SDX 0.7.0 (Christmas 2016)

Domonix

Is SDX still patching the descriptions and localized block names? I cant seem to get them to load.

This? It's from another thread but you need to update the BOM on the localisation file

That's a bug with SDX and 15.2.

You can either delete the localisation file in the HalDLLUpdates (it's not needed) or to fix it for any mod that has a localisation file you need to open the file in <SDX_LOCATION>\Backups\7 Days To Die\Data\Config\Localization.txt in notepad++ and then change the Encoding from UTF8-BOM to UTF8

Anyone got this going on a16 experimental? I can get the mods to load but it wont open the map.

ShowTooltip has changed too, this seems to work but I haven't got in to test it yet.

Replace this line:

GameManager.Instance.ShowTooltip(str);

With these lines:

EntityPlayerLocal entity = GameManager.Instance.World.GetLocalPlayer();
GameManager.ShowTooltip(entity, str);

This was the first thing I tried, but it kept coming back with compile errors about using an instanced variable.

Here's the error:

c:\SDX_0.7.0\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\DuffelBags\Scripts\BlockDuffleBag.cs(16,13): error CS0176: 
Member 'GameManager.ShowTooltip(EntityPlayerLocal, string)' cannot be accessed with an instance
reference; qualify it with a type name instead
ERROR: Failed to compile Mods.dll
ERROR: Task Compile mod scripts failed

and here's the portion of the script in question:

private void DisplayToolTipText(string str)
   {
       if (DateTime.Now > dteNextToolTipDisplayTime)
       {
    EntityPlayerLocal epLocalPlayer = GameManager.Instance.World.GetLocalPlayer();			
           GameManager.Instance.ShowTooltip(epLocalPlayer, str);
           dteNextToolTipDisplayTime = DateTime.Now.AddSeconds(5);
       }
   }

This was the first thing I tried, but it kept coming back with compile errors about using an instanced variable.

Here's the error:

c:\SDX_0.7.0\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\DuffelBags\Scripts\BlockDuffleBag.cs(16,13): error CS0176: 
Member 'GameManager.ShowTooltip(EntityPlayerLocal, string)' cannot be accessed with an instance
reference; qualify it with a type name instead
ERROR: Failed to compile Mods.dll
ERROR: Task Compile mod scripts failed

and here's the portion of the script in question:

private void DisplayToolTipText(string str)
   {
       if (DateTime.Now > dteNextToolTipDisplayTime)
       {
    EntityPlayerLocal epLocalPlayer = GameManager.Instance.World.GetLocalPlayer();			
           GameManager.Instance.ShowTooltip(epLocalPlayer, str);
           dteNextToolTipDisplayTime = DateTime.Now.AddSeconds(5);
       }
   }

Hello. Your example, isn't quite what three08 did. You are trying to call a static method from an object rather than the class type. Get rid of the ".Instance" portion of your call to ShowTooltip, and you should be good to go. Also, thank you for being so active on these forums. As a new modder, I have benefited a lot from your posts and mods.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to display the block placement box? When your holding an item?

Also, does anyone how how to kick and ban a user? I can add then to the ban list without any issues but their still able to stay in the server for that session. I cant get the kick to work at all.

I'm using this to do the kick:

GameUtils.KickPlayerForClientInfo(_clientInfo, new GameUtils.KickPlayerData(GameUtils.EKickReason.ManualKick, 0, unBanDateTime, banReason));

The problem seems to be the _clientInfo is always null no matter how i try to assign it. I've tried about 4 ways of doing it all with the same results, tried in SP then I even setup a server with the latest exp to test it, got the sever running nicely but the ClientInfo is still null everytime.

Does anyone know how to display the block placement box? When your holding an item?

Also, does anyone how how to kick and ban a user? I can add then to the ban list without any issues but their still able to stay in the server for that session. I cant get the kick to work at all.

