Unofficial XML Fixes

Clockwork Orange

Update (1/13/16)

+Items

44MagnumParts: Added missing attributes <property name="DegradationMax" value="30,600"/>

mp5_parts: Added missing attributes <property name="DegradationMax" value="500,1000"/>

ak47_parts: Added missing attributes <property name="DegradationMax" value="500,2000"/>

rocketLauncherParts: Added missing attributes <property name="DegradationMax" value="500,2000" />

Update (1/13/16)

+Items

44MagnumParts: Added missing attributes <property name="DegradationMax" value="30,600"/>

mp5_parts: Added missing attributes <property name="DegradationMax" value="500,1000"/>

ak47_parts: Added missing attributes <property name="DegradationMax" value="500,2000"/>

rocketLauncherParts: Added missing attributes <property name="DegradationMax" value="500,2000" />

These are also missing this attribute. It seems to be included on other gun components of the same type. Not sure if it is significant.

Barrels:

<item id="401" name="44MagnumFrame">

<item id="367" name="huntingRifleBarrel">

Stocks:

<item id="402" name="44MagnumGrip">

7 Day feral horde Spawning issue:

I have a theory on how to fix the spawning of 7 day hordes that needs to be tested.

Based off of this information given by Doctor3D:

("As far as I'm aware the day value is required for it to work properly. The day value is a rule the game looks for - it won't do anything if it doesn't find an answer to the rule.

I've messed around a lot with the spawning system in this game over the past year or two. From my experience, what I believe happens after day 49 is the game properly wraps back to the base numerical 7 for days. In this case, day 56 is when the game SHOULD read the <day value="7"> instead of <day value="*"> -

But the game at this point is no longer looking for a specific value - it's not looking for '56' in the rule. It's looking for a numerical continuation based on the 'reset today' time and based on the point at which that was executed.

This is where things get out of sync. When this was originally put in the game - the game ran at I think 40 minute days by default (iirc).

You start the game Day 1 7:00 and finish Day 49 at 'random time finished' - This is the problem. The game 'resets today' but you finish the horde on day 50 at a random time based on how fast the horde died. It's not until the console reads (paraphrasing) "NightHorde Finished All Waves Spawned")

I am thinking that since the horde is 300 zombies large that it will continue to spawn into the next day thus getting out of sync, so therefor I am thinking that if you set the horde <property name="TotalAlive" value="100" /> to the same value as set to the <property name="TotalPerWave" value="100" />

That way when the horde spawns it spawns all of the zombies and as soon as it finishes spawning all of the zombies for that horde it will trigger "NightHorde Finished All Waves Spawned" and that way it will not go out of sync.

I have updated the spawning file to use the vanilla spawning file with these changes:

<entityspawner name="NightHorde" dynamic="true" wrapMode="wrap"> <!-- these are feral hordes who will find the player for sure -->
	<day value="*">
		<property name="ResetToday"         value="true" />
		<property name="EntityGroupName"    value="ZombiesNight" />
		<property name="DelayBetweenSpawns" value="1" />
		<property name="TotalAlive"         value="0" />
		<property name="TotalPerWave"       value="0" />
	</day>
	<day value="7">
		[color="#FFFF00"]<property name="TotalAlive"         value="50" />
		<property name="TotalPerWave"       value="50" />[/color]
	</day>		
	<day value="14">
		[color="#FFFF00"]<property name="TotalAlive"         value="75" />
		<property name="TotalPerWave"       value="75" />[/color]
	</day>
	<day value="21">
		<property name="EntityGroupName"    value="ZombiesWastelandNight" />
	</day>	
	<day value="28">
	</day>
	<day value="35">
		[color="#FFFF00"]<property name="TotalAlive"         value="80" />
		<property name="TotalPerWave"       value="80" />[/color]
	</day>
	<day value="42">
		[color="#FFFF00"]<property name="TotalAlive"         value="80" />
		<property name="TotalPerWave"       value="80" />[/color]
	</day>
	<day value="49">
		<property name="EntityGroupName"    value="ZombiesWastelandNight2" />
		[color="#FFFF00"]<property name="TotalAlive"         value="85" />
		<property name="TotalPerWave"       value="85" />[/color]
	</day>														
</entityspawner>

i set them to be lower than 100 for now just to test it since some servers have there max zombie count set to 100.

