True Survival

Spider

Hi Spider. My son loaded your mod onto our desktop pc. After the world is created and the game starts there are only red question marks in all of the UI displays on screen. Do you know how we can fix this? This computer uses windows 10. Also are your mod updates only released with 7DTD alpha updates requiring a new download at that time? Thanks for all your work still love the mod.

Hi Spider. My son loaded your mod onto our desktop pc. After the world is created and the game starts there are only red question marks in all of the UI displays on screen. Do you know how we can fix this? This computer uses windows 10. Also are your mod updates only released with 7DTD alpha updates requiring a new download at that time? Thanks for all your work still love the mod.

Try to install the mod on your client PC also, make a backup of the Data folder first

I hope this helps. In your MODS subfolder where 7 days to die is installed there should be folder called SMX. Make sure it is there.

I hope this helps. In your MODS subfolder where 7 days to die is installed there should be folder called SMX. Make sure it is there.

That information is incorrect there is no SMX Folder. All graphic for the SMX mod are in the Icon Folder

Thanks for the awesome mod Spider. Sorry for my bad english iam from germany and a Dyslexic. I play this mod on a private server with friends and we all love this difficulty.

I dont know it is from the game or the mod but i found two bugs. First: If i clickt double "E" for searching a box then break the loot timer and u can in half time looting. :ambivalence:

Second is the right click with axe. If i digging a hole and click "left + right" mouse in the same time iam 2x faster than a showel. Where can i find the right click action in the xml? I need to deactivate it for me.

And a other question: If i disconnect from the server the console spams "Objekt reference not set to an instance of an object" without a break. Can i stop this?

Can anyone recommend any mods that work well with JZMOD? I don't want to add any that would mess it up.

Also thanks for the responses to my previous question.

Well, you cant just drag n drop 2 mods together, you have to srat with one, then add in the bits from another mod to the other. If thats what you mean

I dont know it is from the game or the mod but i found two bugs. First: If i clickt double "E" for searching a box then break the loot timer and u can in half time looting. :ambivalence:

Second is the right click with axe. If i digging a hole and click "left + right" mouse in the same time iam 2x faster than a showel. Where can i find the right click action in the xml? I need to deactivate it for me.

And a other question: If i disconnect from the server the console spams "Objekt reference not set to an instance of an object" without a break. Can i stop this?

Double E is a bug, but must be from vanilla, isn't it?

Right mouse click is a 'power swing' and works for all weapons and most tools. So its a feature.

Red errors when quitting, we can't avoid them currently, but they do no harm, we just have to kill the process in task manager when we quit.

Double E is a bug, but must be from vanilla, isn't it?

Right mouse click is a 'power swing' and works for all weapons and most tools. So its a feature.

Red errors when quitting, we can't avoid them currently, but they do no harm, we just have to kill the process in task manager when we quit.

Double E is a bug from the mod. In vanilla the double E dont work. I know "right" mouse is a feature from the mod but u can exploit that for digging or other things. Why i need a shovel? If i click and hold "right + left" mouse than iam 2x faster with a Axe as with shovel. So thats why i will delete the code from "right" mouse action. Iam trust my friends not enough certainly he use this exploit.

Double E is a bug from the mod. In vanilla the double E dont work. I know "right" mouse is a feature from the mod but u can exploit that for digging or other things. Why i need a shovel? If i click and hold "right + left" mouse than iam 2x faster with a Axe as with shovel. So thats why i will delete the code from "right" mouse action. Iam trust my friends not enough certainly he use this exploit.

It isn't really an exploit as it causes your stamina to drain at a very rapid rate. Where as, if you use the shovel, you will be able to dig for much longer (and ultimately faster) than with one of the other tools.

Edited by tyonisius (see edit history)

It isn't really an exploit as it causes your stamina to drain at a very rapid rate. Where as, if you use the shovel, you will be able to dig for much longer (and ultimately faster) than with one of the other tools.

ya but u can dig without stamina. Is your stam 0 he does not interrupt the action.

Why is everybody so concerned with the "right" mouse feature?

Is there any reason to not like it (besides animation freking out, of course)? It is too OP for digging you say? Well, it let's you dig faster than with shovel only if you're using stone tools. Speaking of iron/steel tools, you'd want to use shovel over pickaxe for digging sand/snow/whatever anyway.

Faster to dig with it if you have zero stamina? One full stamina hit is actually better than left&right mouse combo with zero stamina, and it conserves your tool's durability pool (which is important, I'd say).

And why would you want to mine something with zero stamina? Well, that's the other story...

"Right" mouse feature let's you actually defend yourself with mining tools - quite a useful thing if you ask me.

Virtually infinite capabilities with combo strikes in close combat! Smashing zombies feels so much smoother with the "right" mouse feature, if you can manage your stamina right, of course:3

If you can't - you're grabbed, bitten and dead - see, Balance!

edit: Though, it is easily exploitable if you have a batch of red bull/coffee))

Edited by RomRomRya (see edit history)

@obsidianmcbovril-

Sorry about that didnt even know that picture was down there. I removed it. Work got a little busy this week and i didn't get the time i thought i would to work on it. I'm working on it now though. FYI you will only be able to play on the official server at first till its ironed out more. So the first download will be a client pack, you will not be able to play SP or create a server with it.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Would it be possible to PM me the biomes and RWG mixer when you release please? I only play SP with my girlfriend through LAN. And I only use this mod.

I'm willing to live with non-gamebreaking errors that may exist. I can check through your new GNAMOD inclusive xml's at the least.

I've edited both of these files myself but not extensively, and it's usually when I notice something not showing in game (carrots,Apples) or showing too much (surface ores). The restarts are kind of annoying, and you'll do a much better job than I could ever do.