GameUtils.KickPlayerForClientInfo(_clientInfo, new GameUtils.KickPlayerData(GameUtils.EKickReason.ManualKick, 0, unBanDateTime, banReason));

The problem seems to be the _clientInfo is always null no matter how i try to assign it. I've tried about 4 ways of doing it all with the same results, tried in SP then I even setup a server with the latest exp to test it, got the sever running nicely but the ClientInfo is still null everytime.

Hello. Take a look at one of the methods that gets called when a kick / ban is executed from the console. I don't have time to test this out right now, but maybe it will help. In this method, all clients are iterated through until one matching the player ID (passed into the command) matches the client's playerName. If a match is found, it is stuffed into the _cinfo output parameter where it is used for the clientInfo in the call to the KickPlayerForClientInfo method.

public static int ParseParamPartialNameOrId(string _param, out string _id, out ClientInfo _cInfo, bool _sendError = true)
{
_param = _param.ToLower();
ClientInfo clientInfo = ConsoleHelper.ParseParamIdOrName(_param, true, false);
if (clientInfo != null)
{
	_id = clientInfo.playerId;
	_cInfo = clientInfo;
	return 1;
}
if (ConsoleHelper.ParseParamSteamIdValid(_param))
{
	_id = _param;
	_cInfo = null;
	return 1;
}
ClientInfo clientInfo2 = null;
int num = 0;
int count = SingletonMonoBehaviour<ConnectionManager>.Instance.GetClients().Count;
for (int i = 0; i < count; i++)
{
	ClientInfo clientInfo3 = SingletonMonoBehaviour<ConnectionManager>.Instance.GetClients()[i];
	if (clientInfo3.playerName.ToLower().Contains(_param))
	{
		num++;
		clientInfo2 = clientInfo3;
	}
}
if (num == 1)
{
	_id = clientInfo2.playerId;
	_cInfo = clientInfo2;
}
else
{
	_id = null;
	_cInfo = null;
	if (_sendError)
	{
		if (num == 0)
		{
			SingletonMonoBehaviour<SdtdConsole>.Instance.Output("\"" + _param + "\" is not a valid entity id, player name or steam id.");
		}
		else if (num > 1)
		{
			SingletonMonoBehaviour<SdtdConsole>.Instance.Output("\"" + _param + "\" matches multiple player names.");
		}
	}
}
return num;
}

Hello. Take a look at one of the methods that gets called when a kick / ban is executed from the console. I don't have time to test this out right now, but maybe it will help. In this method, all clients are iterated through until one matching the player ID (passed into the command) matches the client's playerName. If a match is found, it is stuffed into the _cinfo output parameter where it is used for the clientInfo in the call to the KickPlayerForClientInfo method.

public static int ParseParamPartialNameOrId(string _param, out string _id, out ClientInfo _cInfo, bool _sendError = true)
{
_param = _param.ToLower();
ClientInfo clientInfo = ConsoleHelper.ParseParamIdOrName(_param, true, false);
if (clientInfo != null)
{
	_id = clientInfo.playerId;
	_cInfo = clientInfo;
	return 1;
}
if (ConsoleHelper.ParseParamSteamIdValid(_param))
{
	_id = _param;
	_cInfo = null;
	return 1;
}
ClientInfo clientInfo2 = null;
int num = 0;
int count = SingletonMonoBehaviour<ConnectionManager>.Instance.GetClients().Count;
for (int i = 0; i < count; i++)
{
	ClientInfo clientInfo3 = SingletonMonoBehaviour<ConnectionManager>.Instance.GetClients()[i];
	if (clientInfo3.playerName.ToLower().Contains(_param))
	{
		num++;
		clientInfo2 = clientInfo3;
	}
}
if (num == 1)
{
	_id = clientInfo2.playerId;
	_cInfo = clientInfo2;
}
else
{
	_id = null;
	_cInfo = null;
	if (_sendError)
	{
		if (num == 0)
		{
			SingletonMonoBehaviour<SdtdConsole>.Instance.Output("\"" + _param + "\" is not a valid entity id, player name or steam id.");
		}
		else if (num > 1)
		{
			SingletonMonoBehaviour<SdtdConsole>.Instance.Output("\"" + _param + "\" matches multiple player names.");
		}
	}
}
return num;
}

