True Survival

Spider

@SmooreMC85-

If you were not aware -

Wood does not hurt stone, stone does not hurt iron, iron does not hurt steel

Early game you don't mine for metal you break, scrap and disassemble things. Chairs, Tables, Cars, T.V's, Trash Cans, anything metal. Chairs and TV's break very easy so you can break them for materials with a stone axe. Breaking something will give some simple materials, Using a wrench will give you more and more advanced parts, scraping will just give you the scrap of the main material.

@jprasch-

Yes if your game updated to 15.2 just go back to 15.1. If you did not load up your old save game then it should still be ok to start back up. I would need more info to try and figure out what happen with the parts. Did you get an error? Are you on a server or SP? How long had the game been running? What gun wouldn't come apart?

Update-

Well as you can see I didn't get the test server up this week :( . Work was busier than normal earlier this week and by Friday I was about to set up the server then someone turned me on to some more cool crap to add in. So I spent 2 days adding more stuff and literally the moment before I went to set up the server 15.2 dropped and messed everything up. I got it running on 15.1 again but spent most the day trying to figure out how to load a SDX mod on a server(which apparently no one seems to know how to do). And that's where I'm stuck at the moment. I'm continuing to flush out the mod in SP but could use some help on the steps to set a SDX server up if anyone has any knowledge on the subject I would be great full for the help. On a positive note there's so much sh*& stuffed in this mod you should never get bored again. All workbenches have their own unique mesh. My own version of raising chickens for eggs,meat and feathers. Morts Fishing. Soooooooo many new traps. Morts Power System for workstations, traps and lights. New animals. New Biomes. Like 20 different guns and there's just a ton more of them available if we want to add them later. Spears, Bats, Saws, Axes, Swords, Knifes, Crossbows. HardStone. Zombies that run in the Shadows. Crops use water to grow and can be trampled. Just so much stuff its going to take me hours to write the new mod description.

Are you self hosting a dedicated server, or using a host service?

For self hosted dedicated servers, Xyth beat me to the punch :D

For hosting services (uHost, Blue Fang, etc...) when you log into the server's control panel, and you go to the file manager, this should drop you in the server's version of the [install directory]\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die folder.

From here you just upload the mod(s) folders/files into the Mods/Data/etc.. folders like normal.

Are you self hosting a dedicated server, or using a host service?

For self hosted dedicated servers, Xyth beat me to the punch :D

For hosting services (uHost, Blue Fang, etc...) when you log into the server's control panel, and you go to the file manager, this should drop you in the server's version of the [install directory]\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die folder.

From here you just upload the mod(s) folders/files into the Mods/Data/etc.. folders like normal.

He also needs to make an SDX build and copy these three files over to the new server:

Assembly-CSharp.dll

SDX.Core.dll

SDX.Payload.dll

That and the Mod install as you described should get it going.

@Vedamir-

Hi. I must of missed your post earlier. Ya I'm a team of one(the loneliest number:neglected:). Your idea sounds great but how to make it work? Were you thinking some kind of buff system to simulate it? Or were you thinking of some C# editing of the core game code to accomplish this? I'd be more than happy to work with others to do something.

@others-

I'm trying to get it to load on a dedicated server on my machine first then after its functioning move it to a rented one. How you describe it sounds just like SDX 6.0 but when I try and do it like that it does not work. How do you start the server after you build the SDX mod onto it? Another question, can you start a SP SDX game with out using the Start button in the SDX Launcher after you have the SDX mod installed? With SDX 6.0 you didnt need SDX after you built the mod the first time but with 7.0 I have to use the SDX Launcher or it will error out.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

@others-

I'm trying to get it to load on a dedicated server on my machine first then after its functioning move it to a rented one. How you describe it sounds just like SDX 6.0 but when I try and do it like that it does not work. How do you start the server after you build the SDX mod onto it? Another question, can you start a SP SDX game with out using the Start button in the SDX Launcher after you have the SDX mod installed? With SDX 6.0 you didnt need SDX after you built the mod the first time but with 7.0 I have to use the SDX Launcher or it will error out.

My local SP install starts from a desktop shortcut with this line as its target: C:\7D2D\Starvation\7DaysToDie.exe -sdxconfig="C:\7D2D\Starvation\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\settings.ini"

The settings.ini just sets the target directory for SDX. No special launcher needed.

Loxodrome-

Most good server providers will install the .dll files for you and then you can install the .xml's yourself. I know Ping-perfect Blue-fang and Low Latency will. If needed when its ready I can make a separate download for providers so they can just grab it scan it for viruses and install it.