It seems I can't PM you back cause your inbox is full! I'll just post my response here.

Yeah, Total Alive being close or similar to Total Per Wave should do what you are wanting. Though I have never successfully proven anything that will actually make the wrapper mode work for feral hordes... Sadly doing that doesn't promise it will spawn all those zombies, the game does several checks before spawning a zombie, "total alive" just being one of them. Some of them are 'hard wired' into the game to prevent stability issues. if the number of zombies qued to be spawned is higher then any of these numbers, some can be held up, and the game can be very stupid and hang up a single zombie spawn because of one zombie that got stuck in a bush or something and could totally mess up the "all waves spawned" trigger. The wrapper isn't my strength because it seemingly has a mind of it's own, and I don't know much about that trigger itself, sorry I can't be of more help.

May main suggestion on top of that would be, keep the numbers small, the smaller the horde the less likely something goofy happens! I know that's not the funnest option, but it really helps if stability is what's important to you!

Thanks Chaosocks, sorry I cleaned up my inbox, yeah I realized that the spawning code needs some work in order for the 7 day hordes to function properly, the best I can do is not use the wrap method and simply extend the days, so that is what I have done, I extended them to day 756 and after that every night a horde will spawn if it can.

I hope TFP rework the spawning code soon, I know madmole stated they were going to be gutting the spawning code soon so that sounds awesome, hopefully they come up with something great.

One idea I had is that they just need to make it so that once a horde is triggered to spawn then the code has to simultaneously despawn any non feral zombies starting with the ones furthest away that are still loaded / saved / active or whatever.

Anyways thanks again for the reply. :)

I am consulting higher powers for words of wisdom on all the attributes for all the weapons, for now everything seems to be working fine so we will roll with it like this until I get a bit more information. :)

That's what a submachinegun has been called in German... Same for the Finnish name Konepistooli, which is a literal translation for the German name. It still doesn't make it into a pistol. It belongs to the rifles group in function, exactly for the same reason an assault rifle does. You don't shoot a pistol holding it against your shoulder, and lean your cheek against it... I hope. :-D Only thing pistol in it is it's caliber. Using parts for example to change a M4 to 9mm makes it into a submachinegun, but it's still exactly the same weapon in it's main function.

I have shot a practice-LAW, which used a 9mm round. Is that then a pistol? ;-P

You are absolutely right. and I'm usually the one telling people it's a game, not a reality simulator. :-D

What I meant was, that if personal windspeed is a modifiable factor in the game, the goggles should affect it instead of insulation, but insulation is a good second if that's not possible.

It's not like you need any extra insulation anyway as it is. I say this from my ongoing "8 days in max altitude in snow biome from the start without dying"-game's experience... ;-) I'm fine with how it is changed now though.

I'm commenting because I am passionate about the game, not because I want to nitpick. I also have real life military survival training which affects on how I see things sometimes, but that shouldn't affect .xml changes for a game. Only mentioning that because I feel I needed to explain where I am coming from. So sorry about that, and carry on doing what you do well. :-)

I would not touch any of the weapons, except if there's something missing. They are perfectly fine as they are, and I bet there are reasons for some of the more suspicious values, like there always has been.

That's what a submachinegun has been called in German... Same for the Finnish name Konepistooli, which is a literal translation for the German name. It still doesn't make it into a pistol. It belongs to the rifles group in function, exactly for the same reason an assault rifle does. You don't shoot a pistol holding it against your shoulder, and lean your cheek against it... I hope. :-D Only thing pistol in it is it's caliber. Using parts for example to change a M4 to 9mm makes it into a submachinegun, but it's still exactly the same weapon in it's main function.

