War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

Would anyone know how to modify the game so almost no wasteland biomes are generated? I have tried a few dozen seeds and each seems to spawn me next to one of these biomes. I have to either go across one to get to a trader (or it's in one) or the closest town is partially in a wasteland biome. For starting out, this biome makes it harder to survive due to what spawns there (eyeing the 2 irradiated cops I seem to always find).

my server was on day 272 then we went to day 273 horde nite and then when day 274 come it set us back to day 272 all it keeps doing any idea why ???? i have the bot on my server so its set to shut down every 2 hrs but its not reading a saved world for day 273 and 274 why it taken us back to day 272 last save the botman has so something goin on with mod ..

First time playing WoW and it's great! Lots of fun :)

Question: I'm unable to salvage flat screen TVs using a Wrench.

Also no joy salvaging end tables with lamps, light fixtures.

___Edit: no joy trying to Salvage the various Consoles that give Eletrical Parts/Components in vanilla.

___ the utility pole 'tops' are salvagable w Wrench

If anyone could let me know if that is per design or not I'd really appreciate it!

and unable to "Pick Up" Electric Fence Posts. <-Edit: forgot to place a land claim, doh!

---

Has anyone added back in the ability of the Wrench to Upgrade/Repair? If so would you be kind enough to post the xml bits? ___ Edit: believe the Repair is working fine, just not Upgrading.

Reason being: I'm always carrying a Wrench to Salvage, and while looting I occasionally want to wall off an entry/window. Right now I'm winding up crafting then scrapping a Hammer, and, frankly, it's just becoming a bit of a pain...heh.

---

Oh, Plastic. Any tips on where a good source is? Trying to gather 250 for one of the Class Quests. Only know that Blinds yield Plastic...

Thanks in advance!

Edited by FileMachete (see edit history)

Oh, Plastic. Any tips on where a good source is? Trying to gather 250 for one of the Class Quests. Only know that Blinds yield Plastic...

Thanks in advance!

When I was working on those quests to get a tremendous amount of plastics, I routinely checked traders for any surplus which helped to in-bulk boost the amount, also try any schools or POI with student desks, there are always a dozen or more per room and they give plastic, also those bathtubs, give quite a bit of plastic depending on the quality/material of axe you are using (sometimes over 20 units per tub if you have a good axe + skill), check the class machines as well (if you have any of your own or if you find a trader with class vending machines).

When I was working on those quests to get a tremendous amount of plastics, I routinely checked traders for any surplus which helped to in-bulk boost the amount, also try any schools or POI with student desks, there are always a dozen or more per room and they give plastic, also those bathtubs, give quite a bit of plastic depending on the quality/material of axe you are using (sometimes over 20 units per tub if you have a good axe + skill), check the class machines as well (if you have any of your own or if you find a trader with class vending machines).

Excellent tips @Xeph , Thanks! I did wind up buying some from the Trader. Didn't hit any schools since I'd found a few book stores, & had completely forgotten the desks yield plastic, gah... Will definately give bathtubs a try. Much appreciated!

Hi there! Guys why the zombies don't run in the night time? The settings are set to default (Day walk, Night run).

I'm new to WoW but my understanding is that Z's that run will run, no matter day or night. So Football players always run, Ferals as well.

Be warned that night time spawns seem to heavily favor irradiated/feral type Z's, so while a 'normal' Marlene/Boe/etc will still walk at night, they aren't as likely to spawn; their more hyper versions are.

If I got that wrong hopefully someone will correct me, but it's the best I can offer, hope it helps :)

In case anyone else has been stumped by trying to harvest Electric Parts from lights, seems a Screwdriver is needed. huh.

In the blocks.xml file starting at porchLight01 the Harvest lines have,

"<drop event="Harvest" name="electricParts" count="1,4" tool_category="Screwdriver"/>"

while original file has,

"<drop event="Harvest" name="electricParts" count="1,4" tool_category="Disassemble"/>"

Some common 'wrenched' items like Fridges/AirCond appear to be set up so either a wrench (or a Disassemble tool) -or- a Screwdriver can be used and will yield same type & number of bits.

The big one that I couldn't wrench were the 'consoles' or 'control panels'. Haven't tested but 90% sure they are the "controlPanelBase01".

(ones with decaled dials/lights/levers/etc, also used as the base for the very tall Truss towers at the, I think, 'Cell Tower POI'.)

And it takes a Screwdriver to harvest Electric/Electronic Parts from them.

---

Worth noting that there are several additional "tool_category" beyond "Disassemble" & Screwdriver;

IronHarvest

SteelHarvest

TungstenHarvest

HDDisassemble

Haven't dug down to find out what's in each. If anyone cares to then they might want to check out "cntCar03SedanDamage0" (blocks.xml) for an example of what each yields.

