True Survival

Spider

I also got the skill throwing spears but i cannot craft any spear. am i missing files?

- - - Updated - - -

jsut saw that ill try it now

- - - Updated - - -

i thought this was 14.6 but the file says 14.7

It is for a14.7 now (see back a few posts for the update notice)

I tried it and had no issues crafting a spear or the ammo

btw I've uploaded the mod to github: https://github.com/7days2mod/True-Survival

(hoping to convert spider to a github user to make collaboration easier :) )

The envul download had a second mods folder within the first and not all icons in the correct folder, so check that if you are getting missing icons in game

Edit: Spider is working on getting it onto his account so I removed the version I had uploaded for the moment and spider can link when hes ready :)

Looks like its ready to go on spiders account now ;)

https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survival

Edited by StompyNZ (see edit history)

Spider, possible idea. Instead of using a wrench to harvest gas from cars, require a siphon made from a rubber tube to get gas. Other tools would no longer provide gas, but the siphon would only work on the first two stages of cars (When the body is mostly intact)

Spider, possible idea. Instead of using a wrench to harvest gas from cars, require a siphon made from a rubber tube to get gas. Other tools would no longer provide gas, but the siphon would only work on the first two stages of cars (When the body is mostly intact)

Cool idea but not sure how it would work though. The Siphon would have to do damage to metal blocks to be used to harvest from a car. That would mean you could open a safe with a Siphon. If we can think of a way to make it work maybe.

Cool idea but not sure how it would work though. The Siphon would have to do damage to metal blocks to be used to harvest from a car. That would mean you could open a safe with a Siphon. If we can think of a way to make it work maybe.

You're right, I can't think of a good way to implement that doesn't involve a bunch of new materials and block upgrading/downgrading. Put a pin in it, maybe it can happen one day once the modding system gets more refined and more opens up.

List of animal parts that would have a chance to be harvested from animals and what their usages are.

Bladder - large flask - water proofing

Skin - leather

Bone - shiv - fish hooks - awls - needles - spear points - bone meal.

Brain - tanning - food

Fat - Glue - Tallow - Food - Paint - lubricant - fuel

Sinew - thread - fish line - bowstrings - lashing - snare line

Feathers - Fetching - Insulation

Any thoughts?

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Looks like a very interesting mod. How does this work on a SP game play through? Seems like you would not have access to a lot of items. Is this pretty much just for large server MP use?

I played it in SP and it was fine.

- - - Updated - - -

List of animal parts that would have a chance to be harvested from animals and what their usages are.

Bladder - large flask - water proofing

Skin - leather

Bone - shiv - fish hooks - awls - needles - spear points - bone meal.

Brain - tanning - food

Fat - Glue - Tallow - Food - Paint - lubricant - fuel

Sinew - thread - fish line - bowstrings - lashing - snare line

Feathers - Fetching - Insulation

Any thoughts?

If we get the option to change the size of deer in a15 then adding rennet to small deer for cheese making :)

Looks like a very interesting mod. How does this work on a SP game play through? Seems like you would not have access to a lot of items. Is this pretty much just for large server MP use?

I think the game is more interesting on MP but yes the mod is designed to play in both SP and MP

@ StompyNZ

Had to look up what rennet was lol.. Eww! lol But ya it only comes from still nursing deer. What do you think of those animal parts and usages?

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Hey, thx for your great Mod. May I only have bad luck with my random gen, but now I'm lvl 61 and did not find any natural water, no lakes, no prefab... So without water and fishing I will never have a farm.

Also what I not understand is farming at all. I found some seed's and plant them. After many day's, don't know how many may they where ready, but if I tried to harvest them, they "explode". May, if you come to near to them they just vanish?

Can you please explain more details about farming. I'm always hungry. So on the other side it's great - real survival.

Sorry for my bad English.

How should I ever reach gunsmithing 50 to get the bullet parts? I made 20 stacks of blunderbuss ammo but have only lvl 7 in gunsmithing. To make gun powder is science. So how to skill this?

Also you wrote you can find 2 bulletpresses in a policestation. I can't find it there. I guess it is in the ammo-box? (can't open jet)

@narimbur

*from the Mod header*

"You will need to protect your farm because walking into fully grown, ready to harvest player planted plants will destroy the food and reset the plant to seedling stage. You can no longer pick crops they must be harvested with the players hand by hitting. Using any other tool or weapon will not return food."

Player planted crops break when touched. Only way to harvest any food crop is with the players hands.

As far as water on a rwg map its random. I would always suggest when starting a new RWG map to fly around the map a little and make sure its a good map before you start putting to much time into a map. Are you saying you don't have any POI's on your map at all? The only time I have seen that happen before is if the Mod was not installed properly.

Ya scrap value of the blunderbuss is a bug and is on the list to be fixed. Thanks for the feed back and for tryn the mod. IF you would like to try multiplayer we have a server up and running the mod also. The info is a few post back in this thread.

@narimbur

You don't need Gun Smithing early game. Guns are rare and late game items. And even late game Gun Smithing is pretty useless. All it does is lower the repair amount slightly and lower the repair time slightly. There are only five recipes Gun Smithing unlocks and all of them are late and end game items also they can all be found in loot and in the world so are not required to survive.

08/15/2016-

Lowered burn time on Splint

Lowered scrap from Blunderbuss Ammo

Increased Iron Engineer tools to have 200-1200 durability

Fixed Engineer Shovel damage

Fixed Spikes description to explain you need a tool to finish building them

Fixed Fishing, only works in natural water and a full water block

Added a new 21 Quest Tutorial designed by Zemekis to help better explain game play differences from vanilla to new players