I have shot a practice-LAW, which used a 9mm round. Is that then a pistol? ;-P

Followed this for a couple posts. Gorgarn is correct, but a couple of points that need to be corrected.

First, from the outset the correct catagory would in fact be "Sub-machineguns". We do not have a skill catagory for that and it would be stupid to have a skill for only weapon.

Second, just going on type-by-function, it is firing a pistol cartridge. A sub-machine gun will accurately cover the same range as a pistol (and a bit more) but it would not do so at the ranges of a rifle, especially a scoped AR platform (Sniper rifle), a bolt action, and an AK as we have in game. Given the two categories that we have, pistol is appropriate.

Third, the usage of SMG's more aligns with a pistol rather than a rifle. SMG's were designed at the outset to be close quarters weapons, not long distance weapons. A man would use a pistol or an SMG to clear a house, due to barrel length and going around corners, etc. A rifle would put you at a distinct disadvantage in that situation. The opposite, a SMG in a distance situation, two problems come up. The much shorter barrel will far less accurate (to the point of not being viable) than a rifle, and the fact that you are using pistol ammunition means you will have both a loss of accuracy and a loss of stopping power at the same range of the rifle (both due to lower amount of powder used in a pistol cartridge vs a rifle cartridge).

Lastly, both pistols and SMGs are quick-up, reflex fired weapons. Yes, you *can* attempt to shoot something at range, but the short barrels will magnify any firing error. Shooting something close in, reflexively, is how you would fire both pistols and SMGs.

The C96 Mauser is a pistol. A wooden stock can be affixed to it. You wouldn't term that a rifle. It's still a pistol as it's firing a pistol round and wouldn't be used for the same distance as a rifle

As an aside, you brought up you firing the LAW. To begin with, I'm betting that you fired an AT-4, not a LAW. Two different weapons with one being a rocket and the other a projectile. The sub-caliber training round for the AT-4 is the 9mm (The Finnish variant of the LAW fires a 7.62mm subcaliber round. You wouldn't term that a rifle).

I've fired the M72 LAW, the 84mm AT-4 (as well as with subcaliber 9mm training rounds), and I've trained other soldiers on them.

I've fired the MP5SD, as well as M16A2 and M4.

tl:dr The reflexive manner in which they are fired and the range at which they are fired makes SMG's more akin to pistols rather the slow aimed, longer distance shots of a rifle as well as the recoil being more similar. Gorgarn is correct. SMG's should skill up pistol, not rifle.

You are absolutely right. and I'm usually the one telling people it's a game, not a reality simulator. :-D

What I meant was, that if personal windspeed is a modifiable factor in the game, the goggles should affect it instead of insulation, but insulation is a good second if that's not possible.

It's not like you need any extra insulation anyway as it is. I say this from my ongoing "8 days in max altitude in snow biome from the start without dying"-game's experience... ;-) I'm fine with how it is changed now though.

I'm commenting because I am passionate about the game, not because I want to nitpick. I also have real life military survival training which affects on how I see things sometimes, but that shouldn't affect .xml changes for a game. Only mentioning that because I feel I needed to explain where I am coming from. So sorry about that, and carry on doing what you do well. :-)

Lol no worries I am passionate too so I know how that is.

And as always thanks for the input. :)

My reasoning for changing the mp5 to use the pistol skill is simply because we have enough rifles in the game as it is and very few pistols, also it is most definitely debatable weather or not it is one or the other in this case I dont think it really matters too much either way but a decision has to be made so I made one and if it should be changed back then I have no problem with that either way but just come to a conclusion.