Thanks, I'll have a look. I'm starting to think the problem maybe in the A16 releases kick command, I just tried kicking myself via the console and I get a error that its not a valid player name or entity id. Can anyone confirm that the kick command isn't working in a16?

alyways got this error on SDX tool

Arg: -config=C:\Users\Lord Neophyte\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpC800.tmp

ConfigPath: C:\Users\Lord Neophyte\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpC800.tmp

Target: 7 Days To Die [1.0]

EVENT: Begin task: Backup game files

EVENT: Begin task: Import UnityEngine.dll

INFO: File already exists

EVENT: Begin task: Deobfuscate Assembly Strings

Unbehandelte Ausnahme: System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

bei SevenDaysToDiePlugin.StringDecoderWorker.FindStringLoaderMethod(ModuleDefinition modDef)

bei SevenDaysToDiePlugin.StringDecoderWorker.Work(Assembly asm, ModuleDefinition modDef, String outputPath)

bei SevenDaysToDiePlugin.DeobfStringsTask.Execute()

bei SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunTasks(List`1 tasks, CompilerConfig config)

bei SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunAction(String action, CompilerConfig config)

bei SDXC.Program.Run(SDXCompilerSettings settings)

bei SDXC.Program.Main(String[] args)

but why ?

alyways got this error on SDX tool

Arg: -config=C:\Users\Lord Neophyte\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpC800.tmp

ConfigPath: C:\Users\Lord Neophyte\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpC800.tmp

Target: 7 Days To Die [1.0]

EVENT: Begin task: Backup game files

EVENT: Begin task: Import UnityEngine.dll

INFO: File already exists

EVENT: Begin task: Deobfuscate Assembly Strings

Unbehandelte Ausnahme: System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

bei SevenDaysToDiePlugin.StringDecoderWorker.FindStringLoaderMethod(ModuleDefinition modDef)

bei SevenDaysToDiePlugin.StringDecoderWorker.Work(Assembly asm, ModuleDefinition modDef, String outputPath)

bei SevenDaysToDiePlugin.DeobfStringsTask.Execute()

bei SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunTasks(List`1 tasks, CompilerConfig config)

bei SevenDaysToDiePlugin.Plugin.RunAction(String action, CompilerConfig config)

bei SDXC.Program.Run(SDXCompilerSettings settings)

bei SDXC.Program.Main(String[] args)

but why ?

You're probably trying to compile SDX against an already compiled DLL. Either copy all the items from the SDX backup folder back into the game folders or delete the backup folder in SDX and verify the game in steam to reset it to vanilla

Edit: Does anyone have a copy of the settings.ini I need to upload to the server? I'm not sure whats ment to be in there and the link to the example is dead.

Has anyone tried adding any type of custom power items to a server when loading with sdx? I cant get even the most basic xml items to work on a sdx server even when added to blocks manually. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong with the servers setup or its a sdx issue. I can tell from the debugs in my sdx mods that it cant find the TileEntityPoweredBlock. The issue seems exactly the same with xml only mods. It acts like its connecting the wires but no wires attach and the items don't power up. They work great in SP.

If anyone has a sdx server running could they try this simple xml mod for me? This is an exact copy one of the ones I tried

<block id="1223" name="Powered Door Sensor">
<property name="Extends" value="motionsensor" />
<property name="CustomIcon" value="motionsensor" />
<property name="TakeDelay" value="5" />
<property name="YawRange" value="360" />
<property name="PitchRange" value="360" />
<property name="MaxDistance" value="8" />
<!-- <property name="FallAsleepTime" value="10" /> -->
<property name="OnlySimpleRotations" value="false" />
<property class="UpgradeBlock">
</property>
</block>

Edit: Does anyone have a copy of the settings.ini I need to upload to the server? I'm not sure whats ment to be in there and the link to the example is dead.

