Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

31 minutes ago, spouner said:

Hello, 

Thank you for the answer on the engines, thanks to you we were able to find some 😃

Could you tell us where we can find printed circuit boards please?

bye 😃

Wrench some computers, TVs :)

Thank you 😃 

Only with the whrench or also with ratchet ? 

We also encounter difficulties with the oil extractor, when you put it on the ground, nothing happens, nothing farm .... 

We are in a grass biome, does it have to be in a sand biome to collect and work

thanks you 😃

6 hours ago, spouner said:

Could you tell us where we can find printed circuit boards please?

TV,Desktop PC,Laptop, serveral wall installations like fusebox are all able to pickup.

Sure you can either salvage them with the wrench, or carry them at home and use them at the Dissemble station.

That takes time but i think you will get more out of it, and you will even get research notes.

this WAS a good mod, it had seperate furnace and forge among other things, but i found it too restrictive, by that i mean, it wouldnt play well with other mods, or would even block them entirely, hence why i wont use it anymore.

6 hours ago, arlekin said:

Please tell me, is there an instruction for installing the server and setting it up for the mod?

Install 7 days dedicated server from Steam.

Drop mod into directory just like you would for game.

Configure serverconfig.xml.

Launch startserver.sh.

Worked that easily launching from terminal on linux.

I've still been getting random crashes with this mod after anywhere from 20-60 minutes of playtime. No crash issues with vanilla latest experimental. Sometimes 7 days just closes without warning, other times I see the 7 days to die/unity crash window pop up first, but doesn't seem to be generating crash logs anywhere. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot why it's crashing?

I've tried turning off just about anything that reduces RAM usage - Dynamic Meshes, low view distance, etc. The past few times I've checked it's using around 6-8 GB but I'll have to put a RAM usage overlay on to see if that's the issue.

3 minutes ago, KillerCanuck said:

Hello i wanted to give this Mod a try but i got a phobia about the spiders anyway to remove them? in other mods they are there own modlet but i cant find them here. If not its all good but i will probably need to pass.

Currently there are no spiders in Undead Legacy

It is also not a mod pack, everything in UL is made specifically for UL

5 minutes ago, Deceptive Pastry said:

I've still been getting random crashes with this mod after anywhere from 20-60 minutes of playtime. No crash issues with vanilla latest experimental. Sometimes 7 days just closes without warning, other times I see the 7 days to die/unity crash window pop up first, but doesn't seem to be generating crash logs anywhere. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot why it's crashing?

I've tried turning off just about anything that reduces RAM usage - Dynamic Meshes, low view distance, etc. The past few times I've checked it's using around 6-8 GB but I'll have to put a RAM usage overlay on to see if that's the issue.

Sounds like you simply don't have enough system memory (RAM), it's that simple. And the fact that you can run vanilla isn't a metric, because Undead Legacy adds a lot more content and features on top of vanilla - which needs more than what vanilla does.

22 minutes ago, KillerCanuck said:

Ohhh i looked on your site on the assets section an saw giant spiders so i just thought they were in it my bad thanks for the reply I'm happy now

They are not yet in, no, it's something I might add in, but it's undecided yet.

I've got 16gb RAM and an 8gb page file, and very little else taking up memory on my system. I mean, do you need 32gb to run this mod? I'm not convinced it's maxing out my memory but I'll see what happens when I put RAM usage on my screen instead of just checking it periodically.

EDIT: I found another location for crash logs I wasn't aware of in AppData\Local\Temp\The Fun Pimps. It does seem to be running out of memory. Even though it says I still had 3gb physical memory left, it still seems to be committing more than my total combined physical + virtual memory.

81% physical memory in use.
16334 MB physical memory [3088 MB free].
18055 MB process peak paging file [14635 MB used].
11810 MB process peak working set [6549 MB used].
System Commit Total/Limit/Peak: 20450MB/24526MB/24526MB
System Physical Total/Available: 16334MB/3088MB

So I'm going to try generating a new map the smallest size possible and increasing my page file, see if that helps.

Edited by Deceptive Pastry (see edit history)

Did some more thorough testing and that appears to be what was happening.

On first load into a save, RAM usage goes up to 15gb and commit charge goes up to 23gb. Over time RAM usage actually goes down and settles around 11-13gb, but the commit goes up to and settles around 24-25gb. So it appears I was constantly skirting the limit and crashing once reaching it. Since I increased my page file to 12gb I seem to be avoiding crashes.