IMO it is a automatic machine pistol and the AK is the automatic rifle for variance. :)

Update (1/14/16)

+Blocks

Fixed harvested wood amounts for trees, since 500 hp trees yield 300 wood I fixed 250 hp trees to now yield 150 wood

MountainPine6m: Fixed <drop event="Harvest" name="wood" count="100" />  ---> from 25
                     <drop event="Destroy" name="wood" count="50" prob="1" /> ---> from 12

MountainPine8m: Fixed <drop event="Harvest" name="wood" count="100" />  ---> from 25

Birch10m: Fixed <drop event="Harvest" name="wood" count="100" />  ---> from 25

Birch12m: Fixed <drop event="Harvest" name="wood" count="100" />  ---> from 25

Maple6m: Fixed <drop event="Harvest" name="wood" count="100" />  ---> from 25

WinterEverGreen: Fixed <drop event="Harvest" name="wood" count="100" />  ---> from 25

plantedMountainPine6m: Fixed <drop event="Harvest" name="wood" count="100" />  ---> from 25

plantedMountainPine8m: Fixed <drop event="Harvest" name="wood" count="100" />  ---> from 25

plantedMaple6m: Fixed <drop event="Harvest" name="wood" count="100" />  ---> from 25

Fixed balanced burn time of:

woodRampFrame: Fixed burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="50" /> ---> from 100

logCabin: Fixed burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="200" /> ---> from 86

ladder: Fixed burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="33" /> ---> from 83

trunkPineTip: Fixed burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="300" /> ---> from 128

trapSpikes01: Fixed burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="33" /> ---> from 36

cabinetTop: Fixed burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="100" /> ---> from 12

oldChair: Fixed burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="100" /> ---> from 50

poleBlockOldWood: Fixed burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="8" /> ---> from 9

pyramidShinglesWood: Fixed burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="200" /> ---> from 24

railingWoodWhite: Fixed added burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="40" /> they previously did not have any burn time

planks4: Fixed burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="200" /> ---> from 100

stairsSmallRichwood: Fixed burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="200" /> ---> from 48

woodFence: Fixed burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="90" /> ---> from 108

woodFenceOldFarm: Fixed burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="50" /> ---> from 108

woodShinglesCorner: Fixed added burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="100" /> they previously did not have any burn time

wedgeWoodShingles: Fixed added burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="200" /> they previously did not have any burn time

barnWood: Fixed burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="200" /> ---> from 100

desk01: Fixed burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="150" /> ---> from 100

shinglesWood: Fixed burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="200" /> ---> from 100

trunkPine: Fixed burn time <property name="FuelValue" value="400" /> ---> from 180

was lootcontainer 66 ever addressed to be assigned to the snowzombie?

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- new jack city baby

Yup if you check the main post front page you will see:

snowzombie: Added missing properties: <property name="LootListOnDeath" value="66" />

and Fixed loot container for herbal antibiotics recipe should now drop <lootcontainer id="63" count="

0,1"

tl:dr The reflexive manner in which they are fired and the range at which they are fired makes SMG's more akin to pistols rather the slow aimed, longer distance shots of a rifle as well as the recoil being more similar. Gorgarn is correct. SMG's should skill up pistol, not rifle.

And the random guy after an apocalypse is a special forces soldier, or member of a special police branch? Because they are practically the only people getting reflexive training. This might vary between countries though.

I gave my input and view to something, and the whole matter didn't need anybody to jump in and prove me or anyone else wrong.

Train someone to use an assault rifle, then train someone else to use a pistol. Then give both a MP5 and see which one of them fares better.

Funny that someone with so much knowledge about weapons and military training comes as his first thing after registering to a game's forums to the modding sub-forum, jumps into a thread about .xml changes, reads through pages of "geek", and finds a conversation about weapons. That's some sixth sense right there. You could probably guess the lottery numbers too. :-)

Caliber was the original argument on placing weapons into categories, not how the weapons were used. I was talking about their use instead, and how they are handled. That's all, no need to prove anybody wrong. There is no wrong anyway, as either argument is basically wrong, because of the missing SMG category.

There is no category for an assault rifle either, which is in the rifles category, but is handled very differently in a combat situation. On a normal range they work identically to (scopeless) rifles though.

