SDX 0.7.0 (Christmas 2016)

Domonix

i got some problems to get mods using patcherscripts running with SDX 0.7.1 and 16.3

viewed Hal's tutorial video, used his example as template, but it will not compile.

My Patchscript: https://pastebin.com/HghQkFBS

SDX Build Log: https://pastebin.com/RmiJWnQY

in short:

Managed\Assembly-CSharp-cleaned.dll: error CS1704 ....

got the same result when trying to build Halcopter or Halstweaks so it seems related to my SDX install.

Already tried to reinstall SDX (clean folder, extract from zip, verify gamedata, build, add mod, build), but still CS1704.

Anyone can confirm Halcopter or Haltweaks will build with SDX 0.7.1 and A16.3?

* 0.7.0 don't work too

I've been using it for awhile with no probs.

Do you have any copies/bkups of the assembly dll in your game folder? I know you said you verified gamedata but not sure if you deleted whole folder first.

@sphereii

yes only got the patch method in, will try to add link tomorrow

@zLoki

youre maybe right. There could be some assembly copies in that folder, i will look in to this.

thanks to both of you, to bad i have to sleep. Just quickly checked with the phone, from bed. I will look into this tomorrow.

again, thank you

** Update

worked great. Had do clean the managed folder and then hals mods compiled fine. Then i added the link method to my script, evoilà. Thanks again

• 1 month later...
I have a problem.

I ran the sdx mod helper and then sdx and i got errors. Here is my output log - https://www.dropbox.com/s/z791bju8pmrdh79/sdx%20error.xml?dl=0

if anyone could kindly assist me :-)

INFO: Built in 62ms
c:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\Unlocks_In-Game_Editor\PatchScripts\InGameEditor.cs(8,14): error CS0101: The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for 'CraftingLagFix'
c:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\Zombie_Transmogrifier\PatchScripts\PatcherHalDll.cs(12,14): error CS0101: The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for 'HalDllFixesPatcher'

There is two errors:

There's a code conflict between the Transmogrifier and probably HAl's DLL Fixes. To fix, you can go into Zombie_Transmogrifier\PatchScripts, and remove PatcherHalDll.cs. You are probably already including that .cs in another project.

Same thing with the in-Game editor, however, this looks like it's all me. I wouldn't use the In-Game Editor, since it's not complete. It's uploaded for review, but not complete

INFO: Built in 62ms
c:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\Unlocks_In-Game_Editor\PatchScripts\InGameEditor.cs(8,14): error CS0101: The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for 'CraftingLagFix'
c:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\Zombie_Transmogrifier\PatchScripts\PatcherHalDll.cs(12,14): error CS0101: The namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for 'HalDllFixesPatcher'

There is two errors:

There's a code conflict between the Transmogrifier and probably HAl's DLL Fixes. To fix, you can go into Zombie_Transmogrifier\PatchScripts, and remove PatcherHalDll.cs. You are probably already including that .cs in another project.

Same thing with the in-Game editor, however, this looks like it's all me. I wouldn't use the In-Game Editor, since it's not complete. It's uploaded for review, but not complete

ok i fixed those 2 issues. then i got another that i fixed my self. now i get this -

c:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\Neon_Signs\Scripts\BlockNeonSign.cs(42,15): error CS1501: No overload for method 'IsMyLandProtectedBlock' takes '2' arguments

ok i fixed those 2 issues. then i got another that i fixed my self. now it gets to the saving part and an unhandled exception has occurred -

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.

at Mono.Cecil.Cil.CodeWriter.WriteOperand(Instruction instruction)

at Mono.Cecil.Cil.CodeWriter.WriteInstructions()

at Mono.Cecil.Cil.CodeWriter.WriteResolvedMethodBody(MethodDefinition method)

at Mono.Cecil.Cil.CodeWriter.WriteMethodBody(MethodDefinition method)

at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddMethod(MethodDefinition method)

at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddMethods(TypeDefinition type)

at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddType(TypeDefinition type)

at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.AddTypeDefs()

at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.BuildTypes()

at Mono.Cecil.MetadataBuilder.BuildModule()

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.<BuildMetadata>b__0(MetadataBuilder builder, MetadataReader _)

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Read[TItem,TRet](TItem item, Func`3 read)

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.BuildMetadata(ModuleDefinition module, MetadataBuilder metadata)

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleWriter.WriteModuleTo(ModuleDefinition module, Stream stream, WriterParameters parameters)

at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Write(String fileName, WriterParameters parameters)

at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.BuildAndRunPatchModsTask.RunPatcherMods()

at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.BuildAndRunPatchModsTask.Execute()

at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunTasks(List`1 tasks, CompilerConfig config)

at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunAction(String action, CompilerConfig config)

at SDX7DTD.frmMain.btnBuild_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8794 (WinRelRS2.050727-8700)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

SDX7DTD

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Stallionsden/Desktop/SDX/SDX7DTD.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8784 (WinRel.050727-8700)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8800 (WinRelRS2.050727-8800)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

SDX.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Stallionsden/Desktop/SDX/SDX.Core.DLL

System.Core

Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.8795 built by: WinRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Plugin

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Stallionsden/Desktop/SDX/Plugin.dll

SDX.Compiler

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Stallionsden/Desktop/SDX/SDX.Compiler.DLL

Plugin

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Stallionsden/Desktop/SDX/Plugin.DLL

Mono.Cecil

Assembly Version: 0.9.5.0

Win32 Version: 0.9.5.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Stallionsden/Desktop/SDX/Mono.Cecil.DLL

Assembly-CSharp

Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Stallionsden/Desktop/SDX/Backups/7%20Days%20To%20Die/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll

SDX.Payload

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Stallionsden/Desktop/SDX/SDX.Payload.DLL

UnityEngine

Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Stallionsden/Desktop/SDX/UnityEngine.DLL

6uzrbsxt

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8800 (WinRelRS2.050727-8800)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Do you have the output from the SDX Launcher's window? That might help us figure it out.

