Unofficial XML Fixes

Clockwork Orange

Hi Clockwork.

Those big gun safes have 1000 HP and Desk / Wall safe have 1000 HP also. Do you consider this balanced? Smaller should be easier to break in imho.

I'm not sure this one was addressed, 1 small stone = 5 stones in forge. It takes 4 small stones to make 1 gravel. That single gravel will give you 100 stones in the forge. Either small stone should yield 25 stones (best option) or the gravel should be nerfed to 20 stones.

Thank you

Hi Clockwork.

Those big gun safes have 1000 HP and Desk / Wall safe have 1000 HP also. Do you consider this balanced? Smaller should be easier to break in imho.

I'm not sure this one was addressed, 1 small stone = 5 stones in forge. It takes 4 small stones to make 1 gravel. That single gravel will give you 100 stones in the forge. Either small stone should yield 25 stones (best option) or the gravel should be nerfed to 20 stones.

Thank you

The gun safes are made of the same material so size does not matter in this case, and yes I have fixed the (gravel / destroyed stone) to small stone exploit.

And you are welcome. :)

The stone shovel needs a weight fix, costs 3 small stone and the weight is 64.

The hunting knife is 25 weight, costs 20 weight to make.

Glass jars(all) are 15 weight for melting, cost 10 weight to make.

Yeah now that I am looking at the items for the first time there is items missing weight values like the fireaxe and shovel and some weight values are too high which can result in minor exploitative crafting while others are so low it makes them useless to even be placed into the forge. Since TFP are unable to balance things properly I guess I am going to have to balance them myself. This is something I really should not have to be doing honestly, but I mean what else am I supposed to do especially with people running servers, I know that admins dont want their players exploiting the forge with crafting items into infinite loops. And worse yet the players dont have much of a choice if the values are forcing them into the exploits simply by having them place the item into the forge.

I will go through all the crafted Items and have them fixed shortly.

Thanks for posting!

Update (1/19/16)

+Items

Changed and added missing weight values of metal items to fix exploits and balance.

All crafted items yield 50% of the cost of the metal material it takes to craft them, this is based off of the iron club which I felt did not need any change.

clubSpiked: Fixed changed <property name='Weight' value='25' /> from 15

clubBarbed: Fixed changed <property name='Weight' value='20' /> from 5

fireaxe: Added missing <property name='Weight' value='25' />

pickaxeIron: Added missing <property name='Weight' value='25' />

sledgehammer: Fixed changed <property name='Weight' value='40' /> from 72

shovel: Added missing <property name='Weight' value='20' />

hoe: Fixed changed <property name='Weight' value='20' /> from 32

huntingKnife: Fixed changed <property name='Weight' value='10' /> from 25

stoneShovel: Fixed changed <property name='Weight' value='10' /> from 64

emptyJar: Fixed changed <property name='Weight' value='10' /> from 15

bucket: Added missing <property name='Weight' value='35' />

cookingGrill: Added missing <property name='Weight' value='25' />

ironBoots: Added missing <property name='Weight' value='25' />

ironLegArmor: Added missing <property name='Weight' value='25' />

ironChestArmor: Added missing <property name='Weight' value='50' />

ironHelmet: Fixed changed <property name='Weight' value='25' /> from 15

ironGloves: Added missing <property name='Weight' value='25' />

scrapBoots: Added missing <property name='Weight' value='15' />

scrapLegArmor: Added missing <property name='Weight' value='15' />

scrapChestArmor: Added missing <property name='Weight' value='25' />

scrapHelmet: Added missing <property name='Weight' value='15' />

scrapGloves: Added missing <property name='Weight' value='15' />

pickaxeSteel: Added missing <property name='Weight' value='50' />

forgedSteel: Added missing <property name='Weight' value='20' />

If I have missed anything let me know, if anyone has any further input feel free to leave your comments below.

Personally I think going with 100% weight of the primary material would be better. If you're scrapping you pay a 25% penalty, if forging you pay with fuel, and in both cases you lose the secondary materials. Weightless crafted items already follow this scheme.

Pipebombs and flares need a diet.

Assembled augers, chainsaws, and rocket launcher weights don't match the value of the combined parts.

