Unofficial XML Fixes

Clockwork Orange

Update (1/9/16)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?36458-13-6-List-of-XML-bugs-typos-and-missed-properties

Issue: Some buffs do not extend when they should.

If you take your last precious dose of antibiotics when a "cured" buff has 2 minutes to go... then the pill will have no effect.

The effect bounces off the existing buff!

That is counter-intuitive. Reported by Gazz

+Buffs

<buff id="cured" Fixed added stack="reset" to fix taking antibiotics while the buff is still active

<buff id="firstAid" Fixed added stack="reset" to fix using first aid bandages while the buff is still active

<buff id="firstAidLarge" Fixed added stack="reset" to fix using first aid kits while the buff is still active

<buff id="painkillerBuff" Fixed added stack="reset" to fix using painkillers while the buff is still active

Some things that I have read or seen that may be considered as missing are the following:

Many blocks like the GreenMetal have Extend properties and even though the original block has a repair property it doesn't extend so needs to be added separately for each block. (blocks.xml)

Has this actually been confirmed? I have been playing an A13.6 seed in a decayed brick prefab with concrete blocks at the base of the prefeb. Both of these blocks are [extend]ed from brick or concrete and I have had no issues with either the cobblestone or concreteMix repairs....

Thanks.

I have just ran a quick test and it appears that extensions do properly extend the repair value to the extended blocks, it is most likely possible that people have had issues with repairing blocks simply because the block that it gets extended from may have been missing a repair value.

I have added repair values to all blocks including extended ones in these fixed files to make absolutely sure there would be no issues.

I think I found out why this is working i think it is because the short metal pipe does not have <property name="RepairAmount" value="10" /> associated with it.

That property is only used when repairing items (like tools). When repairing blocks (like the rebar frame), the amount needed to repair the block is specified in the block's repairItems.* property.

Another bug to report: scrapHatch_v2 is missing its downgrade property. It should downgrade to scrapHatch_v1

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="scrapHatch_v1" />

That property is only used when repairing items (like tools). When repairing blocks (like the rebar frame), the amount needed to repair the block is specified in the block's repairItems.* property.

Another bug to report: scrapHatch_v2 is missing its downgrade property. It should downgrade to scrapHatch_v1

<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="scrapHatch_v1" />

Yeah I figured that out when I had to add those values to forged steel to fix the steel pickaxe nul ref error, thanks for letting me know though.

And I haev now fixed the scrap hatch, good eye, thanks for posting! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Update (1/9/16)

+BLocks

scrapHatch_v2 Fixed added missing <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="scrapHatch_v1" />

Not a bug per se or I would post it in the actual bugs topic.

More of a somewhat hamfisted implementation. =)

There is a 40° temperature jump at one altitude level.

weathersurvival.xml

<TemperatureHeight height="0" addDegrees="10"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="12" addDegrees="8"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="24" addDegrees="6"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="36" addDegrees="4"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="48" addDegrees="2"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="60" addDegrees="0"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="68" addDegrees="-1"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="76" addDegrees="-2"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="84" addDegrees="-3"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="92" addDegrees="-4"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="100" addDegrees="-5"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="106" addDegrees="-6"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="118" addDegrees="-8"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="130" addDegrees="-10"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="133" addDegrees="-12"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="137" addDegrees="-14"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="142" addDegrees="-17"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="147" addDegrees="-20"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="153" addDegrees="-23"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="158" addDegrees="-26"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="163" addDegrees="-29"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="168" addDegrees="-32"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="174" addDegrees="-35"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="179" addDegrees="-38"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="184" addDegrees="-41"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="189" addDegrees="-44"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="195" addDegrees="-47"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="200" addDegrees="-50"/>

Yeah I went ahead and implemented this fix and to me this is a fix as well as it does seem to be a much better implementation and much more realistic.

Update (1/10/16)

+Weathersurvival

Fixed missing temperature gradients at different altitudes.