Has anyone tried adding any type of custom power items to a server when loading with sdx? I cant get even the most basic xml items to work on a sdx server even when added to blocks manually. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong with the servers setup or its a sdx issue. I can tell from the debugs in my sdx mods that it cant find the TileEntityPoweredBlock. The issue seems exactly the same with xml only mods. It acts like its connecting the wires but no wires attach and the items don't power up. They work great in SP.

If anyone has a sdx server running could they try this simple xml mod for me? This is an exact copy one of the ones I tried

<block id="1223" name="Powered Door Sensor">
<property name="Extends" value="motionsensor" />
<property name="CustomIcon" value="motionsensor" />
<property name="TakeDelay" value="5" />
<property name="YawRange" value="360" />
<property name="PitchRange" value="360" />
<property name="MaxDistance" value="8" />
<!-- <property name="FallAsleepTime" value="10" /> -->
<property name="OnlySimpleRotations" value="false" />
<property class="UpgradeBlock">
</property>
</block>

Settings.ini format:

[Main]

TargetDir =C:\7D2D\7DaysToDie\sdx/Targets\7DaysToDie

TargetName =7 Days To Die

Where your TargetDir = is the value pointing to where the Config.xml is.

In the above example:

C:\7D2D\7DaystoDie\7daystodie.exe

C:\7D2D\7DaystoDie\sdx/Targets\7DaysToDie

Is sdx working on a16?

SDX is itself is working. Some mods will work as-is, while others may need some changes.

There's a few issues where the UI isn't managed properly. I simple use vanilla UI to copy over top of the SDX-updated copies.

You're probably trying to compile SDX against an already compiled DLL. Either copy all the items from the SDX backup folder back into the game folders or delete the backup folder in SDX and verify the game in steam to reset it to vanilla

ah ok...thanks HAL

will try it

Yes, this is a tricky one if you don't realize what is happening.

Sometimes SDX will finish, and deploy its modified DLL, even if it didn't do everything you wanted. Then you delete your Backup folder, and it re-makes the backup with the modified DLL, and you are in a whole world of hurt.

In my testing environment, I actually use SDX to modify my Steam version directly (I play with a copy elsewhere). That way, I can re-validate if need be easily enough.

Settings.ini format:

[Main]

TargetDir =C:\7D2D\7DaysToDie\sdx/Targets\7DaysToDie

Where your TargetDir = is the value pointing to where the Config.xml is.

In the above example:

C:\7D2D\7DaystoDie\7daystodie.exe

C:\7D2D\7DaystoDie\sdx/Targets\7DaysToDie

So that point to the clients target folder so do the players need to all have sdx and the game installed in the same location?

This is what I got. I'm just about to test it? I guess I'll need to change the install folder to drive C

[Main]

TargetDir =M:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\sdx/Targets\7DaysToDie

Game install folder is here:

M:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7daystodie.exe

And SDX is here:

M:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\sdx\Targets\7DaysToDie

i dont know i cant get sdx working - without mods it works but when i add mods i get errors -

error:Failed to compile patchmods

Error: task compile mod patcher scripts failed

Find Files: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalArrows\PatchScripts, *.cs

Dir not found: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalArrows\PatchScripts

Find Files: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalDarkRun\PatchScripts, *.cs

Dir not found: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalDarkRun\PatchScripts

Find Files: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalMapReveal\PatchScripts, *.cs

Find Files: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalQuadcopter\PatchScripts, *.cs

Find Files: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\SDX Mods - Electric Door v1.0 - Alpha 16\PatchScripts, *.cs

Dir not found: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\SDX Mods - Electric Door v1.0 - Alpha 16\PatchScripts

Find Files: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\SDX Mods - Elevator v2.0.4\PatchScripts, *.cs

Dir not found: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\SDX Mods - Elevator v2.0.4\PatchScripts

Find Files: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\SDX Mods - Powered Doors And Hatches v1.0\PatchScripts, *.cs

Dir not found: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\SDX Mods - Powered Doors And Hatches v1.0\PatchScripts

INFO: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalMapReveal\PatchScripts\PatcherMapReveal.cs

INFO: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalQuadcopter\PatchScripts\HalicopterPatcher.cs

Compiling PatchScripts assembly...