In any case, I have said my piece to this particular sub-topic, which isn't even important in the scale of the game... Have a nice and pleasant day. :-)

And the random guy after an apocalypse is a special forces soldier, or member of a special police branch? Because they are practically the only people getting reflexive training. This might vary between countries though.

I gave my input and view to something, and the whole matter didn't need anybody to jump in and prove me or anyone else wrong.

Train someone to use an assault rifle, then train someone else to use a pistol. Then give both a MP5 and see which one of them fares better.

Funny that someone with so much knowledge about weapons and military training comes as his first thing after registering to a game's forums to the modding sub-forum, jumps into a thread about .xml changes, reads through pages of "geek", and finds a conversation about weapons. That's some sixth sense right there. You could probably guess the lottery numbers too. :-)

Caliber was the original argument on placing weapons into categories, not how the weapons were used. I was talking about their use instead, and how they are handled. That's all, no need to prove anybody wrong. There is no wrong anyway, as either argument is basically wrong, because of the missing SMG category.

There is no category for an assault rifle either, which is in the rifles category, but is handled very differently in a combat situation. On a normal range they work identically to (scopeless) rifles though.

In any case, I have said my piece to this particular sub-topic, which isn't even important in the scale of the game... Have a nice and pleasant day. :-)

Whether or not someone has gotten the training, the similarities in how the two are used for quick shots and house clearing would become readily apparent to someone after enough use. The added similarities with respect to range and ballistics vs the SMG and a high powered rifle sealed the deal.

Caliber was part of the argument. I also went to how they were used. A submachine gun will be used at the same ranges as a pistol, plus a bit more because of the added stability of a stock (in most cases). They are wholly inappropriate to be used at ranges at which a rifle would be used. So yes, I was using both caliber and the manner in which they are used.

Clockwork Orange put it succinctly when he said that the SMG was in effect an automatic pistol and the AK was the automatic rifle. That sums it up perfectly.

As to my "sixth sense". You are ignoring the fact that you do not need to register to view these forums. I've lurked in the forum for several months and this thread for several weeks. I only registered and posted when I felt I had something to add to the conversation. Your sideways insinuation that this is a sock account is a deflection tactic (and also ignores the fact that another Steam account would have to be created).

Lastly, your attempt to make the matter relative.. "whole matter didn't need anybody to jump in and prove me or anyone else wrong"... ignores the fact that you yourself felt the need to jump in and correct someone else with, at best, highly debatable opinions. The cherry-on-top comes when someone else (me) who has your level of experience or better gives a contradictory statement it suddenly doesn't matter.

In the future, if you expect to be able to challenge someones statement because of your experience, you yourself must be ready to have your statements challenged or corrected by someone else with similar experience in turn. Fair's fair.

Good day to you Sir.

Update (1/16/16)

Blocks:

Fixed: Changed from reinforcedConcreteOutsideCornerBroke01

clayRoofCorner: <property name="Extends" value="reinforcedConcreteOutsideCornerBroke03" />

cornerFullWedgeConcrete: <property name="Extends" value="reinforcedConcreteOutsideCornerBroke03" />

adobeWhiteTrimCorner: <property name="Extends" value="reinforcedConcreteOutsideCornerBroke03" />

Hey Clockwork, I am on day 122 and since day 99 I haven't had any night hordes, 0. Plenty of zombies during the day the XML definitely fixed that but nothing at night. I haven't made any personal changes to the files in this mod could it be something else? I do have the Magoli's Prefab mod loaded including his RWG

thanks for any help

Hey Clockwork, I am on day 122 and since day 99 I haven't had any night hordes, 0. Plenty of zombies during the day the XML definitely fixed that but nothing at night. I haven't made any personal changes to the files in this mod could it be something else? I do have the Magoli's Prefab mod loaded including his RWG

thanks for any help

i am assuming you are talking about the roaming hordes?

i have extended roaming hordes only up to day 99, but again the wrap code is supposed to reset the hordes and start over again as far as I know but the wrap code is not working properly so you can just further extend the days of the roaming hordes.

Archived