<TemperatureHeight height="0" addDegrees="10"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="12" addDegrees="8"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="24" addDegrees="6"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="36" addDegrees="4"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="48" addDegrees="2"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="60" addDegrees="0"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="68" addDegrees="-1"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="76" addDegrees="-2"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="84" addDegrees="-3"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="92" addDegrees="-4"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="100" addDegrees="-5"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="106" addDegrees="-6"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="118" addDegrees="-8"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="130" addDegrees="-10"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="133" addDegrees="-12"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="137" addDegrees="-14"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="142" addDegrees="-17"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="147" addDegrees="-20"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="153" addDegrees="-23"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="158" addDegrees="-26"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="163" addDegrees="-29"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="168" addDegrees="-32"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="174" addDegrees="-35"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="179" addDegrees="-38"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="184" addDegrees="-41"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="189" addDegrees="-44"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="195" addDegrees="-47"/>

<TemperatureHeight height="200" addDegrees="-50"/>

@Gazz, is the above temperature gradient tested and implemented on your server?

Everything I would report (here or as a "real" bug) is already implemented on my server.

If it's tested? Probably as well as the Pimps test their features. =P

In fact, there are a lot more such "fixes" on my server but many of those at least include a balancing element which has no place in bug reports and only leads to lengthy (and unproductive at this time) discussions.

The actual temperature CHANGE is delayed for the player so it would take a while to notice.

I just found it odd that climbing up 1m would cause a 40° temperature drop.

Feels more organic to me is all.

Excellent news! In any case, well spotted. It seems Clockwork Orange is very much "on it".

Everything I would report (here or as a "real" bug) is already implemented on my server.

If it's tested? Probably as well as the Pimps test their features. =P

This is good to know, thank you.

lol sorry.. i had over 1500 players since wipe on my server.. i change the block xml to the old.

its too many time to change now all ramps of other players

Ok i can implement a fix so that anyone who has built lots of cobblestone ramps can easily fix them by destroying them to stage 1 I will update this soon. After I update it simply re download my fixed files and replace them for the server and then you will have to just destroy them to there next stage and they will turn into a wedge then you can just upgrade them once again.

I will have the fix implemented soon.

Update (1/10/16)

+Blocks

<block id="1334" name="cobblestoneRampFrame"> Changed <property class="UpgradeBlock"><property name="ToBlock" value="cobblestoneWedgeBroke01" /> from cobblestoneRampQuarter

<block id="1335" name="cobblestoneRampQuarter"> Changed <property class="UpgradeBlock"><property name="ToBlock" value="cobblestoneWedgeBroke01" /> from cobblestoneRampHalf

<block id="1335" name="cobblestoneRampQuarter"> Added <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="cobblestoneWedgeBroke02" />

<block id="1336" name="cobblestoneRampHalf"> Added <property name="DowngradeBlock" value="cobblestoneWedgeBroke01" />

okay.,

now i changed the cobblestonewedgebroke 01 & 02 and cobblestonewedge

to the old

<property name="Shape" value="New" />

<property name="Mesh" value="opaque" />

<property name="Model" value="wedge" />

so that works for me.. but if someone build a cobblestone ramp to concrete then changed the direction again

Yes there is something wrong with the cobblestone ramp frame rotation, you will not have any issues if you use cobblestone wedges instead.

I just did a quick few tests and if you upgrade the ramps to cobblestone or to concrete they change position but if you upgrade the wedges they stay in there proper position so wedges are working fine but the ramps for some reason are broken.

Any ramps you have made that have changed position will have to be destroyed and you will have to use wedges no mater what you do since there is issues with the ramps and the wedges work perfect.

The problem with the ramp frames is because they use this <property name="Shape" value="New" />

And wedges use this <property name="Shape" value="Wedged" />

And if you change the the ramps to <property name="Shape" value="Wedged" /> then the ramps work fine but then the texture looks like it is already fully upgraded when it is just a frame with no cobblestone in them.

It is a bit difficult to explain but TFP need to rework the whole wedge / ramp thing and stick with just one or the other cause the rotation scheme is different between them when it upgrades.

So using the wedges instead of the ramps works perfect because the upgrades all use the same rotation scheme compared to the ramps.

Summary: Dont ever use the cobble ramp frames and only use the wedges to avoid rotation changes.

yes thanks.. then we can only hope that the next bug fixes patch is coming soon

The cobblestone ramp/wedge issue has been around for a long time; I wouldn't hold your breath for the change to appear in the next update, though I remain hopeful that these old bugs and issues will be addressed soon.

Archived