Personally I think going with 100% weight of the primary material would be better. If you're scrapping you pay a 25% penalty, if forging you pay with fuel, and in both cases you lose the secondary materials. Weightless crafted items already follow this scheme.

Pipebombs and flares need a diet.

Assembled augers, chainsaws, and rocket launcher weights don't match the value of the combined parts.

Ok that will make things a lot easier and simpler. Especially if I have to update all of my fixes when the next update drops.

Update (1/19/16)

+Items

Changed, removed, and added missing weight values of most items to fix exploits, balance and copy paste errors.

All crafted items yield 100% of the cost of the primary material it takes to craft them when placed in the forge.

Ignore my last update notes and I will re-compare my changes against the stock file.

clubIron: Removed <property name='Weight' value='10' />

clubSpiked: Removed <property name='Weight' value='15' />

clubBarbed: Removed <property name='Weight' value='5' />

sledgehammer: Removed <property name='Weight' value='72' />

hoe: Removed <property name='Weight' value='32' />

stoneAxe: Changed <property name='Weight' value='10' /> from 5

hammer: Removed <property name='Weight' value='15' />

wrench: Removed <property name='Weight' value='15' />

huntingKnife: Removed <property name='Weight' value='25' />

stoneShovel: Changed <property name='Weight' value='15' /> from 64

chainsaw: Changed <property name='Weight' value='410' /> from 160

auger: Changed <property name='Weight' value='410' /> from 400

emptyJar: Changed <property name='Weight' value='10' /> from 15

pipeBomb: Changed <property name='Weight' value='5' /> from 10

ironBoots: Added <property name='Weight' value='50' />

ironLegArmor: Added <property name='Weight' value='50' />

ironChestArmor: Added <property name='Weight' value='100' />

ironHelmet: Changed <property name='Weight' value='50' /> from 15

ironGloves: Added <property name='Weight' value='50' />

flare: Changed <property name='Weight' value='5' /> from 10

scrapBoots: Added <property name='Weight' value='25' />

scrapLegArmor: Added <property name='Weight' value='25' />

scrapChestArmor: Added <property name='Weight' value='50' />

scrapHelmet: Added <property name='Weight' value='25' />

scrapGloves: Added <property name='Weight' value='25' />

forgedSteel: Added <property name='Weight' value='20' />

minibikeChassis: Added <property name='Weight' value='200' />

rocketLauncher: Changed <property name='Weight' value='140' /> from 65

pufferCoat: Removed duplicate weight value <property name='Weight' value='25' />

i am assuming you are talking about the roaming hordes?

i have extended roaming hordes only up to day 99, but again the wrap code is supposed to reset the hordes and start over again as far as I know but the wrap code is not working properly so you can just further extend the days of the roaming hordes.

I was actually talking about 7 day hordes but from day 99 thru day 115 I had no hordes at night, nothing. No 7 day hordes on day 105 or day 112, and no roaming hordes. Then on day 116 the ♥♥♥♥ hit the fan and now I'm getting hordes 3 or 4 times a day, Lol

No idea what happened but long as it's working now /shrug :)

Hey there, I've been looking through your modified spawning.xml and came across this:

<day value="*">

<property name="ResetToday" value="true" />

<property name="EntityGroupName" value="ZombiesWastelandNight" />

<property name="DelayBetweenSpawns" value="1" />

<property name="TotalAlive" value="50" />

<property name="TotalPerWave" value="50" />

</day>

I know what this normally does, but as you've accounted for pretty much every day already I wandered if this is going to affect anything?

I was actually talking about 7 day hordes but from day 99 thru day 115 I had no hordes at night, nothing. No 7 day hordes on day 105 or day 112, and no roaming hordes. Then on day 116 the ♥♥♥♥ hit the fan and now I'm getting hordes 3 or 4 times a day, Lol

No idea what happened but long as it's working now /shrug :)

It is possibly because the Roaming Day and Roaming Night hordes are only disabled in the spawning.xml around (day before, day of, day after) the Feral 7 Day hordes up to day 99. These are known to occasionally interfere with the Feral Night Hordes, so if you want, you can just modify this XML to extend that programming for several more weeks.

Hey there, I've been looking through your modified spawning.xml and came across this:

I know what this normally does, but as you've accounted for pretty much every day already I wandered if this is going to affect anything?

