Unofficial XML Fixes

Clockwork Orange

This really isn't a fix, but I add a bit of scrapbrass to my loot.xml and files. Maybe this could negatively effect balance, but it seems like bits of brass should drop from working stiff crates (hardware stores sell tons of brass fittings, screws, plates etc...), cars (brass fittings + brass screws), power plant panels (brass screws, terminal blocks and pipe fittings), and surely some zombies must be wearing big brass belt buckles, especially the burly flannel shirt wearing frozen zombies.

Even single bits of scrap brass would add a little variety to always getting scrap iron.

- P

I am currently wearing those myself purely for the fact that they do not effect my insulation given my current gear. :) I will probably add some insulation value to them based on what you said as shades cool you down and goggles should provide some form of insulation against the cold.

I wear aviator goggles for the same reason; finding that equilibrium is rewarding, once you've got a set you're happy with. I wasn't expecting you to add the change so fast, nice one! :)

Lol yeah I figured you would like that, I think that it should be a better balance for once your wearing full iron armor to help offset the negative insulation of it.

You should check out my other mod: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?34815-A13-2-Let-Me-Decorate-Mod

I have balanced food / wellness using a formula, as well as I have made the fireaxe and the stone axe more balance for butchery since I feel that they were too strong which left almost no reason to be using a bone shiv or knife.

And if your not using any mod that changes the rwgmixer or prefabs you should check out my version it improves random gen for towns and cities by quite a bit.

The summary of the mod is:

You can craft all aesthetic blocks

You can craft the machete which is unlocked with the hunting knife book

Repairing tools / weapons once you reach lvl 100 for that particular skill will not degrade the item

Rebalanced food and wellness

Adds a dew collector for farming murky water to combat water loss, unless you want to exploit the water bucket lol

Adds a chicken farm for collecting feathers

Adds fertilizer so you can use poop for something :)

Re-enabled gore blocks and restored log spikes back to what they were before the nerf.

Adds omnigel so you can farm resources rather than mining them but you need to grow all crop types pretty much and it is fairly well balanced.

And it adds yucca, aloe, and chrysanthemum farming

Not everyone's cup of tea but if you are not using any other mods I suggest checking it out, as I think it might be something you might like.

Oh and it is always up to date with the Unofficial XMl Fixes and is built off of these files.

Anyways if yo do decide to check it out let me know what you think I have not got a whole lot of feedback on it but I am really enjoying it personally.

I need as many opinions as possible about how the upgrade path from brick to reinforced concrete:

I feel that brick blocks should first have to upgrade to cobblestone then to reinforced concrete rather than strait to reinforced concrete?

Yes, this is exactly what I debated yesterday with players on my server. We think it is too easy to go up to reinforced concrete by the brick-path. There should be a step in between to make the costs a bit equal to the "real" concrete upgrade path :)

Update (1/12/16)

+Items

goggles: Added <property name="Insulation" value="5"/> and <property name="Waterproof" value="0.05"/>

As someone quite familiar with goggles in cold weather, I'd like to comment on this one (I live in Finland):

Insulation on the goggles is in practice from them stopping the wind, thus creating a layer of air barrier between your skin and the outside air. Air is also the best insulant, that's why fluffy stuff is so good in cold weather and in quilts. If there was a way for them to lower the wind level for the player, that would be great, otherwise they have the same problem as the duster, which would keep you cooler in the desert and warmer in the snow in reality, but you need to choose one in game at least for now.

Waterproof on the other hand should not be there at all. They don't help at all in the rain, unless you are moving at high speed.

IMO it should be:

brick > cobblestone > concrete > reinforced concrete

I think it depends on the type of brick. Most of the prefabs use a form of Decayed Brick I believe and these have similar, if not the same, hardness as concrete. Upgrading these directly to reinforced concrete makes sense to me. On the other hand, player-made regular brick should not upgrade directly to reinforced concrete unless it is first upgraded to decayed brick prior to being placed or upgraded to cobblestone after being placed.

Question: If you change brick so that it upgrades to Cobblestone, what is the impact for the dozens of other blocks that are extended from Brick? For instance, all of the decayed brick blocks are extended from Brick - this upgrade path change will also impact those.

This type of change may have larger consequences than may be obvious at first glance.

That being said, I was watching some streams recently and this does seem to be a thing now. A lot of people are now crafting cheap brick blocks and then simply upgrading them to reinforced concrete right away. This is quickly becoming the defacto method of creating a reinforced concrete base in a hurry and with the least resource cost.

I found this while looking through items.xml

under : <item id="45" name="mp5"> it has <property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Rifles"/> and it should be <property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Pistols"/>

Looking at the ammo for the SMG find it listed as:

<item id="322" name="10mmBullet">

<property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Pistols"/>

yep, the change from Rifle to Pistol is needed for the SMG <property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Pistols"/>

It's not a pistol, either. =P

lol it's MP5 an per the mesh and item.xml What do you think the p in MP5 means?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_MP5

"The Heckler & Koch MP5 (from German: Maschinenpistole 5, meaning machine pistol 5) is a 9mm submachine gun of German design, developed in the 1960s by a team of engineers from the German small arms manufacturer Heckler & Koch GmbH (H&K) of Oberndorf am Neckar. There are over 100 variants of the MP5,[3] including a semi-automatic version."

