True Survival

Spider

Hi,

First up, very much liking this mod so thanks for putting it together. It's very challenging and I'm really enjoying the detail, it's far more immersive than the vanilla version is in its current state.

Perhaps it's been posted before but is it possible to find nuts and bolts by scavenging? I know I can make it in a forge but I haven't been able to source any calipers yet either so here I am, 54 levels and 63 days in and the only thing holding me back from building my minibike are 4 measly nuts and bolts!

It's a bit maddening and I'd appreciate any help folks can give.

Cheers.

You can get Nuts and Bolts from Scrap Iron Frames.

fyi Cars and Working Stiff Crates can have tools and Lumber Jacks drop tools

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

You can get Nuts and Bolts from Scrap Iron Frames.

fyi Cars and Working Stiff Crates can have tools and Lumber Jacks drop tools

Hey, thanks for the reply Spider, much appreciated. I'll look around for some frames, thanks for the pointer.

Haven't seen a snow biome in my game yet but I might go lumberjack hunting if I find one.

Cheers!

Dude, this mod is the bomb. The vanilla game is rather easy (you could be totally safe within 2 days), now I have to struggle to keep my torches lit during the first night! Thanks for bringing back that scary feeling I had when I started playing the game a year ago :D

Hey, thanks for the reply Spider, much appreciated. I'll look around for some frames, thanks for the pointer.

Haven't seen a snow biome in my game yet but I might go lumberjack hunting if I find one.

Cheers!

Hey Spider, for some reason, even though I've taken scrap iron building as a skill, I cannot seem to find a crafting recipe for scrap frames in my or the forge's menu. I can only make scrap grates.

Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious?

Ok I have been thinking on this a while now and after seeing the A15 Preview Vid I know it needs to happen. For A15 and going forward I will be looking for a few serious players that would like to be a part of the True Survival Team. If you can do xml coding that’s great but it’s not needed. If you decide to help going forward your name will be in the credits with mine as a co-creator. The Mod is simply getting to large for one person to properly maintain and update. Some of the things I will be looking for others to help with are..

Writing quest

Designing and maintaining POI’s

Designing NPC Traders

Designing NPC Bandits

Balancing the Perk System

Balancing Recipes

Balancing Trader Economy

And others…

To be listed as a co-creator you will have to actually do some work, do not expect to get listed in credits for forums post. If you are interested in helping out please let me know what you would be interested in working on.

Ok I have been thinking on this a while now and after seeing the A15 Preview Vid I know it needs to happen. For A15 and going forward I will be looking for a few serious players that would like to be a part of the True Survival Team. If you can do xml coding that’s great but it’s not needed. If you decide to help going forward your name will be in the credits with mine as a co-creator. The Mod is simply getting to large for one person to properly maintain and update. Some of the things I will be looking for others to help with are..

Writing quest

Designing and maintaining POI’s

Designing NPC Traders

Designing NPC Bandits

Balancing the Perk System

Balancing Recipes

Balancing Trader Economy

And others…

To be listed as a co-creator you will have to actually do some work, do not expect to get listed in credits for forums post. If you are interested in helping out please let me know what you would be interested in working on.

I feel ya spider. I have been working on a full quest mod with an entire story line since the start of this alpha. I use navz map and hidden triggers to spawn quest out of the blue and build a lot custom prefabs to go along with my quest. Not to mention all the other aspects of the mod it is overwhelming to say the least.

When I finish and release my mod( won't be till after a15 cause I need actual NPC blocks and not corpses) I could possibly give you some help on things.

@Sorrowthief

Full Quest Mod you say. Do I hear a chance at a cross over mod? Combining the two?

I would consider it. It my experience with doing these quest it has to be done with navz map and custom prefabs to make each encounter unique and different. I use a lot of stuff you make already as I feel you have a close vision to mine as far as progression, difficulty and such. Navz will turn some people off and not to mention it will take a team of admins to run what I am doing on a server because you would need people who could resets specific prefab poi regions. That being said if you have time this weekend I will throw up my mod and some of the quest on a duo game. If u dig it I think we could definitely work together.

What ya say care to come have a look?

Edited by Sorrowthief (see edit history)

Sure I would love to take a look at what you got. Maybe I can find a way to work your quest system into the RWG maps. I don’t mind hopping in a game with you but seeing the xml code would be much quicker and easier for me to see what you’re going for. If you don’t want your stuff out for public consumption yet just message me the link or whatever through steam.

Sure I would love to take a look at what you got. Maybe I can find a way to work your quest system into the RWG maps. I don’t mind hopping in a game with you but seeing the xml code would be much quicker and easier for me to see what you’re going for. If you don’t want your stuff out for public consumption yet just message me the link or whatever through steam.

Yea I wouldn't mind you looking at the code but would prefer you join in a game with me first and let me take you to certain quest prefab locations as some are very late game. Also I have done some pretty cool things that I think you would like. They make the game way more immersive. Do a search for Chad Olds on steam if u like and add me. I do have a lot of things that I'm not ready to leak yet.

As far as random gen I don't see how it could work with the way I do things. I build prefabs, pack them with zombies,hidden doors and other things. I need the player to go where I want them to at certain times during the mod while still retaining that open world feel.

It will just be easier to show you. Add me on steam and I am very interested in a collaboration. It would be nice to be able to spend more of my time making great quest and prefabs while still having input on the other parts of the mod, and for you I think a great story line and quest could be just the polish u need for your mod.

Just so you know, we did some testing and the Soldier is broken in the Client pack. Soldiers can't make bow or arrow at start up and can't remove iron from a forge. I had him grab the config files from the SP or Full Mod version (bottom of thread) and that finally fixed his issues.

The client pack is only for players playing on a True Survival Server. It is not the game and will not work by its self. You need the person hosting the game/server to install the full Mod and the players to install the client pack.