Find Files: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalArrows\PatchScripts, *.dll

Dir not found: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalArrows\PatchScripts

Find Files: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalDarkRun\PatchScripts, *.dll

Dir not found: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX

Hello, can where help me ?

Hello, i from Germany and my English is not so good sorry for this.

My Question working this with A16.1 b1 ?

I Try this multiple times to Install ever with a Clean "AppData/Roaming" and "7Days To Die".

I become ever the Error on Log: "FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format".

though i can click Play the Game oder Load etc. if click Play he stopped by "UI Load" always.

I become not a Error on the Load.

My procedure:

1. Download SDX 0.7.0 Christmas 2016 and unpack this.
  2. I Start "SDXLauncher" and set the Pfad on Setting to the "7Days to Die" dir.
  3. Save and Restart the Launcher to apply the Pfad.
  4. I Download a SDX Mod bsp. "Halicopter Pickup Service" , "[Mod] Powered Doors And Hatches" this for A16 and unpack this.
  5. After unpack copy the Files on "SDX 0.7.0/Target/.. ../Mods/" and launch the SDX.
  6. Now i select the Mods and click "Build" after this become first error "\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll: error CS1704" i used Google and i found a thread he say removed this.
  7. I removed "Assembly-CSharp.dll" and reply click "Build". Now without a Error he is Complete.
  8. I Click play and become the Error "FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format" and stopped by "UI Load".

Thanks for help and please help i will play with the awesome Mods.

These are the steps I take to get SDX working on alpha 16. You'll need to download the empty mod.ll before you start. See the bottom of this post for the link.

• Check you have a clean install of the game (verify integrity of game files in steam)
  • Install a new, clean copy of sdx.
  • Copy the blank mods.dll files into YOUR INSTALL FOLDER PATH\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed
  • Note: If you're modding a server you need to rename the folder "7DaysToDieServer_Data" to "7DaysToDie_Data" before the next steps and change it back at the end.
  • Confirm the game folder is correct in sdx's settings.
  • Click build with no mods added or selected to make your back-up.
  • Open the sdx back-up folder and delete the XUi_Menu & XUi folders from Data/Config.
  • Open the mods folder and add your mods.
  • Close and reopen sdx and you should see your mods in the list.
  • Select the mods you want to install and click build.
  • Launch the game via sdx.

here´s a "empty" mods.dll, thx to mortelentus for it!! just unpack both files into your 7DaysToDie_Data\Managed folder. This solve the problems with that missing mods.dll reference :loyal:

i dont know i cant get sdx working - without mods it works but when i add mods i get errors -

error:Failed to compile patchmods

Error: task compile mod patcher scripts failed

Find Files: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalArrows\PatchScripts, *.cs

Find Files: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalDarkRun\PatchScripts, *.cs

Dir not found: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalDarkRun\PatchScripts

Find Files: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalMapReveal\PatchScripts, *.cs

Find Files: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalQuadcopter\PatchScripts, *.cs

Find Files: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\SDX Mods - Electric Door v1.0 - Alpha 16\PatchScripts, *.cs

Dir not found: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\SDX Mods - Electric Door v1.0 - Alpha 16\PatchScripts

Find Files: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\SDX Mods - Elevator v2.0.4\PatchScripts, *.cs

Dir not found: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\SDX Mods - Elevator v2.0.4\PatchScripts

Find Files: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\SDX Mods - Powered Doors And Hatches v1.0\PatchScripts, *.cs

Dir not found: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\SDX Mods - Powered Doors And Hatches v1.0\PatchScripts

INFO: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalMapReveal\PatchScripts\PatcherMapReveal.cs

INFO: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalQuadcopter\PatchScripts\HalicopterPatcher.cs

Compiling PatchScripts assembly...