@xyth-

When I'm ready to give it a try again I might try and have a chat with you if that's ok. See if we can get this bad boy to load up because its about ready for some good testing. I think I might try and play a test game tonight see what happens. I started to write out some of the new mod description and there are hundreds of new items, block and things. I hope its not to big for Github lol

Loxodrome-

Most good server providers will install the .dll files for you and then you can install the .xml's yourself. I know Ping-perfect Blue-fang and Low Latency will. If needed when its ready I can make a separate download for providers so they can just grab it scan it for viruses and install it.

@xyth-

When I'm ready to give it a try again I might try and have a chat with you if that's ok. See if we can get this bad boy to load up because its about ready for some good testing. I think I might try and play a test game tonight see what happens. I started to write out some of the new mod description and there are hundreds of new items, block and things. I hope its not to big for Github lol

Hit me up, if you want help testing, i installed and ran Starvation, but found it to be to fast of progression, thats why i like this mod.

@Vedamir-

Hi. I must of missed your post earlier. Ya I'm a team of one(the loneliest number:neglected:). Your idea sounds great but how to make it work? Were you thinking some kind of buff system to simulate it? Or were you thinking of some C# editing of the core game code to accomplish this? I'd be more than happy to work with others to do something.

I'm not so familiar with the abilities of in-game buff editing, so for now I can't tell exactly how it can be done)) I have experience in creating such mod for TES4 Oblivion, where I used many things, including their scripting lang for gameplay logic, internal "magic effects" subsys, animations editing for visualisation of this effects and so on.

If the C# code is injectable already, it will be great. I am something familiar with C# too :) With some googling I'll be able to develop gamepley logic with it.

Saying about animations - it is the only way to "emulate" limb loss for now(without editing tonnes of default meshes:) ). It is available to scale (by zero:)) corresponding bones of the character skeleton. In this way effect will "apply" to every mesh (clothing, armor etc), used by the character...

P.S. I think you missed my posts because they was my first ones on this forum, so they were in moderation queue...

Edited by Vedamir (see edit history)

Then I guess I won't be playing this mod anymore.

On to a different one.

Thanks

Chow then bud, have a good one. The build thats gonna be coming out is for 15.1, we arent missing out on any breakthrough additions for 15.2 lol. Itll be good to test it out now and then spider can get the mod workin for 16 quicker when it comes out.

Its just that I dont just play on servers with just this Mod. I have a batch to remove mods and add mods depending on what server I am going to be on. If I stay on 15.1 then I can only play this mod alone. It just so happens that the only server I play on with this mod is my own so I have to upgrade the server and run something different so I can hit the other servers I frequent. Its not saying anything about this mod, its just that staying on 15.1 limits the user.

I hope you Realize Spider that we will be on 15.2 for another 2 or more months. That also limits new users to this mod. I know 15.2 does not add much, but its what is current and what the users are going to be running. What about a16? Are you going to support it?

Its just that I dont just play on servers with just this Mod. I have a batch to remove mods and add mods depending on what server I am going to be on. If I stay on 15.1 then I can only play this mod alone. It just so happens that the only server I play on with this mod is my own so I have to upgrade the server and run something different so I can hit the other servers I frequent. Its not saying anything about this mod, its just that staying on 15.1 limits the user.

I hope you Realize Spider that we will be on 15.2 for another 2 or more months. That also limits new users to this mod. I know 15.2 does not add much, but its what is current and what the users are going to be running. What about a16? Are you going to support it?

Obviously you didnt read what i posted above. If people wanna play this mod and a lot of people do, then theyll play with 15.1 until the alpha 16 version comes out. All it takes is one little click of the mouse button to go back to 15.1. Whats the point of one person whos making this mod working themselves to death to get it working for a tiny update? Hes already done a huge amt of work to get all the new code and assets in and its working for 15.1 and he had trouble getting it to work for 15.2. Dont play it then, go play some other mod like you said you were going to.

Edited by Darkstardragon (see edit history)

No need to give attitude, kindly take yourself elsewhere.

Heres Wesker from resident evil:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=859442160

<archetype name="Wesker" male="true" hair_color="233,214,107" eye_color="116,119,117" skin_color="190,175,175" type="Player">

