Tins 7D2D (Enhancement)

Tin

Just releasing some Tweaks for the game for ppl to find easier..

Tins World A15.# No frills terrain generator. The rest of the file is Vanilla

*If above Link does not work try:Tins World A15.#

Terrain desc:

Toned down mountains (A bit easier to navigate).

Hilly areas (gives the land a bit more character).

Flat(ish) areas (for when you don't feel like being a full time excavator).

A lot less Water (but enough to still provide a good game experience).

Being that it still is "Random" and uses a "Seed" to generate the world you can still come across extreme landscapes every now and then but it will be far less than the vanilla version in the game.

Nothing else needed just switch out the rwgmixer.xml file, start a new world and game on!

Have fun and I hope you enjoy it! :)

*future tweaks and files coming as time goes on*

Click Here -->>[ATTACH]19243[/ATTACH] Better Mountains/hills/more water/adjusted biome settings.

So I made this as easy as I could for ppl to tweak and adjust things so I am going to go through a few things below: >> Every adjustment you make to these values 'Will' require you to roll a new world to see the results <<

<module name="MntSmSelect" type="Select">
<property name="controlModule" value="ControlBase"/>
<property name="sourceModule1" value="landBase"/>
<property name="sourceModule2" value="FastMntOutputSm"/>
[color="#FFFF00"][b]<property name="bounds" value="0,256"/>[/b][/color]
<property name="edgeFalloff" value="128"/>
</module>

Note the "bounds" value="0,256" If you adjust the "256" to a higher number it will spread out the 'Hill' like mounds further out around the flatish land mass (obviously if you lessen the amount it will tighten it up.

<module name="MntLgSelect" type="Select">
<property name="sourceModule1" value="landBase"/>
<property name="sourceModule2" value="FastMntOutputLg"/>
[color="#FFFF00"][b]<property name="bounds" value="0,256"/>[/b][/color]
<property name="edgeFalloff" value="256"/>
</module>

Note the "bounds" value="0,256" If you adjust the "256" to a higher number it will spread out the 'Mountains' further out around the flatish land mass (obviously if you lessen the amount it will tighten it up.

<module name="MntSelect" type="Select">
<property name="sourceModule1" value="MntSmSelect"/>
<property name="sourceModule2" value="MntLgSelect"/>
[color="#FFFF00"][b]<property name="bounds" value="0,512"/>[/b][/color]
<property name="edgeFalloff" value="32"/>
</module>

Again with the "bounds" value="0,512" If you increase the number here it will push the "Mountains" further away from the "Hills"(aka MNTSmSelect)

<module name="FinalSelect" type="Select">
<property name="controlModule" value="ControlBase2"/>
<property name="sourceModule1" value="Water"/>
<property name="sourceModule2" value="MntSelect"/>
[color="#FFFF00"][b]<property name="bounds" value="0,8"/>[/b][/color]
<property name="edgeFalloff" value="0.128"/>
</module>

Now the "bounds" value="0,8" for "FinalSelect" if you increase the number it will lessen the amount of "Water" that it will generate (small increases have a big affect) 0,12 or 0,16.

Hopefully! This should make it easier for everyone to adjust their world to how they like it :)

A few things of note: This does have a "Random" effect and it can throw out some interesting things if your "seed name" gives an unusual addition to the modules.

Here is a new Terrain gen with a custom biome gen with it:[ATTACH]19660[/ATTACH]

Here is also a link to a (mostly) No water world (pending on seed ofc) https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52259-RGMIXER-XML-Edits&p=602845&viewfull=1#post602845

Give you all something to do before A16 hits :) This should be up your ally Gamida :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19661[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19662[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19663[/ATTACH]

Images of new terrain gen.

Just releasing some Tweaks for the game for ppl to find easier..

*TinsWorld* (A15.#) Terrain Generator. No frills world generator (everything else in the file is vanilla).

[ATTACH]18515[/ATTACH] Full top to bottom revamp of the rwgmixer.xml. Provides Fuller towns/Bigger biomes along with the Terrain tweaks.

Terrain desc:

Toned down mountains (A bit easier to navigate).

Hilly areas (gives the land a bit more character).

Flat(ish) areas (for when you don't feel like being a full time excavator).

A lot less Water (but enough to still provide a good game experience).