Me too, without the hashtag :p

Wow, Linda...thanks for the suggestion and the help. Honestly, I've been trying this only with single player, so therefore, I don't think I'm on a server. I hear my kids and husband playing it and I honestly didn't even think about roping them into starting a multiplayer game and letting me try. Don't feel too bad, school is back in so I'm getting my revenge in the "NO GAMES DURING THE SCHOOL WEEK"...but it may cause a civil war this week end, so I'll try and take you up on your kind offer! LoL

I'll repost if it works or not. I'd love to find a common denominator in those of us that are experiencing this. So far, two of us have the exact same video card (GeForce GTX 1050). I really hope I don't have to pester my husband into changing my video card out...this is a fairly new computer, only about 8 months old. =/

I was having the same problems using the mod launcher. I cut tjat out of the equation, and created a desktop shortcut for WOTW. Haven't had a problem yet running on mp server.

Hey thanks for the great mod and the amazing work. I just have a quick question is item scraping like empty can door nob etc. locked behind a perk? if yes wich one? Could find it.

There are "Scrapping for Dummies" (At least the texture looks like it) Books for Iron, Brass, Plastic, Tungsten, etc. Can be annoying to get them all...

Disclaimer - am a modding noob for this game.

It's unclear to me whether or not I can install a 72 slot backpack with version 5.3 of this mod.

Is this possible? And could someone help me out with instructions on how to do so?

I would appreciate it. Please assume I need all instructions for the mod process for this game.

Thank you.

Disclaimer - am a modding noob for this game.

It's unclear to me whether or not I can install a 72 slot backpack with version 5.3 of this mod.

Is this possible? And could someone help me out with instructions on how to do so?

I would appreciate it. Please assume I need all instructions for the mod process for this game.

Thank you.

The newest version has a large backpack. Normal size is no more.

You can't really install another mod because lots of UI changes are done.

Having a bit of trouble progressing. At level 121 and only a single Survivalist book fragment. Only four Marksman fragments, and two of those purchased from Traders.

Have found and repeatedly looted 3 small book stores and 2 large (no skyscrapers). Only found a couple of gun ranges, no vanilla Shotgun Mess stores. (for perspective I've looted 30+ Scholar fragments)

Any tips on where to find the Marksman & Survivalist fragments would be really appreciated!

Also haven't found any POIs where there are Class Vending Machines.

A while back I watched an earlier playthrough of WoW by Kage848 where he found a large building which had all the class vending machines.

Are those still in 5.3.x? If so could someone let me know if they're still the same, or has the building been redone?

----

Question: If I buy something like the FAMAS Parts Recipes, will that -also- allow me to Assemble & Repair the FAMAS?

----

Feedback: the Sword. ug. Was really looking forward to unlocking & crafting one. When I did I was quite disappointed. Was expecting it to be similar to the Katana in Ravenhearst. The animation for the sword is the same stilted one as the bats, and the stats are only similar to the 'iron' machete. The Steel Machete does something like 25 more entity damage, so I can't really see any purpose for the sword. At least as it is now.

----

Suggestion: consider lowering the perk cost for the two larger storage containers (Large & X-Large). 10 points for each seems quite high.

Also, and no idea if this will ever be possible (or if it is, was too chicken to try); but if the full block 'crates' could be Upgraded from Large to X-Large that would be really useful.

Also haven't found any POIs where there are Class Vending Machines.

A while back I watched an earlier playthrough of WoW by Kage848 where he found a large building which had all the class vending machines.

Are those still in 5.3.x? If so could someone let me know if they're still the same, or has the building been redone?

Those are the "Class Stores" and they are very much still in the game. Actually, IIRC, there is a new, larger one with two traders inside...but I have yet to find one of those. The Regular building is pretty tally, and square, with one single entry way up a short flight of stairs, and no windows. They can be in cities, and they can be out in the middle of nowhere.

As far as fragments...it's all random (AFAIK), so there really is no way to find a specific type of fragment. I've gotten quite a few from book shelves/magazine racks, so you might hunt for some of those. I know I've done well from "pirate" ships, and Canuck Super Stores too....

Those are the "Class Stores" and they are very much still in the game. Actually, IIRC, there is a new, larger one with two traders inside...but I have yet to find one of those. The Regular building is pretty tally, and square, with one single entry way up a short flight of stairs, and no windows. They can be in cities, and they can be out in the middle of nowhere.

As far as fragments...it's all random (AFAIK), so there really is no way to find a specific type of fragment. I've gotten quite a few from book shelves/magazine racks, so you might hunt for some of those. I know I've done well from "pirate" ships, and Canuck Super Stores too....