<base_mesh_parts>

<part slot="head" layer="base" mesh="male_base_face">

<texture name="male_head" color="skin"/>

<texture name="male_hair_overlay" color="hair"/>

<texture name="male_eyebrow_angled" color="hair"/>

</part>

<part slot="head" layer="inner" mesh="male_base_hair">

<texture name="male_base_hair" color="hair"/>

</part>

<part slot="eyes" layer="base" mesh="male_base_eyes">

<texture name="unisex_eye_shaded" color="195,173,173,255"/>

<texture name="unisex_iris" color="eye"/>

</part>

<part slot="hands" layer="base" mesh="male_base_hands">

<texture name="male_hands" color="skin"/>

</part>

<part slot="chest" layer="base" mesh="male_base_chest">

<texture name="male_torso" color="skin"/>

</part>

<part slot="legs" layer="base" mesh="male_base_legs">

<texture name="male_legs" color="skin"/>

</part>

<part slot="feet" layer="base" mesh="male_base_feet">

<texture name="male_feet" color="skin"/>

</part>

</base_mesh_parts>

<preview_mesh_parts>

<part slot="chest" layer="base" mesh="male_shirt">

<texture name="unisex_shirt" color="0,0,0"/>

</part>

<part slot="legs" layer="base" mesh="male_clothes_denim_pants">

<texture name="male_pants_01" color="0,0,0"/>

</part>

<part slot="legs" layer="outer" mesh="male_armor_kevlar_legarmor">

<texture name="male_armor_kevlar_legarmor" color="0,0,0"/>

</part>

<part slot="chest" layer="outer" mesh="male_jacket">

<texture name="unisex_jacket" color="0,0,0,255"/>

</part>

<part slot="eyes" layer="inner" mesh="unisex_gear_shades">

<texture name="unisex_gear_shades" color="0,0,0"/>

</part>

<part slot="feet" layer="base" mesh="male_worn_boots">

<texture name="male_worn_boots" color="0,0,0"/> </part>

</preview_mesh_parts>

<expression blink="true" blink_duration="0.15" blink_min_delay="5" blink_max_delay="15" saccades="true">