Find Files: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalArrows\PatchScripts, *.dll

Find Files: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX A16/Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalDarkRun\PatchScripts, *.dll

Dir not found: C:\Users\Stallionsden\Desktop\SDX

These Dir not found's are not errors but just info I think, I see Dir not found messages in every build, did you try loading the game after?

So that point to the clients target folder so do the players need to all have sdx and the game installed in the same location?

This is what I got. I'm just about to test it? I guess I'll need to change the install folder to drive C

[Main]

TargetDir =M:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\sdx/Targets\7DaysToDie

Game install folder is here:

M:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\7daystodie.exe

And SDX is here:

M:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\sdx\Targets\7DaysToDie

This is the one of those 'challenging' things in SDX that I really don't like. The fact that we have a settings.ini file that must be changed on the client to reflect their unique path, when the sub-folder structure is consistent throughout most SDX mods.

I wanted to be able to provide users with a consistent experience which was consistent with non-SDX mods. We all know SDX is special and super cool, but for installation purposes, it's much better to be consistent than different.

Since the 7D2D Mod Launcher can install a large variety of mods, it needs to do it consistently. However, as a personal rule, I want mods that are in the Mod Launcher to be installable without using the Mod Launcher. Not everyone wants to install a special launcher to play their game, so any mods that run in it, can be install and ran outside of it. I'm not interested in creating a 'gating' tool for mods.

So I modified the SDX.Payload.dll.

Once SDX finds the Config.xml, it'll look for a "Mods/<ModName>" as it does under "sdx\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods". Hard-coding where it looks for Config.xml, relative to the Application.dataPath(), then you don't need to worry about having a settings.ini. A simple tweak again to the DLL would let you maintain the sdx/Targets/7DaysToDie folder structure, but I found supporting a new top level structure was inconsistent with all other mods for 7 Days to Die.

From the ReadMe:

This modified SDX.Payload.dll will allow you to skip adding the -sdxconfig= parameter to your 7 Days to Die.exe and hard-coded values.

** Use this DLL edit only if you follow the "Mod Installation Instructions".

Mod Installation Instructions:

When creating your Mod download, place the Config.xml in the same folder as 7daystodie.exe or 7daystodieserver.exe. Also, any Resources you use, such as messes, should be located under Mods\<ModName>\Resources.

Example:

7daystodie.exe

Config.xml

Mods\HalDllUpdates

Mods\True Survival SDX\Resources

i would like to see SDX.Payload.dll support out-of-box for finding the Config.xml in two places, under sdx\Targets\7DaysToDie or from Application.dataPath.ToString() + "../".

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, i from Germany and my English is not so good sorry for this.

My Question working this with A16.1 b1 ?

I Try this multiple times to Install ever with a Clean "AppData/Roaming" and "7Days To Die".

I become ever the Error on Log: "FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format".

though i can click Play the Game oder Load etc. if click Play he stopped by "UI Load" always.

I become not a Error on the Load.

My procedure:

1. Download SDX 0.7.0 Christmas 2016 and unpack this.
  2. I Start "SDXLauncher" and set the Pfad on Setting to the "7Days to Die" dir.
  3. Save and Restart the Launcher to apply the Pfad.
  4. I Download a SDX Mod bsp. "Halicopter Pickup Service" , "[Mod] Powered Doors And Hatches" this for A16 and unpack this.
  5. After unpack copy the Files on "SDX 0.7.0/Target/.. ../Mods/" and launch the SDX.
  6. Now i select the Mods and click "Build" after this become first error "\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll: error CS1704" i used Google and i found a thread he say removed this.
  7. I removed "Assembly-CSharp.dll" and reply click "Build". Now without a Error he is Complete.
  8. I Click play and become the Error "FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format" and stopped by "UI Load".

Thanks for help and please help i will play with the awesome Mods.

three08's post address this, but I wanted to make it clear which step is relevant to your error:

"Copy the XUi_Menu & XUi folders from the sdx back-up folder over the ones in the games installs Data/Config folder. (You might only need to do XUi_Menu I've always just done both)"

Archived