What this should do since the wrapping code is disabled, is every day after 755 you will get a horde of 50 total all spawning at once. This is just to make sure there is at least something spawning to come kill you, you can always adjust this number or extend the days past 755.

- - - Updated - - -

and numberz is most likely correct since the roaming hordes use the wrap code after day 99 it will probably go out of sync and mess with the 7 day feral hordes. I might have to extend the roaming hordes up to day 755 as well. :(

What this should do since the wrapping code is disabled, is every day after 755 you will get a horde of 50 total all spawning at once. This is just to make sure there is at least something spawning to come kill you, you can always adjust this number or extend the days past 755.

- - - Updated - - -

and numberz is most likely correct since the roaming hordes use the wrap code after day 99 it will probably go out of sync and mess with the 7 day feral hordes. I might have to extend the roaming hordes up to day 755 as well. :(

Ah, sweet. Not a big deal, just nice to know what to expect. Thanks again for all your work, just loaded it all onto the server again after a wipe, and will be playing through; hopefully an update will be out before we reach day 755, but who knows.

Ah, sweet. Not a big deal, just nice to know what to expect. Thanks again for all your work, just loaded it all onto the server again after a wipe, and will be playing through; hopefully an update will be out before we reach day 755, but who knows.

You are welcome, if you do reach past day 755 let me know and I can extend the code to something like day 1000 or something lol. :)

Didn't find anything in this post about shotgun slugs. Was it already fixed that currently shotgun slugs and shotgun shells do not have different damage due to a missing property under pump shotguns?

<property class="Attributes">
           <property name="EntityDamage" value="15,15" />
           <property name="BlockDamage" value="5,10" />
       </property>

Didn't find anything in this post about shotgun slugs. Was it already fixed that currently shotgun slugs and shotgun shells do not have different damage due to a missing property under pump shotguns?

</property>

Fixed! Thanks for posting! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Update (1/19/16)

+Items

PumpShotgun: Fixed added missing property

</property>

Awesome work Clockwork Orange, love these new fixes everyday it seems!

Now does that mean the Pump Shotgun (Sawed Off Shotgun) can now use the slugs? I know the description says the slugs are for both Shotguns but for me only the Normal Shotgun can utilize both types of shotgun shells.

Holding "R" with the sawed off shotgun yields no results but with the normal shotgun I can switch between both types.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Sam

Holding "R" with the sawed off shotgun yields no results but with the normal shotgun I can switch between both types.

Not sure of the intentions for this weapon, I would assume only the pump shotgun is able to use the slugs as the sawed off only has one type of ammo listed in the magazine item:

<property name="Magazine_items" value="shotgunShell" />

@Dread

Yes that is very true - I did notice that as well. But go ahead when you can - look at the description for the Slugs. It advises that both shotguns can utilize this shell.

To be honest it should not matter if it being sawed off or not - a shell is a shell in this game. There is no 16 gauge or 20 gauge , etc.. shells just the two types. So to me it shouldn't be restricted to one shotgun only.

@Dread

Yes that is very true - I did notice that as well. But go ahead when you can - look at the description for the Slugs. It advises that both shotguns can utilize this shell.

I actually do not read most of the descriptions. It does in deed say for both shotguns. A simple fix if the OP wishes to add it in so that the sawed off can use slugs as well.

Update (1/19/16)

+Items

First Pass Code Cleaning: Removed all blank spaces that occurred after each line of code, tightened up code blocks, fixed code alignment for the items that code was not aligned properly

sawedOffPumpShotgun: Fixed added missing <property name="Magazine_items" value="shotgunShell, shotgunSlug" />

+Spawning

Extended day and night roaming hordes to day 756 ( Sorry for the large file size, blame the wrap code!)

Awesome work Clockwork Orange, love these new fixes everyday it seems!

Now does that mean the Pump Shotgun (Sawed Off Shotgun) can now use the slugs? I know the description says the slugs are for both Shotguns but for me only the Normal Shotgun can utilize both types of shotgun shells.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Sam

You are welcome! :)

Thank you for the feedback I am happy that you are liking the fixes.

If you find anything else that needs fixing please let me know. Cheers!

The claw hammer book grants exp on additional readings.

