[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Good to know, thanks! I usually craft these and resmelt for the XP. I assume stove also has this problem.

Is there an easy xml change I can make to smelt these? Change the material?

I'd suggest copying the whole MMWorkStation section in the material.xml and give the copy a new material ID, like "Manvil" Then add this new property line to that new material: <property name="forge_category" value="iron" />

Then go into the blocks.xml and find the entry for workAnvil. Change the material property to "Manvil" if thats what you called the new material.

Should work but i'm not sure what controls the amount you get back from smelting.

Gah !

If i dig up another cache of calipers...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19737[/ATTACH]

Weird. The loot table says total item count is "2,5" so not sure how you even got 6 items. There seems to only be a 6 possible items in any treasure chest, with calipers the most common, so you can expect a lot of calipers if your a treasure hunter. That loot container could sure use some variety.

That said, I think the loot tables in TS could benefit from some updating. I like the loot ideas found in the CommonSense mod. I encourage Spider to use some of those loot tables in TS where it makes sense. I even volunteer to rework the loot tables if that would be helpful.

Weird. The loot table says total item count is "2,5" so not sure how you even got 6 items. There seems to only be a 6 possible items in any treasure chest, with calipers the most common, so you can expect a lot of calipers if your a treasure hunter. That loot container could sure use some variety.

That said, I think the loot tables in TS could benefit from some updating. I like the loot ideas found in the CommonSense mod. I encourage Spider to use some of those loot tables in TS where it makes sense. I even volunteer to rework the loot tables if that would be helpful.

Write a a post of your ideas and tweaks, i agree it could use some love.

I'm not really up on things. Does anyone have a guestament on A16? Last I herd it was end of March. Are we like a month a way or like 3 to 6 months? Any guesses?

Latest Mad Mole video looked like they were still tweaking distant poi, and the town layouts. It doesnt seem to far off to me, ill gues... 1 month. lol

Can I opt in/out stuff prior to installation?

Like the critters and extra zombies for example.

EDIT: I know it is most likely possible, what I really wanted to know is if there is an interactive method to do so, other than messing around the original mod files myself.

hmm.. doesn't look like it likes TS yet.

I dont have a Linux machine, so it's really tough to try to troubleshoot it. When you were using the first DLL, where the console would stay open... would you be able to load a world?

edit: Did you roll a new world with this DLL?

Hey spherei. I havent been using linux for a week now but I also had those pink trees. I will make clean install once again and test it. Can you just link your dll in quote so I dont have to search for it? Thanks

Hey spherei. I havent been using linux for a week now but I also had those pink trees. I will make clean install once again and test it. Can you just link your dll in quote so I dont have to search for it? Thanks

Sure, here is the link for Linux: https://github.com/SphereII/SDXWorkshop/blob/master/SDX_0.7.0/DLLs/Linux/TrueSurvival/Assembly-CSharp.dll

We tried out the Mac version, and had similar issues with the pink trees. Looks like anything coming from the bundles brought in by SDX is not rendering. The log files say something about unknown shaders.

Spider - I've finally taken the leap and have been playing this mod for a couple of days on JaxTellers server. I have to give you props for such a great mod. I finally feel like I deserve what I earn and that I am barely just surviving and not cake walking over everything. Ty for such a fantastic mod that makes the game feel new again. PS. I could do w/o the gaters tho lol.

I'm not really up on things. Does anyone have a guestament on A16? Last I herd it was end of March. Are we like a month a way or like 3 to 6 months? Any guesses?

I got an impression (from the last vid) we have 2-3 month until an experimental build.

- - - Updated - - -

Another Bug - Fruit Salad recipe uses a jar to create but does not return a jar when eaten.

I think you are mistaken here, neither fruit salad, nor vegetable salads use a jar.

I'm new to installing mods on 7DTD, how would I install this mod (what I should replace, etc). Currently I put the mods folder in the normal 7DTD folder (I use steam) and then go into 7DaysToDie_data>manage and then put the stuff that's in the 7DaysToDie_data (the one that's in the folder I downloaded for the mod) then I go into data and replace the prefabs folder that's in there, with the one that's in the folder I downloaded, then I go into config and replace all the files that are in there

with the ones that are in the config folder that's in the folder I downloaded, then I do the same with the XUi folder. When I do this when I launch 7DTD it just gives me a black screen, doesn't even give The Fun Pimps' logo. If someone could explain where I went wrong and/or what I need to do to install it (like the way I described what I did). Thanks in advance

Disable EAC (Easy Anti Cheat). In Steam right click on 7 Days To Die and select Show game launcher. From there you can turn off EAC and even save EAC Off as the default.

Is there any tool for collecting fibers faster? Like Valmod's Weed Cleaver i believe it's called. I looked on the crafting menu but no luck.