Thanks @mpking , much appreciated! I'd pretty much given up hope, but I'll press on searching for a Class Store now :)

Thanks @mpking , much appreciated! I'd pretty much given up hope, but I'll press on searching for a Class Store now :)

I am playing this in single player and I am level 91 atm. I have found all the class fragments and completed all the quests besides the ones you get for each class, like make silver armor. I had them all completed by the time I was level 70 I believe. It is all down to random gen. Don't look for them in bookcases, as I found mine mainly in trash, Zombies, safes and such. I have found a few, like maybe 10-15, in the bookcases but they are otherwise usually empty. Good Luck.

I am playing this in single player and I am level 91 atm. I have found all the class fragments and completed all the quests besides the ones you get for each class, like make silver armor. I had them all completed by the time I was level 70 I believe. It is all down to random gen. Don't look for them in bookcases, as I found mine mainly in trash, Zombies, safes and such. I have found a few, like maybe 10-15, in the bookcases but they are otherwise usually empty. Good Luck.

Yowsa that's fast progression! Hit lvl 140 last night & I still have only a single Survivalist Class fragment. Finally got the fifth Marksman fragment about lvl 120, at the -7th- Trader.

After earlier post I opened the editor map and combed through it. Couldn't find a single Class Store within the size 1 map. At least not the 'old' style no-windows ones. Admit I cheated by noting Trader locs, heh.

Wondered if I was bugged for Class Stores so tried another seed. First try random seed, two no-window Class Stores within 1500 of 0-0.

Started that game for a minute just to see what was in those stores. Wow. Definately handicapped without a Class Store!

So I "added" one in to my game by adding in class vending machines to a Nepa base POI about 2 clicks from the Nepa base I've used as my base since I first found it day 3 or so. The Nepa POI was a hell of a find, and not a single z has spawned inside. Felt pretty cheaty but with the much slower access to concrete I really wasn't sure how I'd survive the first horde night other than hiding underground, which I really didn't want to do. It's roof top garden is great. Never tried that on a base before, but it's a great idea and adds another useful thing to do at night.

To your tips; I do loot trash since I'm used to that being a good place to find brass & lead. 3500+ kills and all looted. Have 2000+ bones for glue but not enough Cloth for duct tape. Seems that campsites aren't in WoW? Planning to hit a couple military POIs, mostly for their tents, heh.

Really appreciate the reply @Buddha18 :)

Random thought on the map tool. Would be awesome if it could scrape/capture the text above POIs and dump it into a file.

That way you could quickly check if certain buildings were on the map, without having to visually search for them.

Would also allow those who don't really want to 'know' where something is, 'know' that it -is- there to be found.

After earlier post I opened the editor map and combed through it. Couldn't find a single Class Store within the size 1 map. At least not the 'old' style no-windows ones. Admit I cheated by noting Trader locs, heh.

Wondered if I was bugged for Class Stores so tried another seed. First try random seed, two no-window Class Stores within 1500 of 0-0.

Started that game for a minute just to see what was in those stores. Wow. Definately handicapped without a Class Store!

Strange. On my seed I got 5 big/blocky/no windows Class stores that I know of. Didn't played in a while but will check when I got home if I have seed name if you like.

Strange. On my seed I got 5 big/blocky/no windows Class stores that I know of. Didn't played in a while but will check when I got home if I have seed name if you like.

Appreciate the offer @mikey33rs but honestly I doubt I'll start another WoW playthrough before A17 (hit lvl 150 last night). Does sound like a fun seed so others might be interested :) (fwiw it sounds like A17s random world gen is getting overhauled)

Related to Class Stores: Noticed that Skill books from class vending machines sell for 60% more than they cost? (think I have that right)

Haven't checked high value items like military armor but their prices in vending machines seem lower than what they'd sell for at Traders?

Note this is with all secret stash/trader skills/perks maxed. Doubt the class vending machines could be used to make money until all those are maxed but thought it was worth mentioning for any future balancing.

Comment on rifles: personally I'd suggest that the M25 be allowed to add a can (suppressor). That, to me, would then make it the 'ideal' rifle. Full disclosure, I always change the mag size for the Sniper to hold 20 so that it mimics 'rl'. If I didn't do that then the AK or M25 would be a clear winner for horde night due to mag capacity, but even with only 5-round mags I'd still carry the suppressed Sniper for everything else.

I have been looking for a cutting board for the last week of IRL days. It is a required material for building the food prep station, and it shows what you need to craft one in the crafting menu. But it does not show the "craft" button. Does anyone know if I must loot, buy, or craft the cutting board in a specific station, Thanks.