True Survival

Spider

invisible items

hello :) just downloaded the mod ,and some items are invisible in my inventory ,i can see the name of the item if i hover my mouse over it and i can use them but theres no item icon etc ,any idea what i did wrong and how i could fix it? thanks! :)

won't they destroy the base block and cause it to collapse? unless u meant like the roof of a house :x

As unlikem said, climb up to top of poi, knock out ladders/stairs, rinse, repeat. Oh, just watch out for the climbers lol. I never spend horde night at my base, ever! Ive had zombies collapse my base more than once so now i just say no.

won't they destroy the base block and cause it to collapse? unless u meant like the roof of a house :x

No, go find a fuel station or Diner POI, use the ladder to climb to the roof, then lean over, and destroy the top 2 rungs of the ladder.

And/or destroy the bottom rung too, then jump on it.

The Zed's will mostly just congregate around inside the building, as they can't get to your roof. :)

Just remember the loot the POI first, otherwise the Zed's may trash it. Lol

A Motels top floor rooms(not hotels, too many ways up) also make good safe houses.

Running screaming like a little girl and hiding in a closet is a legitimate play style in True Survival and sometimes is the only way to stay alive. :)

**For any new players there are suggested game settings in the Intsall/Settings File that come with the mod

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Ya'll make me feel not so bad that I do that on the first horde night, hiding in a POI and then running away when it gets to crazy and/or run out of ammo.

Everyone does this at first. I move to an active defense asap but in this mod I seldom have the arrows to spare on day 7. I usually just hide up top somewhere where climbers cant get to then at 4:00am sneak down and run until the horde spawn moves away from my POI. I think its critical that bombers be added on later blood-moons to prevent a passive defense.

@Spider; Ok, so I decided to try multiplayer for the first time the other day, and jumped onto your server. Unfortunately, I entered a few minutes after a 400+ day bloodmoon began (lol). I insta-died, but the fist fight was fun while it lasted. I logged off and called it a night. I just retried to get onto your server but now I don't have any starter stuff. I tried a new profile but nada. I also get lots of errors logging out and I need to use task manager to kill 7D2D when I leave your server.

I reloaded a clean install of your mod and it still bugs out on exit. No biggie, I will try again when you reset.

@spider

I am playing 120 min days. Was running around forest/pine forest biomes mostly. Random generation world, of course.

What does biome type have to do with this debuff?

I replied earlier, but you probably missed my post. Should place an avatar to make myself more visible :3

Ok, I decided to suicide using my base defence spikes. Dying helped this issue, obviously. Lol, kind of a funny death for the first death playing with a hardcore mod.

@Spider; Ok, so I decided to try multiplayer for the first time the other day, and jumped onto your server. Unfortunately, I entered a few minutes after a 400+ day bloodmoon began (lol). I insta-died, but the fist fight was fun while it lasted. I logged off and called it a night. I just retried to get onto your server but now I don't have any starter stuff. I tried a new profile but nada. I also get lots of errors logging out and I need to use task manager to kill 7D2D when I leave your server.

I reloaded a clean install of your mod and it still bugs out on exit. No biggie, I will try again when you reset.

You always have to use task manager when you leave the server it has to do with the custom buffs spider has added, or so im told lol. If you send me a steam friend or pm i can set you up with the starter class on the server.

With so many different plants i think it would be cool to give a bit more identity to each. I have 2 ideas regarding that.

My first idea is a system of different type of buffs from eating certain combinations of foods. Different food items could carry properties like sweetness for example. There could be different amounts such as: low, average, high, depending on the refinement-level of the food item. Each of these properties such as sweetness, would translate to a buff of one of 3 basic colors (red, yellow, blue). These buffs would be not be very useful yet, but eating an item of another color would combine with the previous color to one of 3 combined colors (orange, green, purple). These secondary colors would each translate to a new, useful buff. (They could also contain a negative buff, opposite of the other colors so that you should choose buff depending on your activity). Perhaps combining all 3 categories would combine into a buff (white) that would be a general buff, but not as useful for a specific task as the other combined colors. Strength of the buff would also depend on the property-amount of the ingredients.

My second idea is to translate different types of foods into exp. Eating a varied diet would then lead to a buff, and at the end of the buff you would get an item that can be used in crafting, which in turn would give you exp in one of the skill groups. (For example "written notes", that you could use in the science table to craft the exp for yourself). The more varied your diet is the more notes you get at the end of the buff. In addition to this, each type of farmable plant could be used for the different skill groups. Something like "written notes" + alot of bananas = xp for science. This could give another reason to farm different types of plants at different times. I would also give an alternative to grinding that still offers a slow progression.

Edited by EsTygo (see edit history)

@unlike them-

Could you please enlighen me about that certain console command? Want to try it to cancel the debuff if it will appear again (I'm sure it will).

Like I said, press F2 for console and type 'debuff overStuffed' if I remember it correctly, with a big S (case sensitive).

@EsTygo Eating bananas for science doesn't make sense :) Our current food system seems good enough. I wish spider had implemented his vitamins/scurvy system, but if it is too complicated, then maybe later.

Edited by unlike them (see edit history)

Running screaming like a little girl and hiding in a closet is a legitimate play style in True Survival and sometimes is the only way to stay alive. :)

**For any new players there are suggested game settings in the Intsall/Settings File that come with the mod

I did saw the suggested settings. Issue is playing at lowest difficulty and lowest spawn rate and the whole maps are crawling with zombies too. lol.

Ok last time I'm typing this.

"Overstuffed Buff"

The mod has suggested settings that it is designed to be player on. If you are playing on different settings than what are suggested then i can not guarantee that the all the mod features will function properly.Reporting these "bugs" will just add to confusing because they only exist because you want to use the mod in a way it is not meant to be used. Playing the game at 120min days decreases the difficulty of the game GREATLY and because of this True Survival does not support that setting. By using this game setting you mess up the timing on some of the buffs that work off game time(you are doubling the time) like the Overstuffed Buff. True Survival is designed to be played at 50-75 min days, if played as suggested all buffs work properly.

"Error on close"

When playing on a MP server you need to force the game closed. This is not because of anything I have done. This is because of the SMX UI Mod we use and the Buff name and time being shown on the main screen. This error only effects MP server players and causes no harm. Just window out and force the game closed when ready to exit the Mod on a Server.

Well, in other mods like bad company that have bandits with guns, it makes early day survival almost impossible, especially if spawned on bloodmoons. Bandits with melee weapons are fine. As for followers, the ones you spawn with guns run up and melee anyways, and often miss at close range, damaging the ground badly. I'd stick with melee on followers as well.