Also probably a stupid question. After a crash (that now is solved) i happened to run the game as True Survival-JZMod (before i was running the True Survival SDX) cause i saw that's the actual name on the download page, and i can't tell the difference. Which one should i use? I'd say the JZMod but i'm sure you can clear my silly doubts :)

I ask this because after last update i tried to update the mod from the launcher, but when i go to the launcher folder i see that the files do not mach the ones at the github link. So i manually downloaded and copied them into both Tempmods and main launcher folders. It works now but it doesn't feel like i should be doing that every update. What am i doing wrong? Many thanks in advance!

Is there any tool for collecting fibers faster? Like Valmod's Weed Cleaver i believe it's called. I looked on the crafting menu but no luck.

Also probably a stupid question. After a crash (that now is solved) i happened to run the game as True Survival-JZMod (before i was running the True Survival SDX) cause i saw that's the actual name on the download page, and i can't tell the difference. Which one should i use? I'd say the JZMod but i'm sure you can clear my silly doubts :)

I ask this because after last update i tried to update the mod from the launcher, but when i go to the launcher folder i see that the files do not mach the ones at the github link. So i manually downloaded and copied them into both Tempmods and main launcher folders. It works now but it doesn't feel like i should be doing that every update. What am i doing wrong? Many thanks in advance!

There is no tool for collecting fibers, I personally just chop cacti.

True Survival JZMod and True Survival SDX are different mods (SDX is current, JZ is currently not being updated). SDX has many new models/meshes from SDX team (new weapons, traffic, workstations), but is somehow more complex to install. For installation and launching use 7dtd Launcher.

There is no tool for collecting fibers, I personally just chop cacti.

True Survival JZMod and True Survival SDX are different mods (SDX is current, JZ is currently not being updated). SDX has many new models/meshes from SDX team (new weapons, traffic, workstations), but is somehow more complex to install. For installation and launching use 7dtd Launcher.

Thanks again for the quick response dude! Too bad about the fibers! I hope something can be added at least some end-game tool. I imagine being all OP and collecting fibers with my fists or cacti and it sounds weird. Anybody else thinks this would be cool? I mean the mod has to be hard but also smart and realistic.

Ok, the github link totally lost me as i saw the JZMod word there :). Yup i use that mighty 7d2d launcher tool. But if want to just upload a few files (like last update it was a fiwe xml) what's the best way to do it? I use to put this updated files into the Tempmods folder and then run it. I say this cause my internet connection sucks and i don't want to download the entire .zip every time, and when i used the test sync function at the launcher it was not getting the last files, or i wasn't able to find them

Thanks again for the quick response dude! Too bad about the fibers! I hope something can be added at least some end-game tool. I imagine being all OP and collecting fibers with my fists or cacti and it sounds weird. Anybody else thinks this would be cool? I mean the mod has to be hard but also smart and realistic.

Ok, the github link totally lost me as i saw the JZMod word there :). Yup i use that mighty 7d2d launcher tool. But if want to just upload a few files (like last update it was a fiwe xml) what's the best way to do it? I use to put this updated files into the Tempmods folder and then run it. I say this cause my internet connection sucks and i don't want to download the entire .zip every time, and when i used the test sync function at the launcher it was not getting the last files, or i wasn't able to find them

If you are using version 1.0.3.3 of the 7D2D Mod Launcher, then each subsequent download should be incremental only. Is that the version you are using?

The launcher only downloads the full mod the first time. Every time after that it only downloads what every has changed in the files. That is one of the main reasons for using it and that it does it all for you.

Ok well if its that far off guess I'll keep chugging along with this build for a bit more. I will start to focus my work on parts of the mod that can be transferred over to A16. So stuff like RWG and block code work will be at a minimum, SDX exclusive code also. So the journey to 7D2D perfection continues. I'm working on a new poison system and I think ya'll will like it. Then again you will also hate me and wish you kept your mouths shut and cheated in some Grain alcohol hehe :) but you will like it too

I think you already have the tool you want. Stop fisting the fibers and take out your stone axe, then keep switching between left and right click. This will be more than double the speed of hitting them with your fists. Tho i wouldnt mind an end game lawn mower. ^^

The best guess came from MadMole. He said that they aren't even to content lock yet, and once that happens it will still be from weeks to months until it comes out on Experimental.

So we're still at the least a month or two away from a Full release of A16.

Mental note: whenever you complain of something, Spider will replace it with something more punishing.

More punishing for who?:soap: Just be glad he doesnt put the you have to wash or you smell thing back in lol.:washing: Oh and i found a third bandit base poi you devil.:spider: You told me there were only 2, but i found the bandit nuc silo base today.

Archived