<item id="600" name="hammerSchematic">

<property class="Action1">
           <!-- UseAction -->
           <property name="Class" value="LearnRecipe" />
           <property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="hammer" />
[color="#FFFF00"]            <property name="ActionExp" value="100"/>[/color]
[color="#FFFF00"]            <property name="ActionExpBonusMultiplier" value="10"/>[/color]
           <property name="Delay" value="0" />
           <property name="Sound_start" value="Misc/recipe_unlocked" />
       </property>

The other books are missing these properties. Exp gets added per recipe, so books like MacDyver will grant multiple hits. "ActionExpBonusMultiplier" is the relevant property for extra readings.

Some looted clothing/armor are missing action skills.

Based on material type

<item id="351" name="miningHelmet">
   <item id="408" name="footballHelmet">
   <item id="409" name="goggles">
   <item id="410" name="kevlarHelmet">
   <item id="411" name="nightvisionGoggles">
   <item id="412" name="swatHelmet">
   <item id="737" name="aviatorGoggles">

add <property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Heavy Armor"/>

<item id="815" name="leatherDuster">

add <property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Light Armor"/>

<item id="387" name="gasMask">
   <item id="391" name="cowboyHat">
   <item id="392" name="ballCap">
   <item id="404" name="shades">
   <item id="684" name="denimPants">
   <item id="685" name="tankTopWhite">
   <item id="687" name="denimJacket">
   <item id="690" name="wornBoots">
   <item id="694" name="plaidShirt">
   <item id="805" name="hazmatBoots">
   <item id="806" name="hazmatPants">
   <item id="807" name="hazmatShirt">
   <item id="808" name="hazmatGloves">
   <item id="809" name="hazmatMask">
   <item id="829" name="pufferCoat">

add <property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Clothing"/>

Ok a few things.

First the books:

I am afraid that adding these values too all books and schematics will make reading books too overpowered and that maybe TFP only placed these values on certain books / schematics for that reason, however after seeing all of the other missing code that I have had to fix from everything else this is looking more and more less likely.

So I will take a good look at all the books and schematics and see what I should do.

Also I thought that the ActionExpBonusMultiplier was for the first read only and that the ActionExp is all that is applied for consecutive reading thereafter.

Also I am curious as to how it know what skill group to apply the experience to?

For eg the shotgunSlugSchematic has this code at the bottom but others do not have any skill group?

<item id="770" name="shotgunSlugSchematic">
       <property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Misc/Book" />
       <property name="Material" value="paper" />
       <property name="HoldType" value="21" />
       <property name="Stacknumber" value="50" />
       <property class="Action1">
           <!-- UseAction -->
           <property name="Class" value="LearnRecipe" />
           <property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="shotgunSlug" />
		<property name="ActionExp" value="100"/>
           <property name="ActionExpBonusMultiplier" value="10"/>
           <property name="Delay" value="0" />
           <property name="Sound_start" value="Misc/recipe_unlocked" />
       </property>
       <property name="FuelValue" value="20" />
       <property name="Weight" value="20" />
       <property name="Group" value="Special Items" />
       <property class="Preview">
           <property name="Zoom" value="10" />
           <property name="Pos" value="0,-0.2" />
           <property name="Rot" value="90,45,0" />
       </property>
	[color="#FFFF00"]<property name="ActionSkillGroup" value="Shotguns"/>
	<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="Gun Smithing"/>[/color]
   </item>

Armor:

As for the missing armor properties, I think that the Goggles nightvisionGoggles, and aviatorGoggles should maybe be considered light armor?

Not sure about those ones but the rest I will get sorted out soon.

Thanks for posting!

Also I thought that the ActionExpBonusMultiplier was for the first read only and that the ActionExp is all that is applied for consecutive reading thereafter.

That is true. When you first read the book you will get a multiplier as well as seeing which recipes you learned. If the item you will be learning have a actionskillgroup then on additional readings you will continue to get exp with the ActionExp values.

There is some interesting interactions with books that have multiple patterns and books that teach an item that has ActionSkillGroup and CraftingSkillGroup the same. Those will give a lot more experience, and require some number tweaking to have them equal the same amount.

If the items learned do not have a category, of course no exp will be earned.

Archived