Rotating Bridge [SDX]

three08

A wood bridge that when activated rotates 90 degrees, can be locked and passcoded like a door. For the bridge to be placed it requires a 2 block high space of 7 x 7 blocks. Can be upgraded to steel at a cost of 100 forged steel.

Tested and working in Alpha 14.6

Mod Download Link

Changed the recipe costs.

Changed the repair costs.

Added a steel reinforced model to allow upgrades. (See screenshots bellow)

Added custom materials and made the bridge much stronger than before.

Added placement rules, the bridge is now a multidimensional block that requires a 2 block high space of 7 x 7 blocks. This has the added bonus of adding the footstep sounds as you walk over the bridge.

Know issue:

If you're standing on the bridge when you log off you will fall to the block bellow when you log back in.

Screenshots show the upgraded version.

BridgeClosed.jpg.a6430da1f802fdbfe0daeb6c47d873f7.jpg

BridgeOpen.jpg.1b1bc0236f369a7e589627e95220197d.jpg

[video=youtube_share;vdAcQHwBKXc]

Yeah there's a new SDX just released.

To install the mod, first you need to install SDX you can find the download links and instructions for that here https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...8April-2016%29

Once you have SDX installed and setup all you need to do is extract the folder "Rotating Bridge" from the archive into the "SDXMods" folder, then run SDX and tick the mod in the list and click build, wait for it to finish building then click play.

Also I've updated the mod to allow repairs.

Updated, see original post for download link and screenshots.

Changed the recipe costs.

Changed the repair costs.

Added a steel reinforced model to allow upgrades.

Added custom materials and made the bridge much stronger than before.

Added placement rules, the bridge is now a multidimensional block that requires a 2 block high space of 7 x 7 blocks. This has the added bonus of adding the footstep sounds as you walk over the bridge.

I am sad, I appear to be the only one with a problem with this one. Whenever I place the bridge it collapses and dissapears. If I cheat in the steel upgraded one and place that one it stays and works just fine, but the base level one won't work for me.

I am sad, I appear to be the only one with a problem with this one. Whenever I place the bridge it collapses and dissapears. If I cheat in the steel upgraded one and place that one it stays and works just fine, but the base level one won't work for me.

Nope it's not just you, it seems I left a zero off the stability glue value for the wood version when I added the upgrade. Thanks for pointing that out, it's fixed now.

The link is dead.

Try it again the website might of been playing up. I just patched the file so it's 100% working. If you still having issues try going to this folder and then clicking the file RotatingBridgeV2.rar

Nope it's not just you, it seems I left a zero off the stability glue value for the wood version when I added the upgrade. Thanks for pointing that out, it's fixed now.

Awesome, looking forward to giving this a try! Thanks for taking a look at it!

Try it again the website might of been playing up. I just patched the file so it's 100% working. If you still having issues try going to this folder and then clicking the file RotatingBridgeV2.rar

Unable to download, Forbidden

Sometimes people have issues with the redirected domain I use when downloading. Try this one, it links to the same file but without using my main domain name and goes straight to the hosted site. If you still have issues let me know and I'll get a mirror link up on a free file host.

SDX cannot have EAC?? and players need load it also?

Sdx mods always need to be installed on clients, and you have to disable EAC.

So then, this really isn't something a server owner should use, unless they wish ALL people to have to install this as well?? and if this is true, what happens if people do NOT install it? What will they see where the bridge was placed?

thanks,

Ken

(JustKen)

Archived