Granted, in game, the weapon is 10mm. which would make it the MP5/10 variant.

Question: If you change brick so that it upgrades to Cobblestone, what is the impact for the dozens of other blocks that are extended from Brick? For instance, all of the decayed brick blocks are extended from Brick - this upgrade path change will also impact those.

This type of change may have larger consequences than may be obvious at first glance.

No that is the whole point all blocks that are brick or are extended from brick have the same hardness as brick including the decayed brick and thus should be treated the same and upgrade the same.

As someone quite familiar with goggles in cold weather, I'd like to comment on this one (I live in Finland):

Insulation on the goggles is in practice from them stopping the wind, thus creating a layer of air barrier between your skin and the outside air. Air is also the best insulant, that's why fluffy stuff is so good in cold weather and in quilts. If there was a way for them to lower the wind level for the player, that would be great, otherwise they have the same problem as the duster, which would keep you cooler in the desert and warmer in the snow in reality, but you need to choose one in game at least for now.

Waterproof on the other hand should not be there at all. They don't help at all in the rain, unless you are moving at high speed.

TBH shades or any eye wear should not have any insulation rating at all, but within the mechanics of the game it makes sense, shades are designed to help cool you off so an alternative must be in place for the opposite effect, and just like a hat or coat should not protect you from getting wet from stepping in a puddle it still does and this can not be looked at too closely since it is not possible for the game mechanics to determine the point of wetness. Shades help you cool off in the desert goggles help you stay warm in the snow biome, when it snows you get wet that also contributes to getting colder faster and the waterproof makes sense since they are goggles.

I think you are reading too much into this, you need to get your head into the game mechanics and not into reality lol

No that is the whole point all blocks that are brick or are extended from brick have the same hardness as brick including the decayed brick and thus should be treated the same and upgrade the same.

Yes, you are right. As of A13, all blocks have hardness 1 and everything is determined by Hit Points. As Brick only has 1000 HP, they should upgrade to Cobblestone (3000 combined HP) and not Reinforced Concrete (12000 combined HP). Make it so! ;)

Under the heading of "where did my Hazmat Pants go?

Layer value is set at layer 1, all other leg armor uses value 3.

when changed to the correct layer the HazMat pants now show.

<item id="806" name="hazmatPants">

<property name="Layer" value="3" />

Update (1/13/16)

+Blocks

First Pass of code cleaning:

Removed all blank spaces that occurred after a line of code within code blocks

Removed characters that should not exist in the file:

<block id='217' name='reinforcedScrapIronInsideCorner'> <property name='Item' value='concreteMix' /> />

and (-->) cant remember where this one was exactly

Tightened up some code blocks by removing the spacing between them

Fixed improperly placed repair value for <block id="706" name="reinforcedMetalWoodPillar"> I had it outside of the block between blocks

wedgeBrick: Changed upgrade path to cobblestoneWedge from concreteRampReinforced and now requires 10 cobblestones to upgrade

brick: Changed upgrade path to cobblestone from concreteReinforced and now requires 10 cobblestones to upgrade

+Items

mp5: Fixed changed <property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Pistols"/> from rifles

hazmatPants: Fixed changed <property name="Layer" value="3" /> from 1

Original code

<item id="403" name="44MagnumParts">

<property name="DescriptionKey" value="44MagnumPartsGroupDesc"/>

<property name="PartType" value="Pump"/>

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Misc/sackPrefab"/>

<property name="DropMeshfile" value="Items/Misc/sack_droppedPrefab"/>

<property name="Material" value="metal"/>

<property name="HoldType" value="45"/>

<property name="Stacknumber" value="1"/>

<property name="Degradation" value="100" param1="false"/>

<property name="DegradationBreaksAfter" value="false"/>

<property name="Group" value="Miscellaneous"/>

<property class="Preview">

<property name="Zoom" value="28"/>

<property name="Pos" value="0,-0.05"/>

<property name="Rot" value="90,45,0"/>

Without these lines added always shows quality as 1

<property class="Attributes">

<property name="DegradationMax" value="30,600"/>

</property>

New code

</property>

Original code

Without these lines added always shows quality as 1

</property>

New code

</property>

I am not in game to look, but I think the AK47 also has this problem with one of it's parts. Something else does too, although I may be thinking of the 44Magnum above. I need to look.

I looked....

44 Magnum Parts, AK47 Parts, SMG Parts, and Rocket launcher Parts

all of the above are missing their Degradation line:

also these seem higher than they should be:

<item id="279" name="mp5_receiver">

<property name="DegradationMax" value="500,1000" />

<item id="277" name="mp5_barrel">

<item id="278" name="mp5_stock">

<item id="818" name="ak47_receiver">

<property name="DegradationMax" value="500,2000" />

<item id="817" name="ak47_stock">

item id="816" name="ak47_barrel">

The value of 30,600 seems the 'normal' for the remaining gun parts.

Archived