True Survival

Spider

So I have been playing this mod V9? on my rented server and love it, my group loves it! My only issue right now is when logging off each time I lose food and water and I believe I have died, as my deaths keep adding up. If I can figure this out, I can add more people to my server. Can anyone check into this? maybe its vanilla or maybe its the mod, but would be great to find out what is causing this. Also, thanks for this mod will be updating soon!

Thanks glad ya'll like it. Your main problem might be if your using V9 of the Mod when we are on V15. V9 I think was for Alpha 13. Update your Mod version and see if that fixes it. If you are really on V9 then updating to V15 will need a wipe for your server.

Playing on Jax's Hardcore server with this mod and I love it.

While i was out, I found a campsite and took to harvesting the logs. I expected to get wood, but got planks. Not sure if this is exploitable, as I did not look up what it takes to make the logs. I pulled over 100 planks from the 7 logs, with planks being gated, this is quite a find :)

Oh my, 14.6 just dropped

Edited by RelmDrifter (see edit history)

So.... This really isn't meant for SP, is it? I haven't followed the mod before so I have no idea if that't true or not, just experienced locked up progress or I'm missing something way too much. In short, trying to make wood workbench, for which I need steam generator, which needs boiler and turbine, both crafted in metal workbench, which again needs steam generator. I even checked the recipes, loot, even block files to see if something drops those items, but nope.

Soooo... What now? :S

So whats the good news, did a14.6 break our world lol? Where can your loyal players find out what youre up to on the test server? Joined the steam group but no news/announcements. Oh, and it would be nice if the people who talk about their servers on here would post some ips if hey want players to join them. For example, the guy above who mentions Jax server or the kimo sabi guy up there, etc. Would be nice to have more than one server to play on. Thanks

Playing on Jax's Hardcore server with this mod and I love it.

While i was out, I found a campsite and took to harvesting the logs. I expected to get wood, but got planks. Not sure if this is exploitable, as I did not look up what it takes to make the logs. I pulled over 100 planks from the 7 logs, with planks being gated, this is quite a find :)

Oh my, 14.6 just dropped

Fixed thanks

So.... This really isn't meant for SP, is it? I haven't followed the mod before so I have no idea if that't true or not, just experienced locked up progress or I'm missing something way too much. In short, trying to make wood workbench, for which I need steam generator, which needs boiler and turbine, both crafted in metal workbench, which again needs steam generator. I even checked the recipes, loot, even block files to see if something drops those items, but nope.

Soooo... What now? :S

Yes it can be played in SP. You can learn all Professions as you play. Thanks for the heads up I fixed it. Made a recipe the player can craft in their bag for each just takes longer than on Metal Work Bench. Just a FYI though you can find Steam Generators in Working Stiffs loot. Changes will be in next upload.

I set up a Forum section for server owners that run any form of the True Survival Mod can have their own thread on the community forums. If you have a server that runs my mod you can start a thread with your details and stuff so player can find your server.

True Survival Server List -

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HardcoreSurvivalServer/discussions/19/

Cool, thanks spider. Btw, the blunderbuss really is not working right anymore, i know you said you used it fine but check again pardner, i cant hit the side of a barn from point blank range when i was head shottin zoms like no tomorrow before, i think the update fd it up.

So i cant get into the server list to post, so im gonna put it here again. The server is called True Survival Aternative and passcode is same as for spiders server.

Why cant you post there? And we need your IP, Port and password. If the server is PVE or PVP and any special rules you have. You should be able to post in the forum section as long as your a member

Fixed thanks

Yes it can be played in SP. You can learn all Professions as you play. Thanks for the heads up I fixed it. Made a recipe the player can craft in their bag for each just takes longer than on Metal Work Bench. Just a FYI though you can find Steam Generators in Working Stiffs loot. Changes will be in next upload.

