[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Small spider and scorpion should be removed from the game.

I had 4 day 1 restarts because I kept getting stung by these guys who were entirely clipped through the terrain and were not visible.

I know this is a hardcore game but there is nothing hardcore about that.

I think its rather silly that a spider can deal a fatal bite through iron armor...

Coal

Hello

My first post. Absolutly Love the mod, big thank you to Spider and to the others who has helped out. Especially the one who made the mod installer. I love playing games on the computer but basically have no idea what makes them work or the programs 😀. Without the mod installer and skippys tutorial on how to install i would not be able to play the mod. As many of you i think vanilla is way to easy. So again, a big thank you for the mod, you have taken the game to a much higher level of enjoyment. Funpimps could learn a great many things from what you have done.

Now to my question. I have tried and failed to find out how to make coal. It says it take 5 Wood but i cant figure how to make it. I think i have tried all the workstations. I know you can harvest it but i need to be able to make It as well. Anyone know how? Come to think about it i havent tried the stove, will try it when i get home.

Hope i did not ask a question that the answer is obvious and clearly explained in the game.

Stay safe

Which file are the suggested settings taken from? I dont see options to edit things like "PlayerSafeZoneLevel" and "PlayerSafeZoneHours" in the regular game settings for single player?

Also, does AirDropFrequency at 720 mean 72 hours = 3 days, or something else?

Yup Starvation seemed like pain in the ass to me aswell. I like mods like True Survival which make things more challenging and the slow-progress so you go through all the stuff. But Starvation takes it to the next level i think. If i wanted not to have fun and only struggle i'd go to the woods myself, i don't play a game for that lol. But hey i guess somebody can be into that.

Mod Update

Player and Server Files updated-

Lowered hydration loss from doctors Painkiller Shot.

More work on descriptions

Fixed posted spelling errors

Changed Steel Spikes to require player lv 75

Changed Anvil to require player lv 5

Lowered Farmer Perk cost to 40 points

Changed Power Lines to a open recipe anyone can make on a Wood Working Bench so you can use found and built Generators

Fixed Tomahawks Degradation

Iron Ore can be found above the HardStone in the Plains Wasteland and in the Central Wastelands

Increased Iron and Steel Piles to drop 50 scrap of their material

Added 4 Hub Caps to last stage of a broken car when harvested with a wrench

Fixed Radiation Spiders loot

Fixed Treasure Hunting Perk reduced radius on all levels

Fixed Anvil icon in Tool Slots

What does the "Plains Wasteland" Look like? is it just wastlend?

loot respawn tome disabled? are you sure?

Spider recommends disabled loot respawn for single player, and 80 days for multiplayer servers. That's official recommendations; but feel free to roll however you like :)

- - - Updated - - -

Which file are the suggested settings taken from? I dont see options to edit things like "PlayerSafeZoneLevel" and "PlayerSafeZoneHours" in the regular game settings for single player?

Also, does AirDropFrequency at 720 mean 72 hours = 3 days, or something else?

<property name="AirDropFrequency" value="720"/> <!-- How often airdrop occur in game-hours, 0 == never -->

So that value is in-game hour. The settings shown are from the dedicated server config, and may not match up to some values you see in SP.

Pick up Anvil?

Just wondering if there is a way to pick up an Anvil and move it to a new place?

Similar to how in vanilla you can dismantle a forge with a wrench to put it in your back pack? (not sure if that works in this mod as haven't tried)

Thank you

Edit: Sorry! I've just found the "Crowbar" in the recipe menu on the Anvil which says it can pick up workstations, so I think I've found my answer :D

Just wondering if there is a way to pick up an Anvil and move it to a new place?

Similar to how in vanilla you can dismantle a forge with a wrench to put it in your back pack? (not sure if that works in this mod as haven't tried)

Thank you

Edit: Sorry! I've just found the "Crowbar" in the recipe menu on the Anvil which says it can pick up workstations, so I think I've found my answer :D

Yup, that's how you move things after you are Level 25, when you can make forged iron. Until then, you need to make another anvil.

In reference to my earlier post, is no-one else having problems with getting plants to grow at all ?

Most of my plants are growing, I don't know why you have problems. Are the plants open to sunlight? Try another place? Post us a screenshot? The only crops we can not figure out how to grow is mushrooms.

Most of my plants are growing, I don't know why you have problems. Are the plants open to sunlight? Try another place? Post us a screenshot? The only crops we can not figure out how to grow is mushrooms.

Yep, in full sunlight.

I made a wooden pool, with a cavity of 10x3x1, I then lay a 10x1 row of crafted 'grassy ground' down the middle of it. I hoe'd and fertilized it, then poured buckets of water into the surrounding empty space till it took no more. I then planted seeds along this row. It's been 6 game days now and they have not moved past the initial planting stage.

Should they have grown at all in that time ?

Yep, in full sunlight.

I made a wooden pool, with a cavity of 10x3x1, I then lay a 10x1 row of crafted 'grassy ground' down the middle of it. I hoe'd and fertilized it, then poured buckets of water into the surrounding empty space till it took no more. I then planted seeds along this row. It's been 6 game days now and they have not moved past the initial planting stage.

Should they have grown at all in that time ?

I am a Farmer profession on Spider's official server. My only guess is that maybe since you are planting on top of wood blocks it's not working? My farms are directly in the earth. I have attached a screenshot of one of my little farms. I do not use fertilizer. I need to rewater a couple of times during a full growth cycle. Note that the growth cycle is about 12 real life hours on Spider's server. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/cd93vSI.png

Got a few Taza's Stone Axe' are these intended to train the 'Blade Weapon Skill' at such an alarming rate?

It seems to train this skill at an insane rate when cutting things like cacti. I was going up a level of the blade weapon skill every 4 or 5 cacti I was destroying [each cactus only requiring 2 hits] went from 1 to 39 VERY fast, probably a bit too fast considering the axe's drop rate !

The 2 axes I have used so far have raised blade weapons to pretty much match my main weapon skill in under 2 days of cacti chopping. I'm getting loads of them off the lumberjack zeds, and a recent [very brief] trip through the snow biome nearby just landed me with another 5 of them.

Archived