<gene name="neckUp_Down" value="0"/>

<gene name="neckLeft_Right" value="0"/>

<gene name="neckTiltLeft_Right" value="0"/>

<gene name="headUp_Down" value="0"/>

<gene name="headLeft_Right" value="0"/>

<gene name="headTiltLeft_Right" value="0"/>

<gene name="jawOpen_Close" value="0"/>

<gene name="jawForward_Back" value="0"/>

<gene name="jawLeft_Right" value="0"/>

<gene name="mouthLeft_Right" value="0"/>

<gene name="mouthUp_Down" value="0"/>

<gene name="mouthNarrow_Pucker" value="0"/>

<gene name="tongueOut" value="0"/>

<gene name="tongueCurl" value="0"/>

<gene name="tongueUp_Down" value="0"/>

<gene name="tongueLeft_Right" value="0"/>

<gene name="tongueWide_Narrow" value="0"/>

<gene name="leftMouthSmile_Frown" value="-1"/>

<gene name="rightMouthSmile_Frown" value="-1"/>

<gene name="leftLowerLipUp_Down" value="0"/>

<gene name="rightLowerLipUp_Down" value="0"/>

<gene name="leftUpperLipUp_Down" value="0"/>

<gene name="rightUpperLipUp_Down" value="0"/>

<gene name="leftCheekPuff_Squint" value="-1"/>

<gene name="rightCheekPuff_Squint" value="-1"/>

<gene name="noseSneer" value="0"/>

<gene name="leftEyeOpen_Close" value="-0.47"/>

<gene name="rightEyeOpen_Close" value="-0.47"/>

<gene name="leftEyeUp_Down" value="0"/>

<gene name="rightEyeUp_Down" value="0"/>

<gene name="leftEyeIn_Out" value="0"/>

<gene name="rightEyeIn_Out" value="0"/>

<gene name="browsIn" value="1"/>

<gene name="leftBrowUp_Down" value="0.22"/>

<gene name="rightBrowUp_Down" value="0.26"/>

<gene name="midBrowUp_Down" value="-1"/>

</expression>

<dna>

<gene name="height" value="1"/>

<gene name="headSize" value="0.76"/>

<gene name="headWidth" value="0.865"/>

<gene name="handsSize" value="0.76"/>

<gene name="feetSize" value="0.815"/>

<gene name="muscle" value="0.625"/>

<gene name="weight" value="0.495"/>

<gene name="gluteusSize" value="0.755"/>

<gene name="earsSize" value="0.315"/>

<gene name="earsPosition" value="0.39"/>

<gene name="earsRotation" value="0.7"/>

<gene name="noseSize" value="0.27"/>

<gene name="noseCurve" value="1"/>

<gene name="noseWidth" value="0"/>

<gene name="noseInclination" value="0.49"/>

<gene name="nosePosition" value="0.14"/>

<gene name="nosePronounced" value="0.21"/>

<gene name="noseFlatten" value="0.195"/>

<gene name="chinSize" value="0.28"/>

<gene name="chinPronounced" value="0.66"/>

<gene name="chinPosition" value="0.525"/>

<gene name="mandibleSize" value="0.43"/>

<gene name="jawsSize" value="0.39"/>

<gene name="jawsPosition" value="0.26"/>

<gene name="cheekSize" value="0.245"/>

<gene name="cheekPosition" value="0.35"/>

<gene name="lowCheekPronounced" value="0.6"/>

<gene name="lowCheekPosition" value="0.02"/>

<gene name="foreheadSize" value="0.69"/>

<gene name="foreheadPosition" value="0.71"/>

<gene name="lipsSize" value="0.69"/>

<gene name="mouthSize" value="0.555"/>

<gene name="eyeRotation" value="0.53"/>

<gene name="eyeSize" value="0.33"/>

<gene name="breastSize" value="0"/>

</dna>

</archetype>

You can put him in game and put his archetype in place of one of the other survivors entity class like say rick, or you could replace a bandit spawn with him. Hell look much better with a desert eagle in his hand once spider releases the next version of the mod. Im tryin to convince spider to put in the resident evil mansion poi from the compo pack, but it may be too large for his tastes lol. If this interests anyone, perhaps we could lobby spider to include it:hopelessness: as an extremely rare poi. Im workin on archetypes for jill, chris, barry, hunk and ada as well. Plan is to make some sets spider can use for the next iteration of the mod. The sets of npcs would spawn at special pois. ie group of soldiers at army bases, police officers at police station, etc.

Edited by Darkstardragon (see edit history)

The switch lights dont work for me, so i change some lines in the block.xml and now it works. For all with the same problem change the code from line 9084 - 9125 in the block.xml with this here.

<block id="1109" name="porchLight01Switch">
       <property name="Extends" value="porchLight01" />		
       <property name="CustomIcon" value="porchLight01" />
<property name="Model" value="Entities/Lighting/porchLight01Prefab" />
       <property name="RuntimeSwitch" value="true" />
       <property name="DescriptionKey" value="lightGroupDesc"/>
       <drop event="Harvest" name="electricParts" count="2" prob="1" tool_category="Disassemble" />
       <drop event="Harvest" name="electricParts" count="2" prob=".35" tool_category="Disassemble" />
       <drop event="Harvest" name="electricParts" count="3" prob=".3" tool_category="Disassemble" />
   </block>

<block id="1110" name="ceilingLight02Switch">
       <property name="Extends" value="ceilingLight02" />
<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity" />
       <property name="CustomIcon" value="ceilingLight02" />
<property name="Model" value="Entities/Lighting/ceilingLight02Prefab" />
       <drop event="Harvest" name="electricParts" count="2" prob="1" tool_category="Disassemble" /> <!-- HV: mounted lamp -->
       <drop event="Harvest" name="electricParts" count="2" prob=".35" tool_category="Disassemble" />
       <drop event="Harvest" name="electricParts" count="3" prob=".3" tool_category="Disassemble" />
   </block>

<block id="1111" name="ceilingLight07Switch">
       <property name="Extends" value="ceilingLight07" />
       <property name="CustomIcon" value="ceilingLight07" />
<property name="Model" value="Entities/Lighting/ceilingLight07Prefab" />
       <drop event="Harvest" name="electricParts" count="2" prob="1" tool_category="Disassemble" /> <!-- HV: mounted fluorescent lamp -->
       <drop event="Harvest" name="electronicParts" count="2" prob=".3" tool_category="Disassemble" />
       <drop event="Harvest" name="electronicParts" count="3" prob=".2" tool_category="Disassemble" />
       <drop event="Harvest" name="scrapPlastics" count="1" prob="1" tool_category="Disassemble" />
       <drop event="Harvest" name="scrapPlastics" count="1" prob=".5" tool_category="Disassemble" />
   </block>

<block id="1112" name="streetLight01Switch">
       <property name="Extends" value="streetLight01" />
       <property name="CustomIcon" value="streetLight01" />
<property name="Model" value="Entities/Lighting/street_light01Prefab" />
       <drop event="Harvest" name="electricParts" count="4" prob="1" tool_category="Disassemble" />
       <drop event="Harvest" name="electricParts" count="3" prob=".35" tool_category="Disassemble" />
       <drop event="Harvest" name="electricParts" count="5" prob=".3" tool_category="Disassemble" />
   </block>

20170209115454_1.thumb.jpg.13cca21b513b9b291367aec583a8d0b6.jpg

Edited by Zotex (see edit history)

Hay peps the broken arm thing might be doable. What do yall think about that? Only way to get your arm broken would be a chance on hit in your arms. When you arm was broken and healing you would not be able to use any 2 handed weapons, melee, guns or tools. What do you think?