Being that it still is "Random" and uses a "Seed" to generate the world you can still come across extreme landscapes every now and then but it will be far less than the vanilla version in the game.

Nothing else needed just switch out the rwgmixer.xml file, start a new world and game on!

Have fun and I hope you enjoy it! :)

*future tweaks and files coming as time goes on*

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18516[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18517[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18518[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18519[/ATTACH]

For terrain generator link I got this...

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

For terrain generator link I got this...

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Yeah for some reason The links didn't take.. :( I have redid them and they should work as I just tested both :)

*If it continues Ill go about it a different way*

Really liking this so far and I hate to ask this so soon but ... how can I slightly increase the amount of water?

TIA

Using the full revamp rwgmixer btw.

[color="#FFFF00"]<module name="land1" type="InvertInput">[/color]
	<property name="sourceModule" value="land"/>
	<property name="[color="#FFFF00"]frequency[/color]" value="[color="#FFFF00"]0.47[/color]"/>
	<property name="bias" value="0.25"/>
</module>

You can increase the frequency value in the above module to give slightly more lakes and ponds (would not go beyond 1.5).

If you want even more:

<module name="landBase" type="FastBillow" no_seed="true">
	<property name="[color="#FFFF00"]frequency[/color]" value="[color="#FFFF00"]0.4[/color]7"/>
	<property name="roughness" value="25"/>
</module>

Increase the frequency value very Slightly in this module (slightly ie at +0.02 incriminates).

And ty for trying it :)

I'm sure it was Gamida's fault.

Hey, if they keep putting this stuff out blame me all you want...

You said it I didn't <.< :D (just messing with ya Gamida).

No problem, me and guppy have an understanding...it's ALWAYS my fault. BUT....if something good happens then that is my fault too...:)

No problem, me and guppy have an understanding...it's ALWAYS my fault. BUT....if something good happens then that is my fault too...:)

Hey yeh, thanks for that check engine light coming on in my car... (but I also appreciate the free Las Vegas trip I have coming up in Feb).

Tin, Thanks for all your work and collaborations on the mixer. I'll be giving your full mixer a run next :)

Curious if you stuck with only vanilla prefabs?

Yep, all prefabs are vanilla :)

Till TFP do their final work on the block overhaul it just makes it easier for now.

Edit: I will at a later time do some work on the prefabs but it will mostly be for entity spawn rework.

.. and ty for the kind words :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Tin, I decided to give your rwgmixer.xml file a go, but I'm getting very odd behaviour, compared to the last one I tried on the other thread.

Some terrain is really nice, but others are sheer drops in very straight lines with 90° turns, sorta zig zagging across the terrain.

I also found 2 POIs on top of very very tall, narrow hills.

I forgot the write down the coordinates, but this is the seed.

A348480gfgsipow42

(I attacked the keyboard. Lol)

I'm running Valmod's Expansion, but I use your rgwmixer.xml file.

I have no idea if that's the cause.

Hey Tin, I decided to give your rwgmixer.xml file a go, but I'm getting very odd behaviour, compared to the last one I tried on the other thread.

Some terrain is really nice, but others are sheer drops in very straight lines with 90° turns, sorta zig zagging across the terrain.

I also found 2 POIs on top of very very tall, narrow hills.

I forgot the write down the coordinates, but this is the seed.

A348480gfgsipow42

(I attacked the keyboard. Lol)

I'm running Valmod's Expansion, but I use your rgwmixer.xml file.

I have no idea if that's the cause.

Sorry for not getting back that fast but I will try the seed out you used to see If i am seeing the same thing. Then I will compare it to other seeds. It might just be Rangeezus having a melt down and not liking that particular seed.

Valmods expansion shouldn't have that much affect on what the terrain generator is doing unless it drastically alters hub layouts or whatnot.

Edit: I spent about 20mins flying around and from what I am seeing is that the sheer drops are near/around road and town/city hubs. I came across one road that ran parallel next to a town hub on one side that produced a weird wall so to speak of terrain. If what you are seeing is anything close to what I am describing then I have no control of how the roads/towns are ran or how they are cutting through things.

It is a limitation currently with how the terrain works with roads and hub's and is being worked on by TFP at the moment.

So basically you can try a different seed and hope that it meshes better with the road and hub system in the mean time.

If you can get me those coords I am curious to see that poi though xD

Archived