Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Maybe you could implement weapon jamming/misfire, with the chance increasing with low durability weapons, to stimulate the player to keep his weapons always repaired and not to wait until the weapon almost broken. Better tier weapons would have a better reliability, maybe each weapon type would have its own inherited reliability, some better, some worse. 

20 minutes ago, unlike them said:

Maybe you could implement weapon jamming/misfire, with the chance increasing with low durability weapons, to stimulate the player to keep his weapons always repaired and not to wait until the weapon almost broken. Better tier weapons would have a better reliability, maybe each weapon type would have its own inherited reliability, some better, some worse. 

Talked about weapon jamming as well, that's something that could be done, a % based chance for weapons to break and set durability to 0 when, lets say, for example, after weapons durability goes below a certain threshold like 25%. Different model guns could have different chance to jam/break.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, Mug said:

I'm not sure if it is intended, but you can't add a weighted head to a morning star.  The weapon looks really good though.

If you cared to read the description of the morning star, it states:
"A deadly improvement over a regular mace featuring spiked weighted head instead of a typical blunt head. Will cause bleeding."

Hope that clears things up ;)

I'lm starting off my UL server (right now 2.3.34) by disabling the enemy spawn (yeah, I know, kind of defeats the concept of zombie survival).  Next month, when I re-enable it, do you think (or maybe even know) will the enemy spawn cycle resume ok?

5 hours ago, AKMARK5000 said:

I'lm starting off my UL server (right now 2.3.34) by disabling the enemy spawn (yeah, I know, kind of defeats the concept of zombie survival).  Next month, when I re-enable it, do you think (or maybe even know) will the enemy spawn cycle resume ok?

It should

@Moragor Thanks for the report.

Will be fixed in next update, however at this time there are no more plans to release stable updates for a while. I've moved on to the next experimental phase, so until that's done, it might take some time until the fix will be available for stable.

After you take 'animal tracker' perk, there is this message 'YOU DO NOT SEE ANY TRACKS AROUND HERE' every time you crouch. It is distracting and often overrides any other message (like 'your skill has improved' etc.).  I think you can safely remove this message without any damage to the perk. I would never even take the perk just to not have this message every time I crouch.

PS Loving the game, especially riding in the night with police lights on in my police SUV!

Edited by unlike them (see edit history)

@Subquake Do you plan to add recipes to dismantle ammo to its core components like bullet casing + bullet tip + gunpowder? If i scrap ammo now i get only 1 brass / ammo and nothing more. That would be nice if i get some possibility to convert unused ammo to more useful ones.

Edited by kexes (see edit history)

4 hours ago, kexes said:

@Subquake Do you plan to add recipes to dismantle ammo to its core components like bullet casing + bullet tip + gunpowder? If i scrap ammo now i get only 1 brass / ammo and nothing more. That would be nice if i get some possibility to convert unused ammo to more useful ones.

Maybe, can't promise, because I want to add custom ammo casings for each ammo type and it would do very little good anyway.

Hello everyone! 

Sorry if these questions have been asked before, I looked around and couldn't find the answers I am looking for.

1. Is there a place that gives you an idea of what crafting stations/benches to build in what order? It seems every time I try to build something, I find I need to make a different station for it, and then that station needs another station, etc. 

2. Where are the config files located? It seems the mod does not use all of the settings in the regular config files. I saw in a video you can tweak encumbrance as well. 

Any info is greatly appreciated.

This mod is amazing, keep up the great work Subquake! 

56 minutes ago, bosslyp said:

Hello everyone! 

Sorry if these questions have been asked before, I looked around and couldn't find the answers I am looking for.

1. Is there a place that gives you an idea of what crafting stations/benches to build in what order? It seems every time I try to build something, I find I need to make a different station for it, and then that station needs another station, etc. 

2. Where are the config files located? It seems the mod does not use all of the settings in the regular config files. I saw in a video you can tweak encumbrance as well. 

Any info is greatly appreciated.

This mod is amazing, keep up the great work Subquake! 

1. You pretty much answered the question with the question, you build new stations as the need arises for them, there are many of them and some have multiple tiers and due to the sandbox nature of the game, concentrate your efforts in making those, that you feel you need the most in a given moment in the game, the way the workstations were set up was by logic and item/block recipes were categorized accordingly. For example, Artisans table is responsible in crafting stone things, therefore making furnace and blacksmith's forge requires it.

That said, the mod is still very much work in progress and I'm constantly working on it and improving/expanding things, so things can change in the future when enough feedback is gathered on what people like, hate, what's good, bad or difficult etc.

2. Ability to adjust encumbrance was removed a while ago, because it didn't feel right to me, that people were simply disabling it completely without even giving it a proper try. More customization options will be added later, but work on those is on halt until A20 drops and currently my efforts are focused on other things.

As for any info, I'd suggest joining Undead Legacy discord channel and exchange experiences with other players playing it, I'm sure others will be happy to exchange some tips and tricks they've learned up to this point. For me it's hard, because I usually end up just spoiling and saying too much and I think the fun of it is to discover new things by yourself or together with a group of friends - that's why most of you guys are here, aren't you, to explore new experiences beyond vanilla gameplay :)

Thank you for replying. While I agree with a lot of what you said, here are some further thoughts after playing for a while:

1. When I asked about a "place" for an idea of what to build in what order, I meant an online resource like a wiki. I understand what you were saying about building things as you need, however with no experience playing the mod before it is difficult and a bit frustrating when you want to craft something, take the time to gather everything to make the crafting station it requires just to find out you need something that is made on another station. I am not asking you to include this in the mod at all, I was just curious if someone on the forum had made a guide or tree of some sort to help new players to the mod. 

