Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Possibly a silly question, but are these 2 things from the patch notes related and I can't turn iron ore into scrap iron now until I get as far as building a recycling station ?

Cheers

- Removed several items from being scrapped in Backpack to Recycling Station

- Removed ability to scrap ore into scrap metals

1 hour ago, Grolbu said:

Possibly a silly question, but are these 2 things from the patch notes related and I can't turn iron ore into scrap iron now until I get as far as building a recycling station ?

Cheers

- Removed several items from being scrapped in Backpack to Recycling Station

- Removed ability to scrap ore into scrap metals

No, ore now can only be refined in the furnace :) 

I don’t understand how to repair a maintainable vehicle, for example, a minibike. All the necessary parts in the backpack, minibike maintenance too. How to use maintenance, what am I doing wrong?

So, figured it out, you must first study the maintenance bike!

Edited by elite72 (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Subquake said:

No, ore now can only be refined in the furnace :) 

Ah, so the only way to get scrap iron now is scrapping  / wrenching / pickaxeing metal things ? That's an interesting plot twist !

Love this overhaul, thank you so much !

On 10/3/2022 at 12:30 PM, Subquake said:

It's Y button on the XBOX controller, just a visual bug not showing the key of pickup, will be fixed in .08 patch!

It's not just a visual bug.  It doesn't work with the gamepad.  Works for other things like feeding chickens or bees and getting water, but not for catching chickens.

Hi, We have 2.5.82 version running on our server but want to try 2.6.08.

But when i looked at the serverconfig its the old basic one and doesnt have the options i get when i play 2.6.08 as a single player game.

ie the wondering horde and trader scale options are missing ?

Thanks for any help with this.

@Subquake great work again fella.

41 minutes ago, Malafor said:

Hi, We have 2.5.82 version running on our server but want to try 2.6.08.

But when i looked at the serverconfig its the old basic one and doesnt have the options i get when i play 2.6.08 as a single player game.

ie the wondering horde and trader scale options are missing ?

Thanks for any help with this.

@Subquake great work again fella.

For Single Player they are under Expert settings.

2.6.08 Experimental patch notes:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/73012298

I'm in a bit of a jam here.  Decided to pull the trigger and update to the latest experimental.  Currently using ModLauncher since it worked great for 2.5.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling through mod launcher to use a fresh copy of 20.6 before installing the mod.  Now that the mod is installed (according to ModLauncher, anyway) it's taking me to vanilla 7dtd when I play it and my save games are gone (well, I know they're not actually gone, but the install isn't seeing them at the moment.)  In the installation folder the Mods folder is missing and all I have is a TempMods folder.  It looks like the mod is trying to install, but not fully deploying.  Is this just an issue with ModLauncher and manually installing will fix or am I dealing with a bigger issue on my end?

Also, since I'm sure it will be asked, yes, I manually deleted the Undead Legacy installation after trying all of the above and reinstalled from scratch through ModLauncher with identical results.

UPDATE:  Installing the mod manually seems to resolve the issue.  It would seem that ModLauncher, or at least my installation of ModLauncher isn't deploying the mod properly.  Could be a git issue, but that's Subquake's realm of expertise.

Edited by Skeeter63082 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, tehace said:

Is there a link to download just the updates? I just download the whole mod each time an update is released.

Sadly no. You have to download the complete mod after an update.

As far as i remember Subquake will adress this on the future, but I can be wrong.

1 hour ago, tehace said:

Is there a link to download just the updates? I just download the whole mod each time an update is released.

Sometimes there's incremental updates available, when they are, I'm posting there on my discord channel #announcmenents section

12 hours ago, elite72 said:

I seem to have missed something? Now you can catch chickens and start producing eggs? If so, please tell me how to do it right.

You need to build a chicken coop.  You catch chickens by hitting E when you're close enough to them, you have to be quite close. Then you have to 'fuel' the chicken coop with seeds. The tree seeds you get when you cut trees down will work.

You can also build beehives. You need a queen bee which you have a chance of getting when you harvest honeycomb from tree stumps, and you 'fuel' the beehive with flowers.

Edited by Grolbu (see edit history)

14 hours ago, chilled_blood said:

is there a way to change server settings because every time i change serverconfig.xml it keeps reverting back to mod settings ignoring settings chosen

It really depends on your hosting provider, some don't allow that, some do. If it's your local dedicated server, then every time you  verify steam, it will replace it with defaults unless you reference a custom serverconfig.xml, you can look up how to do that on the interwebz.

What would be nice to see is some form of Hydroponics.

Growing indoors later in the game makes sense as like solar would be something that exists but not be cheap to do.

Early on growing outdoors is simpler due to the zombies not being as bad but later in the game they tend to get destroyed fast unless put out of reach which takes space.