So yea, if you have your page file set manually, make sure you have physical memory + page file total of at least 26gb, ideally a little higher to be safe. This mod allocates a @%$# ton of memory lol.

EDIT: The main problem is really 7 days itself though. For comparison, Vanilla 20.5 commits 21-22gb total. The mod only adds an extra couple gigs, but it was just enough to break my initial 24gb limit.

Edited by Deceptive Pastry (see edit history)

7 hours ago, ozmods said:

this WAS a good mod, it had seperate furnace and forge among other things, but i found it too restrictive, by that i mean, it wouldnt play well with other mods, or would even block them entirely, hence why i wont use it anymore.

Um.... no total overhaul is intended to drop other mods in on top of lol.

7 hours ago, KillerCanuck said:

Ohhh i looked on your site on the assets section an saw giant spiders so i just thought they were in it my bad thanks for the reply I'm happy now

Only Darkness Falls got spider, and that is mutated and look's more like a giant octupus but do spider sounds.

Currently i didn't encounter any spiders or other then vanilla animals at Undead Legacy.

8 hours ago, ozmods said:

You WAS a good user, until you didn't notice this isn't a mod or modlet how it is called for 7days, it is an Overhaul.

And for Overhaul mod (and not only at 7days) you shouldn't use other mods with it, since you don't know if they don't interfere with the overhaul.

38 minutes ago, altug said:

I'm on exp version, the lockpicking seems not working on my side, it checks if I have enough skills or not, if yes, nothing happens, I'm also using NPCMod, can it be related to that?

NPC Mod is not compatible with UL, most other modlets/mods are not

Hey Subquake got a question for you

I've been installing these doors into 70 prefabs so far , and they are no longer listed anywhere , but the doors on the prefabs remain so they were not removed , but they seem to be removed from the list to be able to place them.

Did you know about this and if so  or are going to put it back as they are nice doors.

Was off for few days because my Laptop died , got a new PC and when I got back to work , I could no longer find these doors listed anywhere.

I know they're still in the mod because they do not appear as the question mark cube.

Door_UL.jpg

@Demigog the door you speak of is part of a multishape block as one of the shapes, search for Door in crafting list :)

I will also be modifying the POIs myself later on, just that I've been busy doing other stuff, it's a big mod, lots of stuff to do and it's just me doing all of the things :D

1 hour ago, Subquake said:

@Demigog the door you speak of is part of a multishape block as one of the shapes, search for Door in crafting list :)

I will also be modifying the POIs myself later on, just that I've been busy doing other stuff, it's a big mod, lots of stuff to do and it's just me doing all of the things :D

Thanks for responding , I know how busy you can be.

I have always found it in shapes by typing door , that is what I was trying to explain.

I also tried loading the mod directly from the UL folder

It doesnt show up anymore. 

I tried deleting the mod and seeing if that would help , it did not.

It doesnt come up when I search "ALL" for Door , so the next thing I did , was go through every single shape looking for it visually , still wasnt there. 

Dev Blocks ticked on as well

Not really sure why it isnt showing up.

Your sci fi doors , wooden double doors and the double metal doors show up , but not the one in question pictured in the jpeg

Thanks again really , for your time

Ps. Adding this door to all of the POI's as well as sewers below the streets

I have 75 POI's done , a number of them have sewers below the street as well as below the actual POI as well.

Some of the POI's can be accessed through a tunnel in the sewers.

Ive also been creating new POI's , though that took a back seat atm while Im upgrading all of the POI's with the sewers and new streets Im adding to ALL of the POI's

Once I get all of the POI's done I will be placing them to make a Large Metropolis.

I came to find out what I am doing is similar It is similar to  SLaan's Slaanhatten  that I found on youtube

Edited by Demigog (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, Subquake said:

@DemigogLike I said before, doors have multiple shapes: 

LUxYasd.png

NuiWGdy.png

Well damn , I didn't know about the multi shapes , much less think to check the radial off of Metal door , I see them now.  Thanks a ton Subquake , looks like you have a number of newer doors that I haven't seen before :)

18 hours ago, Subquake said:

NPC Mod is not compatible with UL, most other modlets/mods are not

Thanks for the info and for this great mod, that's bit sad, this combination is so much fun, I think I'm going to trade lockpicking for the npc mod. As I see thats the only issue for me right now, (and a UI margin issue for trader dialog).