2. As far as the config/encumbrance options are concerned, I agree with you that disabling completely defeats the purpose, I was simply looking to adjust it to be a little lower. Perhaps remove the option to disable but still allow it to be modified if that is possible.

I also understand you are focused on other things and you are one person that has created a mod that is much better than the base game IMO. I think what you have done is amazing and the devs could learn quite a bit from what you have done with their game. 

Hello again subquake

1. Have you deliberately retained the opportunity to extract water from the snow? Possibly a bug

2. Among the titanium weapons, I found two swords (machete and katana), an ax, a spear and a sledgehammer. But there is not a single club. Will the titanium club appear? Or some other endgame club

3. I noticed a rather strong drawdown of fps during a blood moon when using a minigun. And not only for me, but also for my teammate. This is strange, but true

4. Have you thought about adding the ability to minimize the zombie loot icons (I don't know if this is possible)? During the bloody moons, there are a lot of them, and since they are tall, bright and futuristic, this does not look very good (in my opinion)

Thank you, like ur mode 🙂

3 hours ago, bachgaman said:

1. Have you deliberately retained the opportunity to extract water from the snow? Possibly a bug

2. Among the titanium weapons, I found two swords (machete and katana), an ax, a spear and a sledgehammer. But there is not a single club. Will the titanium club appear? Or some other endgame club

3. I noticed a rather strong drawdown of fps during a blood moon when using a minigun. And not only for me, but also for my teammate. This is strange, but true

4. Have you thought about adding the ability to minimize the zombie loot icons (I don't know if this is possible)? During the bloody moons, there are a lot of them, and since they are tall, bright and futuristic, this does not look very good (in my opinion)

1. Yes, for now.
2. Yes, later, once a suited asset is found for one.
3. It's that fast, the game can't keep up, might reduce fire rate for it :D
4. The way loot icons show up is intentional so that you see them far away.

6 hours ago, bosslyp said:

Thank you for replying. While I agree with a lot of what you said, here are some further thoughts after playing for a while:

1. When I asked about a "place" for an idea of what to build in what order, I meant an online resource like a wiki. I understand what you were saying about building things as you need, however with no experience playing the mod before it is difficult and a bit frustrating when you want to craft something, take the time to gather everything to make the crafting station it requires just to find out you need something that is made on another station. I am not asking you to include this in the mod at all, I was just curious if someone on the forum had made a guide or tree of some sort to help new players to the mod. 

2. As far as the config/encumbrance options are concerned, I agree with you that disabling completely defeats the purpose, I was simply looking to adjust it to be a little lower. Perhaps remove the option to disable but still allow it to be modified if that is possible.

I also understand you are focused on other things and you are one person that has created a mod that is much better than the base game IMO. I think what you have done is amazing and the devs could learn quite a bit from what you have done with their game. 

There were plans for a wiki and I had a wiki website based on mediawiki template set up for few years, but decided to drop it and made my own website without the wiki template (http://ul.subquake.com/), but it's probably never gonna have a full wiki-style rundown of all the things in the mod, because first of all, that would be a lot of extra work to maintain that information up to date for a constantly changing and improving mod, because it's very much work in progress and no where near finished and secondly I am the kind of person that doesn't like if you have to break your immersion from the game and open up some website in your browser to look up some information, therefore the solution should be improving information about things inside the game instead.

Isn't a wiki the work from the fans/users not from the devs ? 🙂

Just add the wiki templete back, so people can create/modify entries. There are allways some people which like to do such things. Special now since your mod become more popular and attracted more player.

48 minutes ago, Canute said:

Isn't a wiki the work from the fans/users not from the devs ? 🙂

Just add the wiki templete back, so people can create/modify entries. There are allways some people which like to do such things. Special now since your mod become more popular and attracted more player.

Yeah, no... I don't want to be responsible in monitoring content added to the site. Now it's a bit more difficult than it used to be because of copyright issues and trolls and I just don't have that extra energy to do that. And speaking of wiki's, the one for vanilla 7 days to die is not even up to date and there's tens of thousands of players who play the game, yet no one bothers to help and maintain information to be relevant to the current state of the game, and you expect people to do that for the games mod with even smaller audience?

People come and go, lose interest in the game and in my mod, that's just how it is. When I made the discord channel for Undead Legacy about 3 years ago, there's hardly anyone left in the channel, that's been there since the beginning, people move on and this fact alone makes me super appreciative about all my supporters on patreon, who stick around and help me in the long run and understand that things take time and managing maintaining an up to date wiki for the mod would seep into that precious time, that could otherwise be spent in developing content for the mod.

Also there's nothing worse than misleading information and having people come in confusion and ask, but hey, wiki about your mod says that things are done in this or that way, but you cannot do that in the mod. I already get that when people play my mod and ask stuff like that in reference to a youtube video they saw a while back about the mod. Point of all this is that maintaining up to date and relevant information for a constantly evolving project is not an easy task and even if I don't manage a wiki myself, there's no guarantee that the people who would, would do it indefinitely and when they decide to move on, I would be stuck doing that stuff myself or beg for people to help me out and I don't want to do that.

Question:

Is there preferred settings for this mod? I have my server set to mostly everything hard. Difficulty = 5, Zombies = jog and it seems like they are moving pretty fast and I'm hitting super weak. Takes A LOT to take down 1 zombie and their reach is so far that you can move back fast enough after hitting them. I do really enjoy a tough survival game but something feels off like maybe I shouldnt have touched the default difficulty because maybe the mod changes stuff on its own. 

Any help or recommendation is appreciated.