Do you have the output from the SDX Launcher's window? That might help us figure it out.

I fixed that. As it was my fault lol. But yeh removed the problem mod - bigger backpack as I had changed it from 45 to 200 lol. But yeh now I got a fair few errors that I can't see atm due to severe storms here atm.... thank you sphereii for your assistance. Will have to wait til storm is over grrrr

I fixed that. As it was my fault lol. But yeh removed the problem mod - bigger backpack as I had changed it from 45 to 200 lol. But yeh now I got a fair few errors that I can't see atm due to severe storms here atm.... thank you sphereii for your assistance. Will have to wait til storm is over grrrr

No problem.

The bigger back pack version defaults to 45. This allows people to get a slightly bigger back pack, and have it work out of the box. The SDX version allows people to easily scale the backpack to their needs.

The catch is, if you want to go larger, you'll need to dig into the .cs code and make the adjustment from sbyte to an integer :) This could be easily default, but I wanted to involve the modder more into the code, giving them confidence (hopefully) and experience, and understand slightly what they are trying to do with the code.

If you are stuck, I'd be more than happy to help you resolve it though :)

No problem.

The bigger back pack version defaults to 45. This allows people to get a slightly bigger back pack, and have it work out of the box. The SDX version allows people to easily scale the backpack to their needs.

The catch is, if you want to go larger, you'll need to dig into the .cs code and make the adjustment from sbyte to an integer :) This could be easily default, but I wanted to involve the modder more into the code, giving them confidence (hopefully) and experience, and understand slightly what they are trying to do with the code.

If you are stuck, I'd be more than happy to help you resolve it though :)

Hi sphereii yeh I changed the sbyte to int32 . May have missed others tho lol. Appreciate your time :-). Busy day today but hopefully get back this arvo and get the errors ironed out :-)

Hi sphereii yeh I changed the sbyte to int32 . May have missed others tho lol. Appreciate your time :-). Busy day today but hopefully get back this arvo and get the errors ironed out :-)

As a hint, look at the code where it changes the value of the .Operand = NewBackpackSize;

You'll also want to change the Oper from sbyte to an integter.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been answered, but I'm baffled by pages of unfamiliar information and references.

I'm getting an error when trying to "Build" in the SDX launcher.

EVENT: Begin task: Backup game files

EVENT: Begin task: Import UnityEngine.dll

ERROR: Cound not find folder: C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\SDX_0.7.1\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed. Can not continue. Make sure you've set the correct game location in the settings

ERROR: Task Import UnityEngine.dll failed

EVENT: Action completed at: 27/11/2017 08:27:04 and took 0.1 seconds

This is the setting I have currently:

C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\SDX_0.7.1\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods

I'm completely new to SDX and not looking to mod with it, I just want to run a couple of mods.

Update: realised I only had the data files in the backup folder. Copy/pasting these into the mods folder has taken me past the original error.

Now I'm getting:

Dir not found SDX/Targets/7DTD/Mods/ClearUI/icons

Dir not found SDX/Targets/7DTD/Mods/ClearUI/resources

Apologies if this has been answered, but I'm baffled by pages of unfamiliar information and references.

I'm getting an error when trying to "Build" in the SDX launcher.

EVENT: Begin task: Backup game files

EVENT: Begin task: Import UnityEngine.dll

ERROR: Cound not find folder: C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\SDX_0.7.1\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods/7DaysToDie_Data/Managed. Can not continue. Make sure you've set the correct game location in the settings

ERROR: Task Import UnityEngine.dll failed

EVENT: Action completed at: 27/11/2017 08:27:04 and took 0.1 seconds

This is the setting I have currently:

C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\SDX_0.7.1\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods

I'm completely new to SDX and not looking to mod with it, I just want to run a couple of mods.

Update: realised I only had the data files in the backup folder. Copy/pasting these into the mods folder has taken me past the original error.

Now I'm getting:

Dir not found SDX/Targets/7DTD/Mods/ClearUI/icons

Dir not found SDX/Targets/7DTD/Mods/ClearUI/resources

The Dir not found errors should only be warnings, as there are not Icons or resource files for ClearUI. Was there any other errors in your log file?

My SDX output log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxvcxaoavfkwcl4/SDXoutputLog.txt?dl=0

I don't know if differently coloured text denotes errors or not, so I copy/pasted the lot.

I'll be home in about an hour, and I can review then. I can't access drop box at work.

Red Errors are fatal. Sometimes you can have a fatal error further up the log file than you'd expect.

Thanks sphereii, much appreciated.

The end of the log:

EVENT: Action completed at: 27/11/2017 20:21:38 and took 30.84 seconds

If you see that, with the time, it means it worked :)

Congratulations, I think you just became an SDX modder :)

Have you tried to play the game yet with it?

The end of the log:

EVENT: Action completed at: 27/11/2017 20:21:38 and took 30.84 seconds

If you see that, with the time, it means it worked :)

Congratulations, I think you just became an SDX modder :)

Have you tried to play the game yet with it?

I assumed it hadn't worked because the "Play" button is greyed out on the launcher. Is there another way to start the game with your invisible HUD?

I looked, but those all seemed to be with modding as the aim. I'll read up on some and see what I can manage. Thanks!

It is and isn't. It shows you how to do the setup and use example mods

If you are just interested in playing with clear UI, I can get you a download link in a few hours

Archived