements spawning in this mod, or are diamonds/gold/silver relatively useless in that regard?

Treasure map drops were deceased somewhat, but treasure chests are worth going after now, and contain useful and rare items. If they are still dropping too often let me know and I will decrease them further.

Trader settlements can spawn, but they seem much rarer than vanilla.

@Tetrameth-

That is just the way quest function. And with the profession quest most of the item are in loot so I can not make it a gather quest your you will complete it when you loot the items. And yes it is a learning quest. It teaches you how to get xp from a workstation.

And yes the health point change bugged out any damaged blocks but like said above you can repair them or break the connecting blocks to have them fall

@Jeoshua-

Something to look for in your .dll dives. Maybe see if there is a input for distance from player zombies will spawn? If its as easy as one variable maybe we could increase that and end the plague of zombie ninja spawns

console Popup

hi mate just installed your mod and im getting spammed back by the console i dont no how to add the error log to this post plz help

(i dont no if this is any good or not)

37)

SDX: BipedAnimations

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

SDX: EntityAnimalClown

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

SDX: EntityBipedZCop

SDX: EntityAnimalHal

SDX: EntityAnimalHalRanged

SDX: GameObjectAnimalAnimationSDX

SDX: HalHelperEvents

SDX: BlockCarAlarmLoot

SDX: BlockModelTreeEx

SDX: BlockBoiler

SDX: BlockDrawbridge1

SDX: EntityZombieCopLight

SDX: EntityZombieCrawlLight

SDX: EntityZombieLight

SDX: BlockGarageDoorNew1

SDX: BlockGasTankSecure

SDX: BlockGasTankInSecure

SDX: BlockGenerator

SDX: GeneratorScript

SDX: BlockSmallGenerator

SDX: ItemActionRangedAt

SDX: ItemActionZoomAt

SDX: ItemClassFishing

SDX: ItemClassFishing+LootType

SDX: ItemClassFloater

SDX: BlockMachine

SDX: MachineScript

SDX: BlockMorteFloater

SDX: clsDialog

SDX: QuoteRandomizer

SDX: QuoteRandomizer+QuoteType

SDX: NameGenerator

SDX: debugHelper

SDX: SurvivorHelper

SDX: LockReceips

SDX: BlockMortePlantGrowing

SDX: BlockMortePlantGrown

SDX: BlockMorteTreeGrown

SDX: BlockMorteTreeGrowing

SDX: ToolCheckerFunc

SDX: BlockMorteToolForge

SDX: BlockMorteToolCampfire

SDX: BlockMorteToolWorkstation

SDX: BlockAssWork

SDX: BlockPowerLight

SDX: PowerLightScript

SDX: BlockValve

SDX: BlockPowerLine

SDX: BlockPowerTrap

SDX: BlockSleeper

SDX: SleeperBlockScript

SDX: BlockSpawner

SDX: SpawnerMScript

SDX: BlockTransformer

SDX: EmitterScript

SDX: BlockTrapMorte

SDX: BipedAnimations+<Test>d__0

SDX: BipedAnimations+<WaitThenCrossFade>d__3

SDX: <PrivateImplementationDetails>{FBCE2784-35ED-4303-90B6-08D0110E4771}

SDX: <PrivateImplementationDetails>{FBCE2784-35ED-4303-90B6-

hi mate just installed your mod and im getting spammed back by the console i dont no how to add the error log to this post plz help

In the 7D2D Mod Launcher, with Spider's True Survival SDX selected, click on the View menu, then go to Log Files. Then, select the 7 Days To Die Output file, and click on Upload Log file. It'll give you a pastebin link. Please provide that and we'll see if we can get you started.

Hey People i would like to make some chenges in this mod...

1: The loot time of things to Vanilla one (Faster)

2: Even tho that in the World Menu i put Very Low Zombies Spawn the resp like hell..

3: I don't want those fat ones to explode or spit on me

4:The durability of items...I want them to break like in Vanilla, SLOW

Those 4 things I really hate in this mod.Even tho I really want to continue playing it i can't...So, can someone tell me how to change them or do it for me Via team viewer please ?

Archived