Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

@Subquake

Loving the assets you are creating, the UI is awesome and general feel I get from the mod is great. Although it kind of feels....empty. Just doesnt seem like enough zombies walking around. Have you thought about upping population of zeds?

I know right! It would be awesome if the storage box with 49 slots could be expand to 120 or so :) I feel like it's kinda out of balance. The simple wooden chest has the same size, but looks way smaller.

Love the mod anyway, it's so cool! Especially the UI is so lovely. :fat:

I know right! It would be awesome if the storage box with 49 slots could be expand to 120 or so :) I feel like it's kinda out of balance. The simple wooden chest has the same size, but looks way smaller.

Love the mod anyway, it's so cool! Especially the UI is so lovely. :fat:

Storage will be more balanced in the next big update, because I am able to add custom modeled storage now in various sizes. Largest will be 132 slots.

Storage will be more balanced in the next big update, because I am able to add custom modeled storage now in various sizes. Largest will be 132 slots.

but has no one considered the implications of having such big bags/chests in that its almost impossible to find what you are looking for unless you have a monitor thats over 30 inches as everything is so tiny.

maybe a search function would be a nice feature if that is possible

thanks

but has no one considered the implications of having such big bags/chests in that its almost impossible to find what you are looking for unless you have a monitor thats over 30 inches as everything is so tiny.

maybe a search function would be a nice feature if that is possible

thanks

The fact, that I removed 1 row on the inventory and expanded it vertically allows it to fit in a very odd monitor resolution (1920x1200)

unknown.png

Also been working on a custom workbench model, that replaces vanilla one (2x1x1 dimensions):

unknown.png

I found a welding torch at the Trader and I believe a destroyed building so far.

Probably just random as I have the problem of not being able to find Red Paint to make a Vice to make a workbench.

For me it was easy to find a pair of vices but sorry it was early in the game and i cant remember where i got it if it was on a tool box located inside a shop or on a dead sleeper, i think it was on a gas station those ones that have car workshops, and i think i found a can of red paint on a dead zombie's corpse but that was pretty random.

Hope you find it soon ;) in my case i havent found the welding torch yet lol xD but i can live without it, its just it would be so cool to be able to craft some ammo, as I'm close to day 49 ^_^ also i cant find near my base a flaming barrel, i need again the welding torch to craft it, i need that barrel for the chemistry station.

Ok, i can do it. I can give it to you when i got it, if you want. Maybe some other people want it too.

And how will you balance recipes? Vanilla UI supports only up to 5 components for a recipe, where as Undead Legacy recipes some have up to 12 ingredients.

And how will you balance recipes? Vanilla UI supports only up to 5 components for a recipe, where as Undead Legacy recipes some have up to 12 ingredients.

Using Undead Legacy UI, it's awesome (And the full Mod). Just, i don't want to play with the other changes.

Edited by Hiperion (see edit history)

Skills and requirements for crafting vanilla items

I see. Well you can do whatever changes you wish with the mod, as long as it is for your own personal use, because I understand, that my proposed changes aren't for everyone and whatever you decide, I am glad that you choose to try Undead Legacy! :)

@subquake

Any idea or date you are shooting for to release the next update?

It won't be ready before A17 experimental that's for sure. My goal is to work on it as much as I can before A17, then spend time porting the stuff over to the new version of the game and unity. And because of all the changes to the mod, I have been thinking of making the next version number 2.0 of the mod, because of so many changes to it.

It won't be ready before A17 experimental that's for sure. My goal is to work on it as much as I can before A17, then spend time porting the stuff over to the new version of the game and unity. And because of all the changes to the mod, I have been thinking of making the next version number 2.0 of the mod, because of so many changes to it.

ahh....damn....wanted something new to play with before A17

Thank you for the answer though

Hi!

I found two bugs tomorrow:

- The Lumber Jack quest works only with iron fireaxe.

- The Lead ingot did not melt back correctly into the Forge. In the Forge I see the Lead but I can't get it out. (The Glass plane recipe need Lead, Clay and Glass)

Solar Power + Battery?

I might found a bug (or messed something in my install / didn't notice some intentional change to vanilla).

Normally in vanilla I try to go green ;-). That is be exclusively reliant on solar power. Normally what I do is I connect solar bank -> battery bank -> other stuff. During the night power goes from battery, draining them, but during the day solar bank takes over and charges the batteries and at the same time powers my lights/turrets etc.

I noticed that in this mod something is not working as in vanilla. I built my usual setup (solar -> battery -> lights). And during first day it works. During night battery kicks in and my lights are still on. But then the day comes and... solar kicks in and ONLY charges the batteries, and lights don't have power. Only after the batteries are charged my lights are turned on. One workaround I found is to turn off and on the banks (after that both the lights are on and batteries are being charged at the same time by solar power).

Is this behaviour "by design" or did I found some wired bug in this mod?

I might found a bug (or messed something in my install / didn't notice some intentional change to vanilla).

Normally in vanilla I try to go green ;-). That is be exclusively reliant on solar power. Normally what I do is I connect solar bank -> battery bank -> other stuff. During the night power goes from battery, draining them, but during the day solar bank takes over and charges the batteries and at the same time powers my lights/turrets etc.

I noticed that in this mod something is not working as in vanilla. I built my usual setup (solar -> battery -> lights). And during first day it works. During night battery kicks in and my lights are still on. But then the day comes and... solar kicks in and ONLY charges the batteries, and lights don't have power. Only after the batteries are charged my lights are turned on. One workaround I found is to turn off and on the banks (after that both the lights are on and batteries are being charged at the same time by solar power).

Is this behaviour "by design" or did I found some wired bug in this mod?

Charging up batteries take up more power in Undead Legacy :)

Charging up batteries take up more power in Undead Legacy :)

Ah! That's it. I just tested in in creative mode (purple solar cells & batteries vs 1 5W light source) and it works!

How much energy does it take to charge the batteries?

Ah! That's it. I just tested in in creative mode (purple solar cells & batteries vs 1 5W light source) and it works!

How much energy does it take to charge the batteries?

It's 100W, fusion reactor - 500W

Those numbers might change with the next update.

It's 100W, fusion reactor - 500W

Those numbers might change with the next update.

Thanks for the explanation! What's the rationale for moving it that high? I'm not complaining as I love your mod, but would just like to understand better as it seems that my usual approach to solar power will not work in Undead Legacy.

Thanks for the explanation! What's the rationale for moving it that high? I'm not complaining as I love your mod, but would just like to understand better as it seems that my usual approach to solar power will not work in Undead Legacy.
It's related to how buggy the solar power is currently in the game. This change was done to limit the chance that people will use solar power. Too much solar power generators kill performance on servers.