Ye, I figured, if you collect those proffesional pages etc. On the other hand, what's the deal with weekly/monthly magazines? Found few monthly ones, can't read them, only craft them in some other magazine that says "read the magazine", which again, you can't read. Oo

Ye, I figured, if you collect those proffesional pages etc. On the other hand, what's the deal with weekly/monthly magazines? Found few monthly ones, can't read them, only craft them in some other magazine that says "read the magazine", which again, you can't read. Oo

Yes a lot of the XP code does not work in the xml’s. The code to set the amount of XP gained from reading a book is one that id broken. So since I cannot control that XP amount I am using a “craft” action because that code works and I can set the XP. If you read the description on the items it tells you what to do with it. The Weekly Magazines give you 50XP in the stated skill and the Monthly Magazines give 100XP.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Yes a lot of the XP code does not work in the xml’s. The code to set the amount of XP gained from reading a book is one that broken. So since I cannot control that XP amount I am using a “craft” action because that code works and I can set the XP. If you read the description on the items it tells you what to do with it. The Weekly Magazines give you 50XP in the stated skill and the Monthly Magazines give 100XP.

Okay, but here's the deal: I've just crafted "Read the magazine" thingy with Armor Smithing Monthly, so I should get 100xp in Armor Smithing, right? Well, I don't, it's still at 1st level, no xp whatsoever. However, it gives me that xp in the Misc skill, which is not the behaviour you want I pressume. :)

Ok so i place my proffession case on the ground and try to open with the key but is just says "The item needs parts or needs repairing"? on a14.6

ok so i sorted the proffession case out by just hitting it and glass breaks then just open, no need for the key

Edited by KromaZone (see edit history)

Okay, but here's the deal: I've just crafted "Read the magazine" thingy with Armor Smithing Monthly, so I should get 100xp in Armor Smithing, right? Well, I don't, it's still at 1st level, no xp whatsoever. However, it gives me that xp in the Misc skill, which is not the behaviour you want I pressume. :)

Thanks. Missing the "g" off Armor Smithing, its fixed. Fix will be in next version of mod

Ok so i place my proffession case on the ground and try to open with the key but is just says "The item needs parts or needs repairing"? on a14.6

ok so i sorted the proffession case out by just hitting it and glass breaks then just open, no need for the key

Yes 14.6 broke all the tools. I have this fixed it will also be in next version of mod. Should have it out later today

It seems all of the police_station1 prefab variants contain armor tables (ID#2228) and not the bullet press (ID#2034) as in previous releases. Not sure if this was intentional.

You know what you might be right. I did those when I first released the mod and i think i have renumbered the files since then. I'll check it out and if so fix it. Thanks for the heads up

Having an issue with the new Drinks perk unlock. I unlocked tier one which is supposed to give both teas, wellness juice, and purification tablets? Is it not? It only gave me the tabs. Or are the teas unlocked with other tiers? You really should put out in an depth perk / skill description as tiered perks are very misleading and often times it's hard to tell what tier of what perk unlocks what recipe.

Also might I suggest / ask that when using wrenches on old couches and the wooden chairs you also get nails? Makes sense.

Edited by Megales Sthenos (see edit history)

A breakdown of the perk tiers would be nice, but the bigger issue is that the default skill attributes window is too small and doesn't provide enough space to display all of the recipes for any perk that grants more than five recipes.

Default description and skill panel:

P77RiOvl.png

Small tweak for added clarity on my server:

sOY3o84l.png

The overriding problem is that the skills menu provided by TFPs is rather crude in its current iteration and doesn't lend itself to providing all that much information at once.

• 3 weeks later...

Nuts & bolts

Hi,

First up, very much liking this mod so thanks for putting it together. It's very challenging and I'm really enjoying the detail, it's far more immersive than the vanilla version is in its current state.

Perhaps it's been posted before but is it possible to find nuts and bolts by scavenging? I know I can make it in a forge but I haven't been able to source any calipers yet either so here I am, 54 levels and 63 days in and the only thing holding me back from building my minibike are 4 measly nuts and bolts!

It's a bit maddening and I'd appreciate any help folks can give.

Cheers.